Profile for AliJGee > Reviews

Content by AliJGee

AliJGee "alisonjoanna"

LEFON FM AM Radio With Bluetooth Wireless Speaker MP3 Music Player Support TF Card / USB Disk, 3.5mm AUX Line-In,LED Screen Display(Red Upgraded)
Offered by Dragonfly Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little radio!, 19 April 2017
I only received this LEFON radio about half an hour ago, fast delivery (ordered it last night), and I have already tuned in the radio stations and played some songs via my phone using the bluetooth facility. I found this radio really easy to set up and tune in, it is small, light and compact so will be really easy to take out and about with me, it has quite good volume and the sound quality is really good considering the small size of the unit. Perfect for me, I highly recommend it. Also love the choice of different colours it is available in, I chose the red and love it!

iDeaUSA Bluetooth Headphones, Wireless Foldable Over ear Headphones with Built-in Mic, Apt-X Hi-Fi Sound for Apple, Android Devices, TV - Black
Offered by WCB UK Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, Great Sound, 4 Mar. 2017
Lovely, comfortable wireless headphones with great sound, really easy to pair up with my devices. Come with a great storage pouch, for which the headphones fold neatly to go inside. I just love how comfortable they are. I bought another make of wireless headphones previously and they hurt my ears after just a few minutes of wearing them, will be giving them to one of my young nieces as they are more suited to children. So I'm very very happy with these iDeaUSA ones, thank you!

I love London Novelty British Flag Union Jack Postbox Letterbox Keyring SOUVENIR

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks really nice, lovely addition to my keys, 11 Sept. 2015
Arrived very quickly. Looks really nice, lovely addition to my keys, but I'm bit worried the push-on black bottom may come off thoigh, hence 4 stars.

Ladies Boots Womens Shoes Military High Ankle Lace Up Buckle Fur Lined Winter
Ladies Boots Womens Shoes Military High Ankle Lace Up Buckle Fur Lined Winter
Price: £22.99 - £25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value!, 2 Feb. 2015
Brilliant boots, really impressed, they look great and are excellent value. I got them in size 7 in khaki, they fit perfectly and are so warm and comfortable. I love them so much that I've ordered another pair for myself in black, and a pair in khaki for a friend.

Routes To Riches (Deluxe Version)
Routes To Riches (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Proud as Punch!, 1 Jun. 2011
Well, I guess I could be accused of being totally biased seeing as the lead singer/composer of this brilliant band is my own Nephew, Andy Platts - but I honestly do find this band fascinating and the music vibrant, lively and very enjoyable - they so love what they do and strive more and more for improvement, this album is fantastic and contains all their best-loved songs, such as Pots of Gold, Finger on It, You are the Music in Me (my personal favourite) - I would recommend this album without hesitation, just put it in your CD player, sit back and relax! As family, we have been lucky enough to hear the whole of Mama's Gun's new album which is due to be released in 5 days' time (6th June 2011), it's called "The Life and Soul" and can be pre-ordered right here on Amazon!

Behind Closed Doors
Behind Closed Doors
by Jenny Tomlin

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliantly written book!, 16 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Behind Closed Doors (Hardcover)
I have just finished reading this book, and it only took me 2 days, I just couldn't put it down! It is really well written, the areas of London where they lived are so well described that you almost feel as though you are there with the children. It is the extremely harrowing true story of Jenny, who lived in poverty and squalor, further worsened by her parents' terrible fights, the beatings of her mother by her father, and the physical and sexual abuse which she and her siblings endured at the hands of their father, and sometimes other men. Parts of the book are almost too painful to read, and I confess that tears were brought to my eyes on more than one occasion. But at the same time, I just had to keep on reading! Jenny Tomlin is the mother of actress and singer Martine McCutcheon, and I saw her interview on ITV's This Morning programme some weeks ago, and had been looking out for the book ever since. I really enjoyed reading it, but it also made me so very sad. What an amazing woman Jenny has become, this book must have been very difficult and painful for her to write. Highly recommended.

Ghost Girl
Ghost Girl
by Torey L. Hayden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, sad, very shocking, 8 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Ghost Girl (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the third Torey Hayden book I have read (the first two were One Child and it's sequel, Tiger's child, both excellent). This book, Ghost Girl, is incredibly moving and extremely shocking. It is hard to believe that this sort of abuse goes on, but it does, and here Torey tries so desperately to help this little girl, Jadie, a pupil in her class for special needs kids, who is an elective mute but begins to talk to Torey almost immediately. It soon becomes clear that something is very, very wrong but Torey can't quite put her finger on it, and tries very hard to encourage Jadie to tell all. When she eventually does confess to everything that is happening to her and her six year old sister, Amber, and even to her 18 month old baby sister Sapphire, Torey is terribly shocked and unsure what to do, as she has promised Jadie she won't tell anybody of their secret after school conversations. But matters take a dramatic turn - you'll have to read it to find out the rest! I really enjoy reading Torey's books and find them hard to put down once started, and I am about to order 2 more to take on holiday with me! Highly recommended.