Profile for booksaren'tstanleyknives > Reviews

booksaren'tstanleyknives

Cousin Phillis
Cousin Phillis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cousin Phillis (Kindle Edition)
Great story, well told, from a master of her art. Short enough for an evening's reading. Perfect for a winter's night.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but WARNING: do not buy from Supply Me Beauty, 29 Jan. 2013
I use this a lot, it smells nice and does increase the volume of your hair.

However the last time I bought it I made the huge mistake of buying from marketplace trader: Supply Me Beauty.
I want to advise others: do not buy from them. My delivery date came and went and when I contacted them about it, I was told to go to my local PO delivery office, on the off chance that it might be there. I was NOT offered a refund by Supply Me Beauty, but they did offer to ship a replacement if my trip to the PO was unsuccessful.

Now buying conditioner is not like buying a CD or a book. I can live without a book or CD - I can wait weeks or months. But I can't NOT wash my hair for weeks whilst waiting for a replacement. So I ordered this same product from another marketplace seller (SuperfoodUK - cheaper and it arrived in two days!). And when I was able to confirm there was no parcel awaiting me from at the PO, I asked for a refund on my original order from Supply Me Beauty, which I got, thanks to Amazon's Guarantee Programme.

A week later Supply Me Beauty's original order turned up. (I'd like to be able to tell you when it was posted, but there was no postage mark, just a franking label.) But as I had a refund I did the right thing, and went through the returns procedure, and printed off a form to return the parcel, unopened, back to Supply Me Beauty. Although I was aware that I would have to pay to send it back, I was under the impression, going by what it said on the screen, that I would be reimbursed for this. Turns out not. Supply Me Beauty thank me for sending it back to them, but say it is my responsibilty to incur these costs, not theirs.

So the moral of the story is: don't go through Amazon's returns procedure, just put it back into the postal system without paying for it, and let Supply Me Beauty pay for it if they want to collect it from their local delivery office. Or better still, avoid them altogether. I certainly will from now on.

Pale Fire (Penguin Modern Classics)
Pale Fire (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Vladimir Nabokov

1.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but beware..., 23 Sept. 2010
Great book, yes. Got it from the library (Everyman Classic, hardbook) and loved it. Wanted a copy of my own to read again and again, but sadly this Penguin Modern Classic paperback if full of blurred, misprinted pages, so I advise anyone who wants a copy to try another version of this classic!