Profile for SteveOnCanvas > Reviews

Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success
Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success
by Ken Segall

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 29 July 2015
Deep. Really deep. Read this book and sack the bozos.

Fluent in 3 Months
Fluent in 3 Months

1.0 out of 5 stars Unrealistic For Me, 20 Jan. 2015
This book seems like an advert for internet sites and by chapter two he admits that you probably won't be fluent in 3 months unless you have already learned another language, and that to have any chance at all at getting anywhere you need to put in TWO HOURS a day.

The point I stopped reading was at the line "I made sure I processed sixty flash cards a day"... no idea what he meant by "processed", presumably he means "learn", if so there is no way I am going to learn 60 new words a day, every day, Come on!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2015 7:17 PM GMT

One Call Closing: The Ultimate Guide To Closing Any Sale In Just One Sales Call
One Call Closing: The Ultimate Guide To Closing Any Sale In Just One Sales Call

5.0 out of 5 stars Six Out Of Five Stars!, 7 Jan. 2015
This book is a gem. It gives in spades: common sense, plain speaking and genuine wisdom. A future classic, buy it today.

The Unfair Advantage Small Business Advertising Manual
The Unfair Advantage Small Business Advertising Manual

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Work Of Genius, 6 Jan. 2015
Sound advice from a plain speaking owner of a small business. Who could ask for more? This book has changed the way I see advertising spend.

Ziggy Art 'Petite Matisse' Half size French Box Easel with carry strap
Ziggy Art 'Petite Matisse' Half size French Box Easel with carry strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely and Utterly Fantastic, 3 April 2014
This is a lovely piece of kit. I cannot believe that I only paid 35 quid for it. Rubber stoppers on the end of the feet, separate shoulder strap supplied as well as the carry handle. Solid wood construction, all the nuts and brackets are metal and feel sturdy, it even comes with a fold out palette! I am utterly bowled over by it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 9 Nov. 2013
So thin it is wobbly, I've seen better plywood on a packing crate. I took this product from it's packaging, laughed at it and chucked it straight in the bin. All in all a 2 quid lesson learned.

Sealey TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Sealey TST/PG99 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 4 July 2013
This is the best tyre pressure gauge I have ever used and well worth the 10 quid spent. I usually struggle with pressure gauges to get them to seat properly and so let loads of air escape while taking readings but find this one really easy to use. I don't know if it is the size, weight or some other factor I just know that I am getting an instant seal on the valve and getting an accurate reading with this where I would be struggling with others I have used.

The gauge seems really well made and comes in a plastic case. It's a great piece of kit.

Thai Foot Massage Stick (x 3)
Thai Foot Massage Stick (x 3)
Offered by Siam Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 13 Jun. 2013
These were just what I was looking for as I am learning Thai Foot massage at the moment. Arrived really quickly and they are absolutely brilliant.

Royal & Langnickel large area brush goat hair wash set - pack of 3 brushes
Royal & Langnickel large area brush goat hair wash set - pack of 3 brushes
Offered by Claris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brush for the price, 12 May 2013
It has been a couple of months since I purchased these brushes and I have subjected them to daily use. The small one is looking a little dog eared but the two larger ones are still going strong. For watercolour work I have found that they keep their bristles remarkably well for such a cheep brush. I've even used the large one for applying exhibition varnish with no ill effects, with brushes this cheap you don't need to be worried about spoiling them. You really can pay more and get less, double thumbs up.

Scimitar Black Leather Executive Zip Boots Size UK 7 / EU 41
Scimitar Black Leather Executive Zip Boots Size UK 7 / EU 41
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

5.0 out of 5 stars The do it all town boot, 26 Mar. 2013
This is my 2nd pair, the first I got from a shop in Bolton donkeys years ago and used them almost every day since for both every day wear and going out in the evening, they really are a do it all, comfortable and well made town boot. I absolutely love them.

Page: 1 | 2