Profile for Maíra Albuquerque > Reviews

Content by Maíra Albuquerque

Maíra Albuquerque (Stockholm, Sweden)

Fushi Extra Virgin Sri Lankan Coconut Oil 250g/300ml, Organic Cold Pressed
Fushi Extra Virgin Sri Lankan Coconut Oil 250g/300ml, Organic Cold Pressed
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 30 Oct. 2011
When I first opened this product I went crazy about the smell. It smells so good! It reminded me of all those tasty brazilian coconut foods. So I immediately ate a spoon of it, and I was so disappointed. It doesn't taste very much... Anyway, you can eat it because it is very good for the digestive system, and you can also use it to cook. I haven't used it on my skin and probably never will, but I do use it on my hair, with great results. It really promotes a deep nourishment and it has this great smell... I absolutely love the smell! This smell may feel very strong initially but it fades away, leaving only a scent left, so the hair smells sweet and clean, but not "nauseating". This product is solid (you have to use a spoon to take it), but it melts and gets oily just with the warmth of your body. So before I wash my hair, while it's still dry, I use coconut oil on my scalp and in all my hair length. It's important to avoid using too much, because the hair can feel very heavy and greasy, and this oily feeling doesn't really fade away easily. I think one tea spoon of it should be enough for a long hair. I leave it there for 30min and then I shampoo one or two times, and that's it. But the best part of it is that coconut oil is amazing for dandruff. I have always suffered with dandruff since I'm a kid, and I discovered that those special shampoos and products not only do not help me at all, but they sometimes make it worse ¬¬. After massaging my scalp only once with coconut oil, I could notice how clean my head was! After two applications I was free of dandruff! I love coconut oil!

UPDATE: Hello! After two months using coconut oil, I felt like updating my review! I have tried it on my body and would like to share my experience! Coconut Oil is an excellent moisturizer for the skin! I use it after shower and the results are great! It is quickly absorbed and doesn't feel greasy. The skin feels very soft and smells deliciously good! Unlike most oils, that only work superficially (the skin gets soft, but not moisturized), I felt Coconut Oil works in a deeper level. I avoid using it on my face, however, because I think other products work better for me. But I can honestly say that Coconut Oil has almost replaced my moisturizer - I still use Nivea Crème (the miraculous blue can) and a L'Oréal body lotion, specially on the dry skin, but there is nothing like Coconut Oil after a good shower :) Totally recommended!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 9:47 AM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not miraculous, but very good, 30 Oct. 2011
So I bought this after reading all those stories about how wonderful and miraculous it is, and how absolutely necessary it is to use argan oil. I confess I didn't used it on my face yet, so I cannot speak for the wonders it operates on your skin, but I can speak a little for the hair part. I have tried it both on wet and dried hair. The effect is similar, but I prefer to apply it on dry hair. The oil is not very oily, which is good, and it has a weird smell that kinda reminds me of olive oil. Hopefully, the smell fades away and after less than one hour I can't feel any scent left. My hair feels more soft and looks a bit curly after using it. My hair is naturally wavy, but not curly... It is a beautiful effect, really. Of course, if your hair is nourished enough then it probably looks good without any products, and argan oil just helps give a nice effect. So no, no miracles performed. But I like it anyway!

UPDATE: Hello! I have been using this product for 2 months now and felt like updating my review. I haven't tried it on my body (I use Coconut Oil for that) but I do tried it on my face and I am very pleased with the results! I use just a little bit of oil, like few drops, and do a nice and quick massage on my face. My skin feels very soft and moisturized and it seems to reflect more light too. I think it looks very good. Also, I don't know if this is a psychologic effect, but I can swear it is "cleaning" my skin. I mean, I have some little scars and dark spots on my face (acne, too much sun, etc.) and I feel that they are getting lighter and starting to disappear with the use of Argan Oil. Again, it can be just an impression, but in case of doubt I will keep using it! I also feel my skin feels better with it than with the other moisturizers I was using. And about the hair I don't have much to say... the effect is not miraculous on my hair, but it sure looks beautiful!

Lanza Urdan Elements Molding Paste
Lanza Urdan Elements Molding Paste
Offered by MRTKInc

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 30 Oct. 2011
I discovered this product through my husband. This is the only product he puts in his hair to mold it a little and he doesn't even want to try other brands. So I decided to give it a try after an unfortunate haircut and I am so happy with the results. It is thick and doesn't feel oily. Just a tiny little bit of it already gives the expected results, so these 200g last forever. I always use it on my dry hair and it helps me mold and shape it, without leaving a dirty, heavy aspect. The hair also doesn't feel too hard, it looks natural and has balance and a nice volume. I like it :)

Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
by Pamela Smith
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Oct. 2011
I've spent years of my life studying tarot, but never felt really connected to it. I have always used a Marseille deck and a Oswald Wirth deck. The day I discovered Radiant Rider-Waite was the day my relationship with tarot changed. The images in the cards make it so much easier for me to understand the meanings of my spreads. They make me quickly see some first and more superficial meanings, but I found out that they also help me use my intuition. I love the colors used. I also love the blue sky with bright stars on the back of the deck. The deck does have a little smell, but I like it, to be honest! I have never played with the other Rider-Waite decks, Radiant is my first one of this kind, but I am absolutely in love with it. Highly recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 9:33 AM BST

The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles
The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles
by Sarah Bartlett

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little book, 19 Oct. 2011
I bought this book after reading a nice review at Aecletic forum. I think it suits better beginners/intermediate readers. Advanced tarot readers will probably feel bored. The book goes quickly through tarot history, decks, related skills (meditation, astrology), but what is really good about it is the collection of spreads and quick card meanings! I have been using it for almost one month now and am quite pleased. Definitely recommended!