Profile for Mr. A. McGowan > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. McGowan

Mr. A. McGowan "bga81" (Leicester, UK)

The Fly [Blu-ray]
The Fly [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jeff Goldblum

5.0 out of 5 stars An all-time classic horror/love story, 22 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Fly [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was once again really impressed with this film, which scores very highly both as a horror movie and a romance story - not often you can say that! jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis have never been better in anything else I've seen them in, and on Blu-ray the film comes to life very vividly. The extras are great too, particularly the exhaustive documentary that lasts over 2 hours. Not a film that my mum would enjoy, but a must for any horror fan and a steal at this price.

TomTom ONE v4 Satellite Navigation System Great Britain Traffic Edition
TomTom ONE v4 Satellite Navigation System Great Britain Traffic Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product overall, has improved my driving experience a lot!, 4 Feb. 2009
This is a great little piece of kit, with all the great functionality that convinced me to buy a Tom Tom device. The maps and voice instructions are both clear, with plenyt of chances to customise the device to your own preferences. Or you can leave it as it is if that's your thing. The software that comes with it is fairly easy to use (though the search function you use when looking for new voices or points of interest could be better), and it has only occasionally given me wrong directions. Let's face it, no device like this is ever gonna get it right all the time!

My only major complaint is that about a month or so after buying it the input socket malfunctioned a bit. i could still charge the battery through it but I could not connect the traffic receiver or connect the TomTom to my PC. I was on the verge of returning it but tried a "soft reset" charged the battery for a couple of hours and then switched it on) and this has fixed the problem. I hope this is not a widespread problem - you have been warned!

Overall though, I would recommend buying a TomTom over one of the cheaper brands to anyone - for the most part they have really thought about making it a really easy and fun device to use.