Profile for Yackolas > Reviews

FIFA 16 (PS4)
FIFA 16 (PS4)
Offered by rockaway-records

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort it out, EA., 7 Jan. 2016
This review is from: FIFA 16 (PS4) (Video Game)
I know criticising an EA game is like shouting at the sun that it's hot. I'm sure many, many others have said this long before me but I really, really wish EA would, instead of releasing a new £50 game full of the smallest tweaks and improvements each year, offer updates to squads after the summer transfer window for a small fee of say £5 or something, I certainly wouldn't mind paying this considering the amount I'm spending on a new game each year. I know there's the option to make these changes manually, but seriously who is going to sit there for hours on end and replicate the summer transfers on their game? All those people unwilling to buy a really expensive game each year just to get the new players for their favourite team (that's pretty much the only reason I buy it every year), would be much happier spending a much smaller bit of money for the transfer updates. EA are missing an opportunity at the moment to get money from those uneasy at spending loads on a new game. A transfer update each year to their existing games would address this issue.

Also, wouldn't it be much better for the fans if EA made a new game every 3 or 4 years? All the aesthetic and technical improvements would be more noticeable, and wouldn't feel rushed and lazy - as has been commented by people on the current and previous FIFA titles.

Again, I'm sure people have said this before but I just needed to express my frustrations.

Daft Wee Stories
Daft Wee Stories
by Limmy

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm still trippin', 7 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Daft Wee Stories (Hardcover)
I'm still trippin'. I'm on a permo. I'm on a permanent trip - me, after reading this book. 10/10.

Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 12 Mar. 2012
I'll put it this way, my friend asked me how much these were, I said they were £17, he thought they'd be £100 because they are so good! The clarity of the bass is awesome, the clarity of the sound is awesome. It can handle all types of music, from loud dance music (we pre-drank with these at almost full blast the other night and they can handle it) to quiet acoustic stuff and movies etc.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the power cable isn't long enough, but that doesn't REALLY matter.

Great speakers, I recommend them.

Access to History: The USA and Vietnam 1945-75 3rd Edition
Access to History: The USA and Vietnam 1945-75 3rd Edition
by Vivienne Sanders

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for revision!!, 28 May 2010
This book is brilliant! I was using the edexcel endorsed book of foreign policy in asia from 1945-73 and found it was really good, but then I bought this and it was was even better! Everything is so in-depth yet easy to break down and put into note form, also, there are "Study guide" and the end of each chapter that are sample exam style essays that could come up in the exam - these are just the best thing ever as they tell you what sort of things you should be writing (they have ones for OCR, AQA and Edexcel, so it doesnt matter which board youre on. I reccommend this book quite a lot!

Edexcel AS History, Unit 1: Pursuing Life and Liberty: Equality in the USA, 1945-1968
by Robin Bunce

4.0 out of 5 stars This is good, but buy in combination with the "access to history" one!, 28 May 2010
Firstly, if you doing Civil Rights on the Edexcel exam board at AS level then you should consider buying this book. It's very useful because it's not loaded with detail unlike some other topic guides, as the format is nice and easy to break down and put into note form.

However, I would also strongly recommend buying the book "Civil Rights in the USA 1945-68 (Access to History) (Paperback)" as it contains and covers more things with more depth, it also is easy to break down with diagrams useful for revision on every other page. The "Study Guides" at the end of each chapter in the book are example questions that might come up in the exam (there example questions for OCR, AQA and Edexcel exam boards. Ive literally just come out of my history exam and this book was INCREDIBLY helpful in combination with the book I'm supposed to be reviewing! It can also be used as a cross-reference with it too.

So my recommendation is that you buy this book in combination with Civil Rights in the USA 1945-68 (Access to History)
and your knowledge will be as sound as a pound!