Profile for M. Quick > Reviews

Content by M. Quick

M. Quick

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3510/01 with Sunrise Simulation - 3 Sounds and Radio Function

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product (it works) but product description and other reviews here are misleading, 26 Oct. 2012
Product does (mostly) what it says on the tin, which I look forward to in the coming winter months. Is is far nicer to wake up in a gentler way and to have bright morning sunlight is definitely a mood-booster.

A few niggles:
- There is no USB functionality....you cannot add your own music/sounds to wake up to. Some reviews here say that there is one and they are very misleading. In fact, the most recent review at the time I was purchasing the lamp said there was a USB and I purchased on that basis. I have reported these misleading reviews to amazon.
- The birdsong is a bit tinny and on a very short loop (3-4 seconds) so you hear the same bird tweeting over and over again. Which is why it would be so good to add your own music/sound via USB. Oh, but hang on, you can't!
- The radio is not digital. You are at the mercy of the antenna wire and the strength of signal wherever you choose to position the lamp. Unfortunately I can't tune into my favourite radio programme, which would prefer to the tinny 3-second loop of birdsong.
- Philips' own product description says there is a coloured sunrise and sunset. This is incorrect. The light is white and just varies in intensity, not colour. Personally I am not too bothered by this but others might be.
- The buttons are a bit fiddly but with a bit of time you can get used to them and can locate them relatively easily.

Hope this is helpful.

I don't usually leave reviews but feel I need to here so that I can push the other reviews that misleadingly mention USB functionality further down the pag e(sort by newest first).
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2016 1:30 PM BST