Profile for rdabbott > Reviews

Science Museum Illusion Science
Science Museum Illusion Science
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't pull too hard!, 17 Jan. 2017
The metal gyroscope is of good quality but managed to snap string on 5th go which seems to be a common problem.

tec+ Basics Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter for iPhone 5/5S/5C/6/6Plus/iPad Air 1/2, iPad Mini 1/2/3, iPad 4th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation And Ipod Nano 7th Generation - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived from seller in good time., 20 Jun. 2016
This adaptor does not support music only charging and data. I should have read the description more carefully! Arrived from seller in good time.

TP-LINK WLAN REPEATER 300
TP-LINK WLAN REPEATER 300

5.0 out of 5 stars TP-LINK TL-WA830RE Wireless Range Extender, 30 Jan. 2012
One end of my house had very temperamental WiFi coverage from our BT Home Hub 3.0 that was positioned 20m away through 3 brick walls. The signal would regularly drop out. I had been looking at options to resolve the problem for months and couldn't decide between all the different products available. I was almost put off this product because it seemed too cheap but the reviews were helpful and suggested that once you got it working it was excellent. So the TL-WA830RE eventually arrived and I followed the installation instructions.

Method One - Setup by button. Press WPS button on router (10 seconds on BT Hub 3.0) and then press the range extender button for 5 seconds. It didn't work! Tried it again, tried it again, unplugged the power restarted and tried again, pressed reset button and tried again, tried one last time, gave up.

Method Two - Setup by utility. For this a mini CD is supplied which I didn't dare insert into my vertical loading Apple iMac incase it never came out again. Also, and probably more relevant, the CD is only compatible with Windows 2000 onwards. So I fired up my work laptop, inserted the CD and followed the simple installation instructions which require an ethernet cable to link to the range extender. The appropriate light eventually came on indicating everything was now working and the TL-WA830RE was paired with my router.

I relocated the range extender to the opposite end of the house and all of my WiFi devices with 802.11n were indicating practically full signal strength. My Play Station 3 is only 802.11g and this was showing 27% signal strength which was unchanged from before. When I searched for WiFi networks available there were two identical named routers but one now had 97% signal strength! I simply selected the stronger one and re-paired the devices. I can't say if this will be the same for all 802.11g devices but it is the only one I have and was the only one that didn't instantly switch to the new stronger signal.

I now have full on WiFi everywhere in my house and all for under £30. The set up issues were resolved in under 20 minutes and I am no IT expert. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with less than full WiFi coverage and just carefully follow the instructions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2012 10:28 PM BST