Profile for Iggy > Reviews

Content by Iggy

Iggy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The North Face Verbera Hiker II Gore-Tex, Men High Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Cub Brown/Zinnia Orange L7P), 10 UK (44 1/2 EU)
Offered by Outdoorkit Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars North Face Verbera Hiker ll GTX boots - Lower eyelet popped out the very first time I pulled up the laces., 12 July 2016
I am very disappointed with the pair of North Face Verbera boots I received from Amazon.
The first time I tried the boots on, the lower left eyelet on the left boot popped out as soon as I pulled on the laces. I didn't even get the chance to do the laces up. I can only guess that the eyelet was either broken or badly damaged in the factory prior to being inserted in the boot, as there was no flange around the eyelet when it popped out and there is no damage to the empty eyelet hole.
It's probably obvious to say this fault has completely put me off buying another pair of The North Face Verbera Hiker II Gore-Tex boots.
What I think is a bit ironic is I purchased a budget pair of V-12 Thunder boots 5 years ago, which are not particularly designed for hiking and I have walked at least 2000 miles in them, up to 12 miles per walk, usually on roads, coast paths and across fields without any problems until now. Unsurprisingly they now have no cushioning left in them and have no tread.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2016 4:27 PM BST

3x Olbas Oil Inhalent Discongestant For Colds With Pure Plant Oils 28ml
3x Olbas Oil Inhalent Discongestant For Colds With Pure Plant Oils 28ml
Offered by PP Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money when buying the three pack of ..., 12 Nov. 2015
Excellent value for money when buying the three pack of Olbas Oil.
I think Olbas Oil is the best remedy for decongesting a blocked nose. It works very well and is natural. I always use it when I have a blocked nose.
Highly recommended.

Samsung LS32D85KTSN/XU - S32D850T/32" LED 16:9 2560x1440 black
Samsung LS32D85KTSN/XU - S32D850T/32" LED 16:9 2560x1440 black
Offered by ILGS - I Love Going Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Monitor and fantastically Bad Samsung Customer Service, 12 Nov. 2015
I am very pleased with this monitor.
I am using it for photo editing and watching DVD movies.
There is supposed to be a slight color shift at extreme viewing angles, but this is hardly noticeable and does not detract from photo editing or watching DVD movies.
The text scaling default is a good size. However, I prefer it much bigger at 150%. I have Windows 7 and the text does not look sharp at 150%, unless you use the 'Adjust ClearType text' option. I found it best for my eyesight on the default settings. I did this by just pressing 'Next' through the text options and then 'Finish'. The Adjust ClearType text option is found in the left hand side column of Control Panel/ Display/ Make text or other items larger or smaller.
This monitor is exceptionally good value for money and I am very pleased I bought it.
On a final note, I must say I think Samsung Customer Service is terrible and rubbish. I spent over an hour on the phone with them, speaking to various people about the monitor. None of them knew anything. I can only guess they must be paid with chicken feed and vegetable seeds and have absolutely no training from Samsung. I recommend using blogs instead if you want to find out anything.

Nonslip Soft Silicone Truck Car Gear Shift Knob Cover Black
Nonslip Soft Silicone Truck Car Gear Shift Knob Cover Black
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Use white spirits or similar, if you have difficulty in attaching the gear lever cover, 18 Sept. 2015
I think this gear lever handle cover really is fantastic value for money. It has a good feel to it which feels much better than what the uncovered gear lever handle did.
Some reviewers have said they had real difficulty getting the cover on and it broke, etc.
I strongly recommend using white spirits or any other chemicals which do not harm rubber and will evaporate quickly (isopropyl, etc).
Pour about 5 ml (a tea spoon) into the inverted cover. Then gently swirl around and pour out onto the ground. The inside of the cover will then be very slippy and also very flexible. On attachment, I discovered the cover was too long for my gear lever gaiter, but it was very easy to remove and to cut off the 'flange' below the hand grip. I reattached the very slippy cover, correctly positioned it and then left it for a few hours to allow all the spirits to evaporate. On returning, the spirits had completely evaporated and I discovered there was a very small air gap at the top of the cover, so I gently stretched the cover down and it's now almost a perfect fit.

Sumex 1035575 Car Convex Blind Spot Mirror - Chrome
Sumex 1035575 Car Convex Blind Spot Mirror - Chrome

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a blind spot mirror., 12 Sept. 2015
The item is definitely not as described:
It is NOT a blind spot mirror as the angle of view is small and has less than half the angle of view of proper blind spot mirrors. This mirror is junk and not fit for purpose. Anyone using this mirror on a motor vehicle as a blind spot mirror would inevitably become involved in a road accident.

West Highlands (Pocket Mountains)
West Highlands (Pocket Mountains)
by Nick Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for walkers., 28 Aug. 2015
A very informative book with lovely illustrations and photos and really is a pocket size. This is ideal for walkers.

Tenba Messenger Mini Case for Camera/Laptop
Tenba Messenger Mini Case for Camera/Laptop
Offered by ZNE global

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional and practical., 28 Aug. 2015
Although there's not a lot of room, the bag is very well made and it's nice and compact. It's very functional and practical.

Mens 12 Pack Pierre Klein Underwear Fashion Jersey Button Fly Boxer Shorts Style 1- X Large
Offered by hosiery-direct-uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Too restrictive and contravenes the 'freedom of movement act'., 28 Aug. 2015
I bought a size larger than my usual size, but discovered they were as tight as wearing Y-fronts and so I do not recommend them.

Flexible Vinyl Adhesive - 12ml
Flexible Vinyl Adhesive - 12ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and a great product., 28 Aug. 2015
Good value for money and a great product. Be careful not to wait the recommended 15 minutes drying time for contact gluing if the temperature is 25 degrees celsius or higher. I recommend 10 minutes.

20 x HEAVY DUTY 9" TENT PEGS - 23CM x 4.5MM - MADE FROM GALVANISED STEEL - CURVED HOOK ON TOP - GREAT FOR SECURING TENTS / AWNINGS / GOAL NETS / POND NETTING
Offered by Unibos

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Aug. 2015
Excellent value for money. They do buckle occasionally, but can be easily straightened out with a hammer or mallet on a hard flat surface, such as concrete. Be careful not to accidentally hit your fingers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4