Profile for S. D. Munday > Reviews

Live At The Monterey Jazz Festival, 1972
Live At The Monterey Jazz Festival, 1972
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Must listen top blues album, 24 July 2017
My absolute favourite live blues album. Love Robben Ford and Jimmy Witherspoon comes across well and like quite an amusing showman. I just read the other reviewer talking about the curtain closing and suddenly the stage banter makes sense. Going down slow contains one of the greatest blues solos I have ever heard

The Human Race
The Human Race
by O. C. Heaton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Human Race, 2 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Human Race (Paperback)
The Human Race is a fantastic thriller. At first I could not get away from drawing comparisons to Dan Brown and 'that' style of writing - a plot heavily laden with interesting scientific facts and intriguing geography and fast moving through different landscapes and subplots. As I delved further into the book I was actually annoyed at myself for my initial pigeon-holing of Heaton's writing with the likes of The Da Vinci Code. Obviously, Dan Brown is successful for a reason, but The Human Race, in my opinion, is more intellectually challenging and also carries a clear moral message regarding climate change and our obligation to this frail planet.

The characters in The Human Race are completely believable, and not being a scientist I was soon convinced that teleporting could be a viable means of international travel. Apparently it probably isn't possible though. Never mind.

In reading The Human Race, Heaton has convinced me of two things. The first is that I really should try and get to Iceland for a holiday sometime soon as he describes it so wonderfully. The second is that he has drawn me into his world now and I need to know what happens next in this thrillogy.