Profile for J. Kavanagh > Reviews

Content by J. Kavanagh

J. Kavanagh (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
SMALL Curtain Split Ring Roman Blind Cord Repair EB 15mm (Pack of 20)
SMALL Curtain Split Ring Roman Blind Cord Repair EB 15mm (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 21 Nov. 2013
Used to repair our big roman blinds, they did exactly what we needed them to do. They are very sturdy well-worth the investment and peace of mind. It's great to know that our blinds aren't going to fall back off the wall on us next time we pull on the cord!

100 x Wooden Coat Shirt Top Trouser Clothes Suit Dress Garment Hanger
100 x Wooden Coat Shirt Top Trouser Clothes Suit Dress Garment Hanger
Offered by Saving world

5.0 out of 5 stars A giant box high-quality of coat hangers!, 21 Nov. 2013
I became sick of how many random, different, ugly plastic hangers we had strewn across our home. There was always a little disagreement over who got to hang their clothes on the 'good' hangers when a load of laundry was ready to put away.

So, this seemed like the ideal solution. What arrived is exactly what you might expect: a giant, heavy box completely full of coat hangers! I would question the packing methods just a little bit: there was no protection and as a result some of the hangers came out damaged, but there was actually slightly more than 100 in there anyway so it didn't matter. Still, a bit of bubble wrap wouldn't have gone astray.

The hangers themselves are high-quality: thick enough to hold shirts and jackets without leaving nasty crease marks in the shoulders.

If anything, buying this many was a little over the top. We have a lot of hanging clothes but even our household now has packs of these hangers stashed away around the house to pull out later on when we need them..

Texts From Dog: The Dog Delusion
Texts From Dog: The Dog Delusion
by October Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up, 21 Nov. 2013
Having loved the first book, this was always going to be something I ordered. The books are hilarious, it's the sort of humour that seems to appeal to everybody and sits on our coffee table for anyone to pick up. The only thing I would say - as others have - as with all sequels, 'The Dog Delusion', although brilliantly funny in it's own right, isn't quite as good as the original book.

Still five stars without a doubt though!

3MM NYLON BLIND CORD - 100M
3MM NYLON BLIND CORD - 100M
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 3MM NYLON BLIND CORD - 100M
Exactly as described and what we needed: a long spool of thick, long cord. We have 14' roman blinds where the cords had sadly perished. This cord is a huge upgrade over the stuff I replaced and seems to be wearing extremely well.

Laurel Paperclips Plastic Non-magnetising 35mm Assorted Colours Ref 25918 [Pack of 200]

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great!, 21 Nov. 2013
I must be on my third pot of these now, they're absolutely brilliant! As just standard paperclips they do the job very well, but that's not all they are useful for.

We find them very useful for bookmarking specific pages in medical journals, the fact that we can colour-code markings within the book and even point at specific lines with their shape is just brilliant.

We also use them around our kitchen, particularly to close off bags of cereal and crisps (fold over the top edge and stick one of these in the middle) although they survive in the fridge and freezer just as well as they do in the cupboards or in the office.

Sturdy, colourful, and exceptionally useful. This is one of those products that make you wonder why it wasn't brought to market sooner.

The Bettersleep Company Quilted Egyptian Cotton Pillow Protector Pair - Hotel Quality 100% cotton Cover with soft hollowfibre Filling - Machine Wash Anti Allergenic Easy Care Finish.
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 'recovering' deflated pillows, 21 Nov. 2013
A nice product for the price. We used these over a pair of pillows that had started to go a bit flat from use. These added an extra level of padding. Comfortable, thick, and well worth a £5 investment to get a few more months out of our current pillows!

The Bettersleep Company Brand Waterproof Quilted Microfibre Mattress Protectors Double Bed- Hotel Quality Anti Dustmite, Waterproof, Absorbent, Breathable & Fully Fitted Extra Comfort
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Hotel Quality'?, 21 Nov. 2013
I was a little surprised with this item when it arrived, it wasn't the high-quality, 'Bettersleep Company branded' item that was promised, but a generic mattress protector in generic packaging with a tiny Bettersleep Company bar code sticker on the back. If it wasn't for this label it could have been from just about anywhere. I'm even convinced I've seen the same item on the shelves of my local Asda!

Despite this, the item itself is OK, if unremarkable. I would strongly question the notion that this is a 'Hotel Quality' product or that it's the high-quality item that the description suggests. It isn't particularly soft and tends to make very loud crackling/ruffle noises when you move in the bed so not exactly ideal.

It fits our double bed fine and does the job as intended, but I had expected far more from the description and had been willing to pay the higher price as a result.

Realistically you could very easily pick up this exact product from any number of other sellers and - I expect - at a much lower price and without the flawed 'high quality' description and over-sell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 11:06 AM GMT

Fulton Knightsbridge 2 Umbrella City Stripe Grey
Fulton Knightsbridge 2 Umbrella City Stripe Grey
Offered by Neptune Wares

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant, smart, and strong.., 13 Nov. 2013
This umbrella is huge! It's more expensive than some other options out there on Amazon but if you're looking for a smart, large, and strong umbrella then this will suit your needs very well.

We have used it in windy weather and watched other people's umbrellas turn inside out whilst this one hasn't even fallen out of shape!

Very smart-looking and easily enough room for two, it's exactly what we needed now that the weather has turned!

Onaji - USB to Lightning Compatible Flat Cable (1m - WHITE) for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod nano 7 and iPod 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great third-party cable for your Lightning iPhone/iPad, 13 Nov. 2013
There was a lot of controversy around third-party lightning cables with the iPhone 5 was first released: Apple had encoded their cables in such a way that a very large portion of cables built by third-party companies either didn't work at all, or didn't work for very long.

This is still a concern now, so it's important to shop around just a little bit if looking for a cable and not looking to pay Apple's prices!

Although not the cheapest cable available, I would still recommend it above those cheaper options from personal experience. This cable has worked flawlessly for me both for charging and for plugging into the computer to transfer data. The fact that it's soft-touch means that it doesn't really tangle when chucked in my bag and dragged around with me each day. I've not really seen much benefit from the fact that it's a 'flat' cable rather than a more conventional 'round' one, but it's not a draw-back either.

It's long, robust, and does exactly what it needs to do!

Inflatable Blow Up Novelty Shark Large
Inflatable Blow Up Novelty Shark Large
Offered by ALADDIN'S CAVE

4.0 out of 5 stars Inflatable shark, 8 Oct. 2013
Bought for the pool on holiday, the was a great success with the kids. Genuinely, a fair bit smaller than we expected, it nevertheless served its purpose perfectly well and was well worth the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6