Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Profile for K. Bridges > Reviews

Content by K. Bridges

K. Bridges (Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Prime Day! Bluedio Ci3 (Camel) Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Sports Headphones Sweatproof Running Earbuds with Mic (Silver/Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, 21 Mar. 2016
I guess I shouldn't expect too much for the price, but the reviews looked good. However, although they initially looked good, coming in nice packaging and looked smart, looking closer I saw they were quiet cheap construction (ok for the price). But the sound quality really didn't live up to expectations. Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't get them to fit comfortably with any of the different buds. This lead to poor bass and tinny midrange. I was expecting lower quality than my previous set as they were cheaper, but I couldn't cope with that level of quality. I've sent them back and am looking for a more expensive pair. It was worth a punt, but didn't work out this time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2016 6:17 AM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonky plates, 14 Mar. 2016
Seems sturdy and durable. However, the top press plate screw was not manufactured at the correct angle, meaning the plates did not come together equally. This meant equal pressure was not applied to the back of the watch and the watch back was just pushed out of place. I sent it back with the thought of trying another or a different version. A shame, it looked good otherwise.

KKmoon Charging Stand Holder for Apple Watch iWatch 38mm 42mm iPhone 6 6S Plus 5S 5C Samsung Galaxy S6 S6 edge HTC Smartphone 2 in 1 Eco Friendly Material
Offered by Hifone

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but poor finish, 17 Jan. 2016
Has potential to be good, one side looks very nice, but unfortunately that was the rear of the product. The front shows poor construction and workmanship. The top had some dents, which greatly impacted the look of the product, so I returned it. The design seems good and would look very smart if it had been finished to a higher standard.

Braun Oral-B TriZone SmartSeries 5000 Five-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide (Packaging and Smart Guide Varies)

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Triumph, 23 Mar. 2013
I've had a top of the range Braun toothbrush for many years. My previous one lasted a long time but the battery was beginning to not last as long and the rubber back had worn off. This one was on offer so I thought I'd replace it (and it had more flashing lights!)

I looked into the difference with the TriZone and the one similar to my previous one, the Triumph. The only difference was the head. I thought I'd give the Trizone a go as it was new and heavily promoted, the heads could be swapped back to the round ones that I was used to if needed.

The toothbrush is excellent, better than the previous one. The different modes are nice, but I don't use them much. It's fast and stays fast for many days, unlike my previous one that was slowing down through the week. The display on the unit is clear and turns off after a few minutes, which is an improvement.

The Smart Guide gives loads of info, some people don't like it, but I think it's a nice touch. But, the toothbrush works very well without it and you don't have to take it with you when on holiday etc.

After a few months of use, I don't like the brush head as much as the round ones, it just doesn't clean as well. I've now swapped back to the FlossAction heads, which I much prefer. With the FlossAction head, the brush cleans amazingly well.

I do feel the toothbrush takes far too long to charge. It keeps it charge well and I only charge it once a week and it hasn't run out at that point. But, I leave it on charge all day, normally for at least 16 hours and it still hasn't fully charged. I think this is too long, if it charged in 12 hours or less I would give it 5 stars.

I think it's an excellent brush and if you haven't used one before, go for this. I've tried cheaper models and you get what you pay for. But, buy the one with the round heads!

Catit Senses Speed Circuit
Catit Senses Speed Circuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Prefers the flat version, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Catit Senses Speed Circuit (Misc.)
I bought the flat version of this a while ago and my cat loved it. However, after a while she started to get lazy and just lie there, batting the ball around. So I bought the speed circuit to join into the other one.

However, she doesn't have the strength to keep the ball moving over the humps. It often gets trapped between two, just rolling back and forth, then she gets bored as it doesn't do anything. I don't really see why it's a "speed circuit", it's slower than the flat one, which the ball flies around!

She does like the flashing ball though.

I may try swapping parts out to make a smaller circuit with fewer humps to make things different.

EasyAcc 12000mAh Power Bank (4 USB Ports)
EasyAcc 12000mAh Power Bank (4 USB Ports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Mar. 2013
After lots of searching and getting confused by the different products available, what they will and won't charge etc, I went for this as it clearly stated that it would charge the devices I have and it looked quite good. I wanted to be able to charge multiple devices in my household (HTC One X, Nexus 7, iPhone 4s, Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD, iPad), tried them all and it works perfectly.

