Profile for Stephanie Smith > Reviews

Content by Stephanie Smith

Stephanie Smith (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Talk Italian 2 Pack
Talk Italian 2 Pack
by Alwena Lamping

4.0 out of 5 stars Found what I learned very useful when visiting italy, 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Talk Italian 2 Pack (Paperback)
I found it hard after completing book one because the narrators talk very fast now, so it's quite challenging. Found what I learned very useful when visiting italy. All the right subject matter is covered in this and book one together.

Jakar Green Self Healing Cutting Mat A1 Double Sided cm mm inch Imperial Metric Squared Quality Proffesional
Offered by HaberCrafts

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong, light, has been indispensable to me since ..., 20 Jun. 2015
Strong, light , has been indispensable to me since I bought it.

Burda Mens & Ladies Easy Sewing Pattern 2653 - Bathrobe Dressing Gown Sizes: All Sizes

2.0 out of 5 stars not for beginners and burda not for me again, 20 Jun. 2015
I realised when I looked at the instructions that they didn't quite make sense for the option of the pattern I had chosen. However, as an experienced dressmaker I thought I would be able to work it out for myself. Unfortunately, whe all the pattern pieces were cut out and I began to assemble them, it became apparent that there was a serious problem with the facings for the shawl collared version. There was no way the pattern would work. I ended up having to cut and adapt the pieces to make the dressing gown, and it wasn't quite what I wanted. Would not recommend this pattern to a beginner and I will not be using burda patterns again.

Welcoming Home Baby the Handcrafted Way: 20 Quick and Creative Hats, Wraps, and Cocoons for Your Newborn
by Tricia Drake

4.0 out of 5 stars inspiring ideas, 19 April 2013
really enjoyed this book. Not only are the patterns different and innovative, but they also spurred me on to create some patterns of my own

Knit To Be Square: Domino Designs to Knit and Felt
Knit To Be Square: Domino Designs to Knit and Felt
by Vivian Høxbro

3.0 out of 5 stars limited appeal, 19 April 2013
patterns somewhat pedestrian....... ........................ ............... ..................... .................. ........... ............ .......... .......... .............. . ... ........... .............. .............. ................ ................ .....................

Simplicity A 3-4-5-6-7-8 Sewing Pattern 2269 Childs Easy to Sew Dresses
Simplicity A 3-4-5-6-7-8 Sewing Pattern 2269 Childs Easy to Sew Dresses

4.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery all ok - not so sure about easy to sew., 19 April 2013
good way to buy a sewing pattern, delivery was fast and pattern arrived in good condition. ONly one thing i would add, if this is supposed to be an easy pattern, I am surprised. the yoke is quite tricky to fit to the main body and even though I am quite experienced, I did not find it easy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2013 7:18 PM BST

Austermann Merino Lace Shade 07
Austermann Merino Lace Shade 07

4.0 out of 5 stars very fine yarn indeed, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Austermann Merino Lace Shade 07
this yarn is very very fine gauge and smooth. Will be lovely for lace shawls/scarves but I found it too thin and slippy on the needles for the socks which I had hoped to knit with it.

Guitar Gods: The 25 Players Who Made Rock History
Guitar Gods: The 25 Players Who Made Rock History
by Bob Gulla

4.0 out of 5 stars size doesn's matter, 21 May 2012
I was surprised and disappointed at first when this book arrived, because for the price it looked very small. It was a gift for my partner. However, he has been engrossed in it on a nightly basis since he got it and is finding it a goldmine of interesting information. So I guess it was a good buy. Don't be put off by the size.

Nokia Lumia 800 Sim Free Windows Smartphone - Matte Black
Nokia Lumia 800 Sim Free Windows Smartphone - Matte Black

1.0 out of 5 stars warning on battery, 21 May 2012
I did not buy my Nokia Lumia 800 on Amazon but felt I must write a review to warn other would-be purchasers about this phone. It's marvellous, yes, does all sorts of wonderful things, looks amazing, feels divine. An object of desire. BUT - the battery life is dreadful. At first it lasted about two days which was pretty poor. But now I have had it about 4 months and when fully charged the battery lasts only about 1 day. I don't use my phone that much, just the odd text or phone call, sometimes to look something up on Nokia maps or check my emails. But I have to charge it every night now and by that time, the battery has reached critical stage. This problem renders the phone almost useless. People's lives have been saved because when they have been out, eg hiking, sailing, on a mountain, they have been able to send for help via their mobile phone. There's absolutely no way i could depend on this phone to save my life unless Nokia introduce a wind-up charger for it. I really do wish i had not bought it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 6:55 PM BST

7dayshop Infrared IR Remote control Shutter Release for Pentax K-30 K-01 K100D K110D K200D K10D K20D K7 K5 K-m Kx Kr K-7 Km K-x K-r , *istDS2, *istDS, *istDL2, *istDL, *istD, also Optio S6 S60, Optio S5z S5n S5i, Optio S4i S4, Optio SV SVi, Optio 550 555, Optio 750z, Optio 330 430[rs], MZ-6, Optio A40, A36, A30, S12, S10, T30, RZ18 & Samsung GX-1L GX-1S GX-10 GX-20.

2.0 out of 5 stars of very limited use, 26 Mar. 2012
I was very disappointed with this product as I had hoped I could use it to photograph birds at my bird feeder in the garden. The first problem is that it will only work if it is facing the camera. I suppose that's down to where the camera manufacturer puts the infra red sensor. However, having accepted that, the second problem is that it will only work at very short range (within a few feet) and intermittently at that, so i have to stand as near to the bird feeders as the camera is ( I may as well just stand there with the camera). Even if birds were brave enough to arrive, the main thing in the frame would be me looking baffled and frustrated as I try in vain to get the remote switch to actually make the shutter work.
If you want to take pictures of yourself at short range, this remote gizmo is ideal - provided you don't expect it to work too reliably.

Page: 1 | 2