Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Southsea, UK)

Basic4Android: Rapid App Development for Android
Basic4Android: Rapid App Development for Android
by Mr Wyken Seagrave

1.0 out of 5 stars Print out of the website, 30 Nov. 2014
I was hoping for a book of insights, code extracts, hints and tips but instead I got a usually verbatim print out of the website - little explanation added. Nothing to take development forward. As a largely user-supported development tool, its documentation is hapahazard, difficult to follow and has little overview; bu this book does not help that in the slightest

Admittedly, it's handy to have open infront of you, but I could have printed it all out and put it in a binder myself and saved the money. :-(

A Fistful of Sketches
A Fistful of Sketches
by Dave Hopwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful (and quite funny) resource for Church Youth Drama, 13 Nov. 2001
This review is from: A Fistful of Sketches (Paperback)
I have used 'a fistful of sketches' for a number of years now, and so I have almost worked my way through the entire book. It contains easy-to-learn dramatic pieces which can be performed by young people. There are not just sketches, but raps and mimes also, so even the most timid of speakers can get a look in. My favourite is 'Silent Night'

Lost in Music
Lost in Music
by Giles Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphones in the darkened bedroom - I was there..., 18 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Lost in Music (Paperback)
What I want to know is what Giles Smith was doing living large parts of my life for me. Okay, I wasn't in a bizarrly-named pop group (Cleaners from Venus?) but those were the bands I listened to, slavishly dissected, obessively absorbed, and spent all my money on. 'Lost in Music' is exactly how I grew up, and my love for it is not just because of the recognition on every page, but because he writes in a way which shows that he, too, loved every minute of that Pop Odyssey.
'Lost in Music' is much fuller and encompassing than his newspaper articles on Sport in 'Midnight in the Garden of Evil Kineval' but the humour, the sharp observation, the intimate arcane knowledge of the subject matter shine through.
You must excuse me now, I have to go to a darkened bedroom and listen to "Dark Side of the Moon" with my headphones on....