Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Camay 4 Oz Bath Bar Floral Scent Soap
Camay 4 Oz Bath Bar Floral Scent Soap

3.0 out of 5 stars A weak version of my beloved old Camay soap!, 17 Nov. 2015
I'm afraid this Camay of today is not as good as the earlier quality! Admittedly,it is similar,however does not have the same creaminess of the old,nor is the perfume as strong! However,it has been good to revive a memory from the past!,albeit a "diluted" version of the old.I will just say,that together with the postage,these tablets of Camay have worked out very expensive for what they are,and so I shall not purchase again.

Rohde Neustadt-D, Women's Open Back Slippers, Red (43), 5 UK (38 EU)
Rohde Neustadt-D, Women's Open Back Slippers, Red (43), 5 UK (38 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Slippers!, 25 Oct. 2015
I have been buying Rhode slippers for years---they are just brilliant,comfortable,easy to slip on and off and extremely useful if one needs to pop outside to the washing-line or whatever.As the current pair begins to wear/look dirty etc., I order a new pair for use when I go out to visit friends and to keep for best. They are very hard-wearing and cone in a good range of colours. Can't praise them too highly!

Philips 40 Watt E14/SES Oven Lamp Light Bulb

Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
by Ayse Kulin

3.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed!, 8 Dec. 2014
Certainly not the most exciting/gripping novel I have read,I just found it a little slow a lot of the time,found it hard to follow all the characters but I guess that was something to do with names foreign to me .Things became a little more interesting when the train journey finally took off toward the end of the book,but overall,I was disappointed!Sorry

Leaving Berlin
Leaving Berlin
by Joseph Kanon

1.0 out of 5 stars not easy to read, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Leaving Berlin (Hardcover)
I am really struggling with this one,not easy to read,disjointed and hard to follow/understand.Very disappointed--sorry

The Grand Duchess of Nowhere
The Grand Duchess of Nowhere
by Laurie Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to read, 7 Nov. 2014
Very easy to read,amusing style of writing and on the whole I enjoyed this book.So many of the non-fiction books which are written on St.Petersberg and the Russian Revolution are quite heavy going,so this potted and lighter account of some of the incidents connected to the Revolution and the Romanov families is a lot more pleasant reading!

I Cant Begin to Tell You
I Cant Begin to Tell You
by Elizabeth Buchan

3.0 out of 5 stars a good read, although personally I found that remembering all ..., 7 Nov. 2014
On the whole,a good read,although personally I found that remembering all the different characters and thir names a little confusing at times,and also a little slow/wordy on places.

The News Is Read
The News Is Read
by Charlotte Green

5.0 out of 5 stars The Green family are simply a very nice family and Charlotte's happy upbringing shines out of the ..., 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The News Is Read (Hardcover)
Very readable and really quite delightful,one can almost hear Charlotte's lovely voice reading the text! The Green family are simply a very nice family and Charlotte's happy upbringing shines out of the pages!

Rohde Womens 2292 Clogs, Blue (6 Ocean), 5 UK
Rohde Womens 2292 Clogs, Blue (6 Ocean), 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My Rohde Slippers, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Rohde Womens 2292 Clogs (Shoes)
This pair is the third one I have had from Rohde,I would recommend them highly.They are very comfortable,easy to slip on and off,and perfectly fine to use outside when walking to the wheelie-bin/letting out the dogs etc. and I would be very sad if I could no longer buy a pair.Also they are hard-wearing.

Rainhood by Wren - hair do