Profile for The Glamster. > Reviews

The Glamster. (UK)

Rest In Sleaze
Rest In Sleaze

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sleaze debut album in years!!, 12 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Rest In Sleaze (Audio CD)
I can not stress to you just how good this album is!

If you are a fan of sleaze rock, then when you hear this album you will understand it when I say that this album is up there with Skid Row's debut and dare I say it, not too far behind Guns N Roses' Apetite for Destruction! If this album had been released anywhere between 1987-1989, it most certainly would now be regarded as a classic.

This is the debut album from Swedish rockers, Crashdiet. Released in 2005, this four piece truly created something special. There are no fillers on this album, every song is a classic in itself.

The opening four tracks, are the "big four" so to speak. From the opening track "Knock Em Down" to the sound of those sirens and the bass which open "Riot in Everyone", you know you're listening to an album that's full on sleaze rock, but still mature in its song writing. These guys know what they're doing and they deliver it with style.

"Queen Obscene' is definately a track destined for the dance floor (a good sing-a-long head-banger)and the anthemic "Breakin' the Chainz", will have you singing the chorus on the first listen, but hey so will the others! ;)

"It's a Miracle" is an amazing ballad, more in the vein of GNR's Rocket Queen than a Sweet Child O' Mine, and to be honest, it's up there with it.

If you are lucky enough to buy the Japanese version of this album, you will get another great ballad in "Tomorrow", a song that should have made it on the regular release.

I am not exaggerating in what I say about this album. I love sleaze, so maybe I'm biased, but this is a mature sleaze rock album. Something that most bands in the sleaze scene don't have unfortunately, and that's maturity in the songwriting. Maturity does not make it less sleazy, it actually makes it even more sleazy and something you will want to listen to again and again. It's catchy, it's sleazy and you know on the first listen that these guys know how to play and know what they're doing.

Dave Lepard's vocals and lyrics are amazing, but tragically he passed away in January 2006. This album now exists as a classic reminder of his work but also as the classic debut that has paved the way for Crashdiet to continue with new vocalist, Ollie.

You will not be disappointed!!!

Netgear WG511T 108 Mbps Wireless PC Card
Netgear WG511T 108 Mbps Wireless PC Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage, recommended!, 12 Feb. 2008
I completely recommend this card, but want to offer my story to give guidance to others.

I bought this card to replace my 54Mbps Cable & Wireless card, as I wanted faster connectivity.

When I first installed the card, using the installation CD it comes with, there were two options:-

1.) Use the Netgear Smartwizard. (recommended)
2.) Let Microsoft Windows configure the card.

I chose the option that was highlighted as being recommended, Netgear, but in doing this upon "successful" installation, I had no IP address, but somehow I was still accessing the internet, then it kept crashing and then eventually it didn't work. I rang my ISP but because the internet was working through my modem, they would not help. I phoned Netgear, they didn't help either.

So, I un-installed the card and then re-installed it, this time choosing Windows to configure the card.

It worked instantly and perfectly. I have excellent signal strength everywhere in my house, and it is always at 108Mbps.

I have a Netgear Rangemax WPN824 router, I'm using Windows XP and my house is a 3 bed room semi-detached.

I would recommend this to anyone, for its range and signal strength, and for now knowing how to best install it, its ease of installation. :)

I am no computer expert. I can use a computer pretty well, but when things go wrong I get lost, like most people.

Hopefully to those that purchase it in future, my story will help and you can enjoy it, just like I am.

Thanks for reading.