Profile for Mrs. G. Wheatley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. Wheatley

Mrs. G. Wheatley (England)

Fundamentals of Psychology
Fundamentals of Psychology
by Michael W. Eysenck

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Mar. 2015
Fantastic heavy text book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 5 Nov. 2010
Has an avid book reader, when I first saw the Amazon Kindle, I just knew I had to have it. Hubby was complaining about the amount of books I already had and space is always an issue. I am not one of these people who can give a book away. I like to keep them and re-read them again. Because the Amazon Kindle holds 3000 books, I knew this was the perfect answer.

My Kindle arrived very quickly, it came with a power adapter that transforms into a USB cable so documents can easily be transferred from a computer. Buying books are very easy, just one click and it's on your kindle in seconds. Also there are 1000's of free books to download so you are never short of something to read. I adore my kindle, wish I'd got it sooner. I am actually buying Kindle versions of the books I already own, so I can now part with some paper versions and make space on my shelves.

The negatives... it can get a little awkward to hold, you have to position your fingers just right (above the keyboard) to hold it, other wise you accidently press a key and lose your page. No worries though, you just click back on the book you were reading and it takes you right back to that page. Also some of the Kindle books can be a little more expensive....a few months ago I brought the hardbacked version of The Passage by Justin Cronin for a tenner. I went to buy the Kindle version and it is more expensive, so going to wait before I buy that again.

I didn't buy the Amazon Kindle cover, went to my local book store and they were selling other e-book covers off for a fiver and it fits perfectly. I may one day get the lovely Kindle cover but I would prefer to spend that amount of money on more Kindle books.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, 28 Nov. 2008
Quite simply the best book I have ever read. An Amazing love story that sits with you long after you have finished....actually the story doesn't end there as soon as you have read this book, you will be aching for the next one.

I was quite disapointed to find this book in the children's section of the book shop, as a mum of a teenager, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I think the author should have it sat in the adult section too.

You fall in love with the Characters and Edward Cullen and his family are simply adorable. Edward is the most romantic man ever, he's got it all, looks, wealth, brains, brawn, cars....how could you not want him!

Absolutly the best book I have ever read. A real page turner.

In the Arms of the Wind
In the Arms of the Wind
by James Christie

4.0 out of 5 stars In The Arms Of The Wind, 31 July 2007
I tried for a couple of years to get hold of this book and I can say it was honestly worth the wait.

Anthony Zander is a dying man, who enlists the help of James Christie to write a book on an experiment he has set up with his children. He wants to prove there is an afterlife. Zander dies at the exact moment he predicts and the experiment begins, he calls in 3 of the world's top known mediums to help him prove their is an afterlife.

It is quite heart wrenching at times and at others, you wish the author would get on with the story that he has being paid to write, sometimes he goes off topic, telling you all about the Spanish town in which they are staying at, or whether or not Christie finds some of the women sexually attractive. (Do we really need to know that, it just doesn't fit in with the story?) I found the first half of the book hard going at these times, but knew there was a good story to follow. I'm glad I stuck with it, I couldn't put the book down once The mediums arrived to do their work.

The biggest downside was that I don't think anyone ever proof read the book, the dozens of spelling mistakes was quite annoying, especially as the number 1 was used instead of a ! and vice versa a number of times.

But overall it is a very interesting read and I do highly reccomend it (regardless of the negative comments.) I did find myself wondering who the Mediums really were, Christie changed the name of one of them, but I guess you can hazard a very good guess at who it is.

Complete Idiot's Guide To Communicating With Spirits
Complete Idiot's Guide To Communicating With Spirits
by Rita S. Berkowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete Idiot's Guide to Communication with Spirits., 17 Sept. 2005
A Wonderful book helping you to communicate with Spirits, hundreads of helpful tips and ideas. Don't let the cheesy cover and "idiots" title put you off.

Reiki Mahamantra
Reiki Mahamantra

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Reiki Music ever, 18 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Reiki Mahamantra (Audio CD)
I first heard this CD when I was studying Indian Head Massage. It took some getting hold of, but oh my was it ever worth it. This has got to be the most relaxing CD you will ever buy. Every 3 minutes or so a tiny little bell ringing will let you know to change hand positions.
It as got everything in it from relaxing oceanwaves and seagulls to soft gentle mantras.
You will not be disapointed with this CD. I own about 15 - 20 relaxation CD's and this is my favourite of them all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2014 10:22 PM GMT

Magical Mermaids And Dolphin Oracle Cards
Magical Mermaids And Dolphin Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Cards, 6 May 2003
These cards are absolutly beautiful, but that is expected when it comes to Doreen Virtue's Oracle cards. They give very good clear messages and you hardly need to refer to the little book that comes with the cards. I have done a couple of readings with the cards, the one for myself was excellent, it gave a very clear precise answer and the reading I did for a friend was perfect. It helped her a great deal. I reccomend these cards to anyone, they are excellent value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2016 10:30 PM BST