Very easy to use, plug in a device and press a button on the side of the EasyAcc. 4 blue lights show how much charge is available. I've been watching hours of stuff on iPlayer on my Nexus with it drawing power from the EasyAcc. The Nexus didn't charge in that time, but it didn't lose charge either, so long flights etc will be fine.

It's easy to charge, plug in a micro USB and off it goes. It doesn't come with a charger, but I found that a positive point... I have one for each device, why do I need another? Also, when traveling I don't want to take multiple chargers, kind of defeats one of the points of the device. It can use the 1A charger for my phone, or charge quicker with the 2A for my Nexus 7.

Leads and adapters for the most popular devices are included. It also comes with a storage pouch for the leads. Sadly, it doesn't come with a pouch for the device itself, which means the gloss black finish may get scratched in a bag, but I'm currently keeping it in the pouch for the leads, it nearly fits!

It is quite large and heavy, but I expected that, it's got a lot of power so that's the compromise. I don't think it's overly large though, it can easily be put in a bag when out and about and even in a coat pocket if necessary. I think it's a little much for jeans pockets.

Overall, very happy and would highly recommend it.

Aurora DT665 Large Business Calculator (With Cost Sell Margin and Tax)
Aurora DT665 Large Business Calculator (With Cost Sell Margin and Tax)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 3 April 2010
This calculator didn't really live up to expectations. It looks nice with its metal fascia, but that quickly gets marked by fingers. If you knock/press the screen you get residual marks on the LCD that stay there for quite a long time. It is very large and so the keys are spaced out quite far meaning that I missed the plus button a lot. I guess you would get used to that but I found it difficult to be fast and accurate.

There are some nice features though, tax, currency, decimal selector, backspace and double zero. The direct number input is nice, saves you typing away only to find that it was off. The screen is very large and at a slight angle, which is helpful.

I bought this and the Canon HS-1200TCG for business use. I thought I would prefer the Aurora due to the direct number input and metal fascia, but I preferred the Cannon and gave the Aurora to a colleague who really liked the larger size. He tends to use one finger all the time where I'm used to using a number pad and more than one finger. The Aurora also seemed slightly slower than the Cannon. It seems personal preference comes into play even with something as mundane as a calculator.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features for a great price, 3 April 2010
Quite a large calculator but is easy to use with responsive and well laid out keys, they are positioned about the same distance apart as a computer keyboard number pad so it's easy to be quite fast and accurate.

It has a lot of features compared to other basic desktop calculators, including VAT, %, double zero, +/- sign change button, 12 digit display, dual power and decimal selector. Many I looked at on the high street with these functions were over twice the price. Plus, this one is made of recycled material, so a bonus there.

It feels sturdy, is smart to look at (if that matters), has rubber feet so doesn't slide around the table and a slightly angled display. The only thing I would have liked to have had on it is a feature I've seen on some others where pressing any number button turns the calculator on, you can just start using it, a minor point though. Great for office or home use.

Creative 51MF1610AA003 GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Mar. 2010
I was looking for something that could produce a decent sound and wasn't too expensive for use at work as I sit in front of a computer all day. I decided to try these rather than the Logitech Z-10 or Z520 as I've been a fan of Creative for a number of years and they were at a good price. I was not disappointed.

The speakers look great in gloss black, either with or without the speaker grill/covers and are of a size that fits nicely on the desk.

The three knobs for bass, treble and volume are sturdy and have a smooth, solid action. The treble is clear and crisp and bass is good for the size of the speakers, probably due to the bass port on top of the speakers.

There are two 3.5mm jacks on the front of the main speaker, one for headphones and the other an auxiliary input. This was ideal for me as I could plug my mp3 player straight into the front (cable not included) and therefore didn't have to rely on files etc on the computer.

1 cable connects the two speakers together and another plugs into the sound card using a 3.5mm jack. I had no problems with the power adapter.

I prefer my 5.1 Creative setup at home for gaming as I do like the power of the subwoofer for explosions etc but T20s produce an excellent sound for music and film and won't annoy the neighbours. Highly recommended.

CAT Footwear Men's Peril Lace Up Boot
CAT Footwear Men's Peril Lace Up Boot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but big, 28 Mar. 2010
These boots look great but are not as comfortable as other Cat boots I've owned. Although I ordered the same size that I always have, these slip around a lot and I've had to put insoles in. Inside around the ankle is also quite rough and has caused blisters. Hopefully they will be less painful in time but I was disappointed as previous Cat boots have been excellent.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 10:03 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2