Profile for Samuel Wallis > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Timber
Timber

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Song!, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Timber (MP3 Download)
Don't usually like Kesha or Pitbull, so I was a bit reluctant about listening to this song, but when I first listened, I was instantly drawn to it and it is SOOOOOOOOO catchy. It WILL be stuck in your head all day!

Far Cry 3 Classics (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 Classics (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most refreshing experiences in gaming!, 19 Jan. 2014
Originally when I bought Far Cry 3, I dismissed it as an average shooter but I was wrong when I properly played it through.
The sense of a man on his discovery of killing is very interesting and very refreshing as you find him at the beginning freaking out at his first kill which brings a sense of reality to it, furthermore you see him progressing to actually becoming quite sadistic and praising himself for good kills. This makes for an interesting experience which I really enjoyed.
You don't necessarily have to be a massive fan of shooters, I personally don't like non action just shooter orientated games, but this is more of a survival kill or be killed game which is something I really enjoy!
One negative thing I could say is how often times the player feels disconnected when climbing radio towers and it brings feelings of (Oh, this does really feel like a video game) which does affect the player, but the rest of the time, it is an amazing game and definitely worth a play!

Matangi
Matangi

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Album by MIA, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Matangi (Audio CD)
MIA has always been my favourite music artist and this album definitely keeps up to scratch with the likes of her previous albums.
My favourite songs on the album are Karmageddon, Warriors, Come Walk With Me, Bad Girls, Boom Skit, YALA and Bring the Noize.
Each of the songs has their own personal flair, I have not stopped listening to this album since I bought it.
The talent on this album is amazing and its very easy to get into all of the songs!
A must buy 4th album for the wonderfully talented MIA

The Sims 3: University Life (PC DVD)
The Sims 3: University Life (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, 9 Aug. 2013
This game was a nice surprise for me as I was expecting the exact same experience as The Sims 2 University.
Instead what I got was a fresh new style of university which could be totally customisable. You can play as a rebel, jock or nerd which I thought was a fantastic feature which really added to the overall game play and gave you something to strive for. What I mean by this is that you check your new smartphone - which is totally awesome, to see how you can improve as a jock, nerd, or rebel. You have schedules which you check to see when your next class is, and the sims automatically go to class when they need to which is good because otherwise you would have to check the schedule a lot.
There are also some amazing new hairstyles, clothing and furniture available that add a sense of authenticity to the gameplay and made me as a player feel like they were actually real people and it just involved me more in the game. What I mean by this is that the all the new stuff there was particularly likely for a real life uni student to have.
This is a brilliant game which you should definitely buy if you want to buy an expansion pack.
The total price I would pay for this game is probably about £25/$40.

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Peter Sallis
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Film Gromit!, 5 April 2013
This film is very memorable from my childhood and as my Surname is Wallis (Not spelt the same way obviously) I have always had a soft spot for Wallace and Gromit. This film is one of my favourite childhood films that always brings a smile to my face. I had bought it when it came out but I lost it, so after yearning for it for several months I decided not to carry on looking for it and just buy another copy. I mean, it's really cheap only about 4 quid. But when I watched it again, my childhood memorys just flooded back to me, so yes it's a great buy!

Ceremonials
Ceremonials
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great 2nd Album For Flo, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Ceremonials (Audio CD)
I will start off by saying that this album is amazing!
But I will also have to say that it took me a few listens, to fully appreciate it!
It is NOT like Lungs at all, which was an amazing album as well, but, if you liked Lungs, then you will probably like Ceremonials.
My favourite songs are: Breaking Down (Which is one that took me ages to like, at first I found it sooooo boring, but as you listen to it more and more times, you will get used to it and start to like it!). I also really like the hit single Shake it Out which is quite dark but very good listening material!
If the first album wasn't quite to your liking; you actually might enjoy this one, so please give Ceremonials the benefit of the doubt and give it a listen.
If you really know it's not for you, then fair enough, everybody's tastes are different, but I personally love this album and there isn't a song on it that I would skip!

TEEPEE ONLINE® for Blackberry 8520 / 9300 CURVE black CASSETTE TAPE case cover
TEEPEE ONLINE® for Blackberry 8520 / 9300 CURVE black CASSETTE TAPE case cover
Offered by PENCILUPNOSE

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Cheap!, 5 April 2013
What struck me about this phone case was the fact that it was so cheap.
It is really good value for money. I needed a new phone case as I had put my old one in my pencil case - for safekeeping, and a biro had leaked all over it leaving it sticky and in need of replacing. I really wanted one of these designs, as I had seen people with them at school. I searched it up and found this one.
It fits quite well, only problem is, you can only see part of the blackberry logo on the back case, but if your not too fussed about that, then I suggest this is the phone case for you!

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars WOAH!, 10 Mar. 2013
Since seeing the trailer sometime in November 2012 I had high hopes for Tomb Raider, never having played a Tomb Raider game before, I decided I would pre order it! The excitement built up for me quite a lot as I pre-ordered it in December 2012. I just couldn't wait to play it! On the trailers and other videos that I watched on YouTube, the graphics looked astounding.

On the day before the release date (Monday 4th March 2013) the game dispatched, but didn't actually arrive until that Friday. I suppose it fell right within the 3-5 day delivery slot, but usually they deliver two days after dispatch.

When I first started playing, I was hooked, I wouldn't come off it and my eyes were glued to the screen.
The gameplay, storyline and graphics are amazing and the character development, of Lara in particular was very good and I found myself feeling upset when she was up set and courageous when she felt courageous.

The only fault on this game that I could point out is the fact that the game is shorter than I would want it to be and I finished it in under 12 hours. Which is about 2/3 days for serious gamers.

But don't let this put you off in anyway, the game is fantastic and when it finishes you will be begging for a sequel.

To conclude, I think this game is one of the best games I have ever played. If you don't like the old Tomb Raider games, or don't think they are your kind of thing. Well, just pretend this is a completely different game to them, because they are NOT in any way similar.

Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Amazing Games EVER!, 15 Dec. 2012
This game series has to be one of the best ever made!
The first Assassin's Creed game was ok, with poor graphics and with a boring plot.
This one is immense though with stunning graphics and awesome gameplay, the only thing I would note on is the swordplay which is quite a bit different to the first game, and personally I prefer the other swordplay.
The climbing of buildings is miles better than Assassin's Creed 1 and also the little white spotlight feature is added whereas in the other game you would just have to sort of guess.
A brilliant choice of game, though if you were considering buying this I would heartily suggest that you play the first one first as some key plot is in it. You would understand the gameplay if you played this one first but you should really get the first one.
Really cheap as well for what it is, even though this is a fairly old game you would't be able to tell!
Hope this reveiw helped you!

Easy A [DVD] [2011]
Easy A [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Emma Stone
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie With Great Delivery!, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Easy A [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This movie is a definite must buy for those who love a bit of a night in! When you're a bit bored or having one of those days watching this film will really cheer you up! The delivery speed is amazing, I ordered it with the super saver delivery and it came within 2 days and had tracking information. Brilliant, just brilliant. WATCH IT!!!

Page: 1 | 2