Profile for Jock Macsporran > Reviews

Content by Jock Macsporran

Jock Macsporran "Sally T" (Malta)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
5v 2.5 amp DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm replacement power supply adapter AC/DC Uk plug / 3 pin cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem sorted!, 4 Oct. 2016
This was a replacement for a elderly router power supply that had stopped working. I did not know whether the PS was at fault or the failure was due to the router itself. New supply fitted, router up and running, just the job and still doing it. The delivery of the item was also spot on, arrived on the doorstep here in Malta within 10 days from date of order, great.

Sony BDP-S1500 Blu-Ray Disc Player with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
Sony BDP-S1500 Blu-Ray Disc Player with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD

5.0 out of 5 stars The BDP-S1500 highly recommended......., 7 Mar. 2016
This was purchased to replace a Philips Blu-ray player and it does the job very well. Plugged it in, pressed a few buttons and we were watching a DVD. Later the following day I got to the set-up, no problems. All in all I can say that I am very impressed with the Sony so five stars it is.

UCam247 HDO1080 All-in-one Home CCTV Camera
UCam247 HDO1080 All-in-one Home CCTV Camera
Offered by EyeSpy247

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality build and picture........., 7 Mar. 2016
Bought this to replace an ageing Y-Cam device that is not at its best now and, since Y-Cam do not seem to cater for non-internet connection and saving results to a NAS drive.
I had no problems with installation or set-up. The set-up program is pretty much the same as Y-Cam, a later version I think than I have, of a very similar program which works for both U and Y Cameras. Very handy in my circumstances.
The picture from this camera is at the least good to very good and I am not using the highest settings, the other parts of the private network can only cope with 802.11g protocol etc.
This means that for the purposes of a detailed review I will have to say that I cannot comment on the WAN features of the device but for quality of picture, ease of installation and set-up I cannot really fault it. I have been using it now for around two weeks and have had no problems perhaps Alarm sensitivity and Threshold adjustment but I think we will get there with a little patience. I highly recommend it.

45 Years [DVD] [2015]
45 Years [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Charlotte Rampling

5.0 out of 5 stars Unassuming Title......., 7 Mar. 2016
This review is from: 45 Years [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
An unassuming title maybe, but this is an excellent film in all aspects. The acting is superb, the scenario – the story of the couple getting ready to celebrate 45 years of marriage, the quiet village, the day to day life of these two people, friends etc. seems ordinary, but this is where the mundane ends and the sadness begins. The end comes like an earthquake razing 45 years of shared joys and sorrows to rubble. It merits 5 stars because it is deep and makes one wanting more and asking why.

Macbeth [DVD]
Macbeth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Fassbender

5.0 out of 5 stars William Shakespeare - foreboding and beautiful....., 7 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Macbeth [DVD] (DVD)
This is an historical play loosely based, by Shakespeare, on this Scottish lord. The dvd is magnificent – the scenery which is so darkly beautiful, the sense of foreboding, the scenes of battle etc. But of course, it is Shakespeare’s genius’ in the characters he creates who always stand out and make us discover something new about ourselves. In this story, Lady Macbeth swears that she would murder a beloved son for her husband to take Duncan’s throne when Macbeth refuses to kill the king. How many husbands are driven by ambitious wives? There is one thing that is puzzling – why was a French actress chosen to play Lady Macbeth? All in all, however, it is a most entertaining film and my wife and I have watched it quite a few times since we bought it.

kenable 5.5 x 2.1mm DC Power Plug to Socket CCTV Extension Lead Cable 10m
kenable 5.5 x 2.1mm DC Power Plug to Socket CCTV Extension Lead Cable 10m
Offered by ElectromartUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Extension Cable, 7 Mar. 2016
Bought this because I thought the power cable would not reach the camera U-Cam247 however, I changed my mind as to the cameras location and therefore did not require the cable.

UCam247 Weatherproof Junction Box for Outdoor Security Camera
UCam247 Weatherproof Junction Box for Outdoor Security Camera
Offered by EyeSpy247

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost a necessity., 7 Mar. 2016
Bought this at the same time as the UCam 247 camera and use it to protect the ether-net connector (I do not use it)from the humidity. Obviously the power connector is in there as well.
It is a well made, sturdy waterproof design and does the job very well. The seals that come with the box also have little blanking plugs attached so that one can blank off one or two of the holes if they are not required.
During fitting I found it awkward to hold both connectors in their location in the lower part of the box while trying to position the top to ensure that the connectors and weather seals are correctly located and fasten the screws that hold both parts together.
I must add that the camera and the junction box are located under an overhang in the building so are protected from the worst of the conditions found here, including the sun. All in all it is a useful addition, almost a necessity, if you are installing the camera and only using wi-fi for the connection. I awarded four stars due to the awkwardness I found during installation.

TRENDnet TEW-731BR Wireless N Cable Router 300 Mbps 4 x 10/100 Mbps, Auto-MDIX LAN ports + 1 x 10/100 Mbps Auto-MDIX WAN Port

4.0 out of 5 stars Third time Lucky, 20 Jan. 2015
This is the third Trendnet Router that I have owned since 2006. The Version 1. 0 TEW 731BR price and performance suits my requirements to a ‘T’, as a small extension to the network. At £15 approximately, plus postage how can one go wrong. It was up and running the same day as a replacement for a 632BRP which acts now as a further access point. I have two gripes only, the first is that the aerials on the rear are of the fixed type (cannot fit higher gain antenna), not a huge problem and, that the delivery estimate was christmas day (somebody/thing having a laugh eh!) which was doomed to failure from the start. The thing arrived on the 31st, 6 days late.

All in all I would recommend the TEW 731BR have never had any real problem with Trendnet Routers.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Two to use., 2 Mar. 2014
We used the stuff a couple of years ago on our jackets, it is a good product, but it is important that the Tech Wash be followed by the Tx Direct Wash – this helps maintain the waterproofing of the material.

Musicbox World 25026 Snow Globe Pirates Mice Playing By the Beautiful Sea
Musicbox World 25026 Snow Globe Pirates Mice Playing By the Beautiful Sea

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifter Upper..........., 2 Mar. 2014
I purchased this globe as a present for my niece’s son – he collects snow globes. He is not keeping too well so I thought I might cheer him up. When my niece received it, I got a message from her saying the globe “is a lifter upper” to quote her own words. She said she could play with it herself it is so pretty. By the way, it is not a snow globe, it’s a glitter globe but it is true, it is very pretty. It deserves five stars, it made a sick boy and his mum very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3