Profile for Nick > Reviews

Content by Nick

Nick (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
2 x SPEAKER BINDING POST WALL FACE PLATE - BANANA PLUGS High Quality Gold Plated
Offered by EuroNetwork Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent face plate, 1 Sept. 2014
I wanted a face plate that did not require soldering at the back. I thus purchased two of these to go in my son's room to ensure no dangling cables in the room. The faceplate is good quality and easy to fit. One star taken away as the back is the same as front. I mean, the fittings are exactly similar so you could fit a banana plug or just fit the cable in the side hole by loosening the fitting. In other rooms I've used ones that have a screw fitting at the back which in my opinion was a better option.

4 Port Double Socket RJ45 Network Cat 6 FacePlate Ethernet GIGABIT Wall Plate
4 Port Double Socket RJ45 Network Cat 6 FacePlate Ethernet GIGABIT Wall Plate
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Aug. 2014
Good quality faceplate that does the job. I like that they have added space for tagging the network point which makes it easy to identify. Can't complain much at the price

2 Port Single Socket RJ45 Network Cat 6 FacePlate Ethernet GIGABIT Wall Plate
2 Port Single Socket RJ45 Network Cat 6 FacePlate Ethernet GIGABIT Wall Plate
Offered by rhinocables

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Aug. 2014

White 1 Speaker 2 Binding Post Banana Jack Wall Face Plate Panel Surround Solder

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 29 Aug. 2014
I like the wall plates however, the only gripe I have is soldering the cable at the back. I would have preferred a screw fitting instead. Also, the picture suggests that the face plates are clean however they come with a branding (name in black ink) which is about and inch and half wide on the front.

White Gold Tone 2 Binding Post Audio Stereo Wall Plate Panel Connector
White Gold Tone 2 Binding Post Audio Stereo Wall Plate Panel Connector
Offered by sourcingmap

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Aug. 2014

Sewell Silverback Banana Plugs, Dual Screw Lock, 12 Pair (24 Pieces)
Sewell Silverback Banana Plugs, Dual Screw Lock, 12 Pair (24 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good look, wider outer cover is added benefit, 29 Aug. 2014
Excellent plugs for the money. I've purchased few of them through Amazon but nothing comes close to these in terms of quality. There are others that are plastic that look completely out of place and the screws on the plugs in them are very small to work your way through them. Sewell has got the looks right as well as the screws on the plugs are wide enough to take a standard screwdriver to fit it well. Also, because of the wider outer cover the screws on plugs need not stay flush to fit the outer cover. This is especially essential for thicker cables as you may not be able to screw all the way down. I had a lot of such issues with the the other plastic ones I purchased earlier.
So far, I've purchased around 18 pairs and am very happy with my purchase

chinkyboo 5x Hard Plastic Case Holder Storage Box for AA / AAA Battery (Color send by random)
Offered by chinkyboo

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard plastic case to store your batteries, 18 Dec. 2013
What did I like/dislike about the product?
Since the day I bought these cases, I've never had to look around for my batteries. They are now properly stored in these cases and stacked in a drawer to retrieve them when needed. Also, carrying batteries for my travel is so much easier now.

Does the job
Good price

Who would I recommend the product to?
Anyone who owns batteries and wants to ensure they are available when you need them (almost everyone)

Audio-Technica ATH M50 - Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH M50 - Headphones
Offered by Always Open Always

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Can! Great Flats!, 18 Dec. 2013
What did I like/dislike about the product?
I've been researching for headphones for a while until I came across these amazing headphones. I've tried many headphones but I'm convinced that none sound better than this. I like my music to be pure with no boosts added by the headphones. These produce the purest music I've ever come across. The way artist intended it to be. Even music from your iPhone/iPod sound substantially better than any other headphones I've used/tested before. For the price, it is a no brainer to just purchase these. These are closed back and around ear design. That may be a downside to some who don't find around ears to be comfortable. They are made of plastic but look alright for something made entirely of plastic. The only negative about these headphones would be the fact that the cable comes connected and cannot be replace unless done professionally. I would hate to throw them away only for the sake of cable going awry.

Why did I choose the rating?
I haven't come across anything that produces better flats than these

Who would I recommend the product to?
Any music lover who wants to listen to music as it was intended to be
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 4:51 AM GMT

Ring RAC630 12V Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator with LED Light, Adaptor Set and Storage Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Ring Air compressor, 18 Dec. 2013
What did I like/dislike about the product?
It's a well made product that does the job well. It inflates the tyres of my car from flat to full(30) in about 3-4 minutes. You can hear the compressor when it is running however, it is not very loud to create nuisance to people around. Having tested the inflation readings they do appear to be very accurate, and the pump makes it a quick and easy job to optimise tire air pressures every couple of weeks. The storage system for the cable is ok, but it could be designed better. It is easy to store in the boot and takes very little space.
I have faced an issue with the compressor after 3 months of use. The LED display has gone wonky. Which means it shows reading but not the way it should. An 8 might look like a C and a 9 might look like a 7. Missing bits in the display. I'm trying to find out if this can be corrected with use of a battery. I'll write an update if I can correct the problem.

Why did I choose the rating?
It would have been five but because of the display issue and the storage system being a bit fiddly I chose to give it a 4

Who would I recommend the product to?
It would be a useful addition to any boot.

Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography
Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography
by Walter Isaacson

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Guy!, 18 Dec. 2013
What did I like/dislike about the product?
This book is very insightful about the person who has been an enigma of sorts throughout his life. It has great details about his life both from his perspective and from people who knew him at various stages of his life. I like this book as this is the only book that Steve himself contributed to. I mean there are personal questions asked and answers given by Steve. Now, whether those answers are 100% genuine or not is not a point of discussion here. Who is to know. We can only form an image based on what other contributors had to say about questions that were put to both Steve and them. I have read this book once and listened to it in audiobook format couple of times and for some reason the book keeps be hooked. A great book about a great guy who changed the world

Why did I choose the rating?
A Great book about a great guy who genuinely made a difference to the world.

Anyone who cares to know about the real Steve Jobs