Profile for gingerneil > Reviews

Content by gingerneil

gingerneil

Philips SHQ4200/10 ActionFit Washable Ultra Light Sports Headphones, Neckband - Red/Black
Offered by Honest Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, 19 Dec. 2013
I have been on the hunt for some decent running headphones for years (run ~35 miles per week). These arrived, and I finally thought I had found them. Sound quality really good, fit very good, and comfortable on long runs.
HOWEVER.... after a week or two, the shape of the bar started to change and contort. I dont know why, by it developed a twist which meant that when the headphones were sat on a flat surface, one of the buds was about 1cm up in the air. This resulted in very slight upward pressure when worn. For every day use would have probably been OK. However, when running, and getting sweaty, it resulted in the right hand bud continually popping out of my ear. This obviously destroys audio quality, and drove me mad! I tried on a couple of occassions to stop, twist the bar a little in the other direction and refit. That would work for about 100m, and then the same thing would happen..... again... and again.
Its a shame, as when I first used them they were great. I've returned them for a refund and continue my quest. Yurbuds are in the post - maybe they will be the answer!

Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Shorts - Red, Medium
Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Shorts - Red, Medium
Offered by SUB SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 16 Oct. 2013
I have now bought three pairs of these. They are a really good fit, with enough compression to keep everything in place and prevent any thigh chaffing on longer runs. Impressed with the quality, and will be buying a few more Sub Sports base layer items for winter training.

August MR220B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Car Radio / Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Oct. 2013
Perfect small size to fit into the small gap next to my aux socket in my Insignia. Sound quality is excellent.

PhysioWorld Foam Roller - 45x15cm / 90x15cm - Blue / Pink (Blue, 45x15cm)
PhysioWorld Foam Roller - 45x15cm / 90x15cm - Blue / Pink (Blue, 45x15cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Physioworld Foam Roller (Sports)
What can I say about this - its a good sized very firm roller that has really helped my injury recovery. I have used others in the past that have a softer coating, but these are a hard foam. I much prefer this, and can really feel it working the soft tissues.

VAUXHALL Paints4u Scratch Master Car Paint Kit OLYMPIC WHITE L40R
VAUXHALL Paints4u Scratch Master Car Paint Kit OLYMPIC WHITE L40R
Offered by Paints4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kit - excellent service, 16 Oct. 2013
Firstly - great service. My first package didnt arrive, but another was promptly dispatched without question.
Paint touch up can be a fiddly job - but the outcome is very very dependent on the time and care you take. This kit contains everything you need, and I have been able to get some very good results. Loads of product means this will last to fix future stone chips, although it would be good to be able to purchase additional painting tips. Very happy.

Panasonic RP-HS46E-K Slim Clip on Earphone - Black
Panasonic RP-HS46E-K Slim Clip on Earphone - Black
Offered by SmartSalesUK

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought for running.... FAIL, 16 Oct. 2013
I have used a fair array of headphone for running, including 'in ear' with and without Comply Foam tips, over-the-head, back-of-the-head etc etc. Each have had their pros and cons, so when it was time to replace my current pair I thought I would give these clip on type of go. They arrived quickly as expected (I am a Prime customer), but it was immediately obvious on opening the packaging that these are too light, flimsy and unsuitable for my needs. The clips fail to hold the pads on my ears close enough to give a decent sound. Consequently, the sound is distant and tinny. Although I didnt get as far as running with them, it was pretty obvious that due to the poor fit on my ears that they would have wiggled about and fallen off.
In conclusion - a very poor product (even considering the cost). Returned for a refund, and I've ordered another pair of Sony MDR-G45 Street Series Headphones that have worked great for me in the past.

Heavy Duty 2A Dual Port USB Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3, S2, S II, ACE / HTC One X One S One V Desire HD Wildfire Sensation / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Xperia X12 Arc / LG Optimus 4X HD Optimus 3D 2x / BlackBerry 8520 Curve 9300 Bold 9700 Curve 9360 9380 9900 (Free Micro USB Cable Included) Comes with full 10 year warranty from eTrading24

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!, 4 Feb. 2013
I have been hunting for a car charger that will charge my Galaxy S3 on the go whilst delivering enough current run GPS navigation at the same time. This one finally manages it! I have bought cheap ones from ebay that state they can deliver enough, but either they cant or they emit so much noise that they interfer with the radio! The lead that came with this does not charge the S3, but this didnt bother me. Excellent product - just what I needed. The Galaxy reports it delivering >1A. I will be buying a second for our daughter's Nexus 7 so she can charge and watch films in the car on long journeys.