Profile for LOL > Reviews

Content by LOL

LOL (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ARSUK LED Daylight Reading Task Magnifier Floor Lamp- Magnifying Reading Glass Led Light- 5x Magnifier Lamp Large Desk Floor Flexible Head

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough for knitting, 4 Jun. 2016
I wanted this to help with my knitting. The lamp seems sturdy enough, and takes about ten minutes to assemble (you'll need a small Phillips-head screwdriver, but no other tools). However, the lens is plastic and has ridges in it (a Fresnel lens), so it doesn't magnify very much and there is distortion and colouring around the edges. Furthermore, there are only 4 LEDs, which provide enough light to read (maybe), but not enough to really illuminate my knitting. Sadly, I'm sending it back.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale
Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scale, somewhat fiddly to use all the features, 3 Jun. 2015
Looks nice and modern, and the digits are large and easy to read. It's a little fiddly to use the 5 different user modes that can be stored in the device: every morning I have to step on the scale to turn it on, then press a button around on the top edge, wait until the digits return to 0.0, and then step back on. After it shows my weight, there's a brief wait before it's supposed to show BMI, body fat and body water content. This appears to work about 1 time out of 4; the rest of the time it just shows weight. But this one does the job.

Panasonic W-Lan IP-CAM - security cameras (640 x 480 pixels, M-JPEG, 5 - 40 °C, 20 - 80%, CMOS, 25.4 / 4 mm (1 / 4"))

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even think about it unless you're a networking expert, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is for the Panasonic BL-C121, which is the one depicted in the photo. I purchased this as a replacement for the earlier version (BL-C20), which I had used successfully since 2006. I have a Mac, and at the time I bought the camera was using Virgin Media cable for my ISP.

Every time I have had to set up these cameras, or make changes due to new router equipment, it has taken me several days of frustration to figure out how to make them work properly. I consider myself a pretty good computer geek, but not well-versed in the way that routers and ISPs work. I end up just trying random things until the camera starts to work, and then dread the next change of equipment. After switching to the BT HomeHub 5, I just gave up. There's more to life than spending days trying to get the webcam to work.

The main problem is that Panasonic does not provide any support for this camera and a Mac. If it works for you using the one-page setup instruction, consider yourself lucky. There are plenty of hits on Google, but many are outdated or even incorrect (i.e. you don't need a 'crossover cable' to connect the camera to a modern-ish Mac to do the setup). Once you get it going using Ethernet, you're in for more frustration getting it to work wirelessly. My latest frustration is that my new BT Home Hub 5 doesn't allow me to configure as many things as the Virgin hub did, so I am completely helpless to configure it as required (i.e. there are two separate MAC addresses, both of which the router must be told to recognise). In total frustration, I even cancelled my Viewnetcam.com account (that's the DNS server provided free by Panasonic), in hopes the camera setup would allow me to register anew, but no luck. With the BT Home Hub 5 I can't even get it to work via Ethernet.

Unless you are an expert at routers and modems and your own ISP, my advice is to forget about this camera. I know it's a good webcam, it just defies all efforts to set it up with an average skill level.

Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Saucepan Set - Silver, 3 Pieces
Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Saucepan Set - Silver, 3 Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, but for the shine, 28 Aug. 2014
Bought these last year to use in my holiday let. They have held up extremely well and the sizes are about right for cooking for 2-4 people. I wish they weren't shiny, as the shine is hard to keep up, but otherwise they are excellent pans.

BenQ GL2450HM LED TN 24 inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2 ms GTG, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, Speakers) - Glossy Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not spectacular with a MacBook Pro, 27 Aug. 2014
Have had some trouble getting it to work well with my MacBook Pro 2011, particularly with the DVI cable. It's better with VGA, and quite a bit better with HDMI, but still not nearly as good as the Mac's laptop screen. The characters are fuzzy and there are colours around some of the letters. I now have it connected with an HDMI cable and the sound quality is fine, better than the MacBook's but certainly nothing special.

La Rochere Bee 13cm Beer Glass with 40cl Capacity
La Rochere Bee 13cm Beer Glass with 40cl Capacity
Offered by Louis Potts Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice glasses, as expected, 27 Aug. 2014
I've always liked these glasses, and these are fine, although as others have said, the mould marks are pretty obvious and these are not posh drinking glasses. They arrived with one broken, as they had packed them very badly, but the seller replaced the broken one promptly.

Fisher - Steel Framing Square 16" x 24"
Fisher - Steel Framing Square 16" x 24"
Offered by 1 Tool Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product, 27 Aug. 2014
Nice and sturdy, seems like it will last.

Memory Foam Off-Cut for Dog Beds, Cusions, Mattresses etc. - 24 X 36 X 3", (60 x 90 x 7.5cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dog bed!, 27 Aug. 2013
I made covers out of old sheets from the charity shop, and my dog loves her new bed. And the total cost was far less than the same thing from a ready-made place. Great idea for the mattress company!

William Armes Stayfast Runner, Green, 180 x 60 cm
William Armes Stayfast Runner, Green, 180 x 60 cm
Offered by Cochranes Of Ayr

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to protect the pine floors, 27 Aug. 2013
I bought this to put under my rolling desk chair. It came promptly and works as advertised. Easy to hoover with the Henry.

SuperLEDTM GU10 LED BULB 5.5W WITH 27 x 5050 SMD LEDs IN WARM WHITE PERFECT FOR REPLACING 50W HALOGEN
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, 27 Aug. 2013
These are great, nice and bright in my new ceiling light fixture. If they last a long time they will have been worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4