Profile for Linds > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Light Between Oceans
The Light Between Oceans

1.0 out of 5 stars I love indie films, 13 Sept. 2017
This review is from: The Light Between Oceans (DVD)
I'm an hour in and nothing has really happened. Can't believe the rave reviews. I love indie films, so am used to slow. This is just crazy though!

Rams - Subtitled
Rams - Subtitled

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 23 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Rams - Subtitled (DVD)
I love low budget films, but this was just plain boring. The lighting was very dark and overall it's just very depressing. Not funny at all really.

Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device for Body, Face, Bikini & Underarms - BRI956/00

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the cheaper, old version., 27 July 2017
This is a waste of money, buy the old version! My old version started over heating, so I got this one. It's rubbish. The battery life, without being plugged in, is awful, I'm fairly slim and I can't even do one half leg, without the battery dying. It says this is faster than the old models - this isn't the case when used uncorded - it flashes as often as the old version and the window is no bigger. Even when plugged in, mine seems to flash slower. The big issue with the automatic sensor which tells you which setting to have it on, is that the sensor is above the treatment window, it's therefore very hard to tell where the treatment window has been on your skin. The head of the device is much bigger than the treatment window, therefore you are like likely to miss bits. This model feels much heavier and more cumbersome than the old one. I'd buy a cheaper, older model. I was unimpressed. That said, Lumea is amazing, but it does take ages to do legs! Just don't water your money on this version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2017 12:27 PM BST

Lurch Spiralo Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream
Lurch Spiralo Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Mar. 2017
Excellent.

I'll Drink to That: New York's Legendary Personal Shopper and Her Life in Style - With a Twist
by Betty Halbreich

3.0 out of 5 stars Read better, 22 Mar. 2017
I love fashion books. It was readable but not great. I'd just finished Diane Von Fustenburg's book and it was much better.

Override: my quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind: 1
Override: my quest to go beyond brain training and take control of my mind: 1
by Caroline Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read about latest neuroscience, 22 Mar. 2017
I'm really interested in neuroscience. This was a very readable book on various areas of the subject, with enough technical detail, not to be too watered down. I actually bought it, as I thought it would enable me to change my brain. This is not actually possible, as the author undergoes training with top scientists, so you can't recreate it at home. It is an interesting read though despite this. Most interesting bit was that women's spatial awareness and therefore their ability to park, fluctuats according to their oestrogen levels throughout the month!

For Those in Peril
For Those in Peril
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe the great reviews. I'm a lover of independent films, 25 Aug. 2016
This review is from: For Those in Peril (DVD)
I can't believe the great reviews. I'm a lover of independent films. I watch about 4 a week. This was awful. Just weird. Trying to be edgy but just looked like amateur rubbish. Wasfe of time.

A Lonely Place To Die
A Lonely Place To Die

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Aug. 2016
This review is from: A Lonely Place To Die (DVD)
Not great. I wouldn't bother watching, unless you are bored. Plot isn't very impressive.

Screaming Man. A
Screaming Man. A

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow and boring, 11 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Screaming Man. A (DVD)
I watch a lot of independent films. I was hoping for a lot from this. However, it is rather slow and boring. I enjoy a lot of films that mainstream viewers find slow and boring, so I feel this must definitely be so.

Kon-Tiki
Kon-Tiki

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 12 July 2016
This review is from: Kon-Tiki (Blu-ray)
Great film. Great story.