Profile for southampton reader > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Where the Memories Lie
Where the Memories Lie

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 20 Feb. 2016
A really great read, with twists and turns to make the reader constantly change his/her mind as to what has actually happened. Thoroughly recommended

The Lavender Keeper
The Lavender Keeper

4.0 out of 5 stars I love lavender, 11 Sept. 2015
A lovely story set in WW2 France with all its dangers and horror. I can't wait to read the sequel. It was good that it showed the good side of one German in particular and how easy it must have been at times to brand all Germans as "bad". The beauty and aroma of lavender follows the story from beginning to end.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Read", 26 Aug. 2015
One of the best books I have read for a very long time. Set mainly in WW2 it shows the time through the eyes of a German teenager and a young French girl. I will not tell more, just read it! For me, everything else was neglected for days as I found it difficult to put the story out of my mind and the book down!

The Colour of Milk
The Colour of Milk

4.0 out of 5 stars I really recommend it to anyone who enjoys a story that illustrates ..., 19 Jun. 2015
A lovely simple story, I really recommend it to anyone who enjoys a story that illustrates life in the 1800s

The One I Was
The One I Was

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read which I found difficult to put ..., 26 May 2015
This review is from: The One I Was (Kindle Edition)
A very enjoyable read which I found difficult to put down. It involves two different times, just pre world war 2, and the 21st century. The main character in the book is really a house, which links the human characters. So a novel idea and well written.

More Than This (More Than Series Book 1)
More Than This (More Than Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enjoyed, 10 May 2015
I really cannot understand why this book has got such good reviews from other readers! I thought it was the worst book I have read in years, totally obsessed with teenage sex! How the central character could have acted in the way she does, barely thinking apparently of the triple murder which has just taken place in her family, beggars belief. I do not recommend this to any reader, although many people seem to have enjoyed it - presumably they are also obsessed with teenage sex!

Modern extra long polyester fabric shower curtain 180CM x 200CM drop (71" x 78") [Brown Circles]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 27 April 2015
Good quality at a good price

Plus Size Womens Crochet Knitted Short Sleeve Ladies Shrug Cardigan Top - Teal - 24-26
Offered by BuyALL

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 17 Dec. 2014
Very pretty but somewhat spoiled by being on the small side

Wham Plastics High Grade Plastic Food Storage 15 Litre Tupperware Box
Wham Plastics High Grade Plastic Food Storage 15 Litre Tupperware Box
Offered by Mixles

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct. 2014
Excellent quality, just what I needed

Napoli 2 Seater Companion Seat - Love Seat
Napoli 2 Seater Companion Seat - Love Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 17 Sept. 2014
A lovely. strong and attractive looking seat. AND at a very competitive price, a good buy!

Page: 1 | 2