Profile for N. Offer > Reviews

Content by N. Offer

N. Offer (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
TeckNet 3.5mm Stereo Surround Sound Gaming Headset Over-Ear Headphone Headband With Noise Canelling Mic and LED Lighting

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply awful, 22 Sept. 2015
Should of expected it for the price but the sound quality is shocking, let alone the fact it is very uncomfortable.

Cigware VV Ego Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit
Cigware VV Ego Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit
Offered by Cigee

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb price and product., 22 Sept. 2015
I have only had 2 e-cigs before the first did not work at all, the second was ok but overly large and I was not able to put it in my jeans. This product works great, has 3 strength levels, the battery lasted over a week without recharge (and I was puffing alot having stopped smoking). I brou8ght some 18mg nicotine cappuccino tobacco, lovely first thing in the morning. Two weeks later I received my lower strength liquid and have still not smoked.

For the price this is simply an amazing product, I may buy another so if I forget to recharge I can still puff away, although I am cautious of those I see at pubs puffing non stop. Only very minor complaint is that it would be great if these products came with more plastic caps to keep the mouth piece clean.

The Vagrant
The Vagrant
by Peter Newman

4.0 out of 5 stars A better second half., 1 July 2015
This review is from: The Vagrant (Hardcover)
I struggled with The vagrant to the extent that I read 40 odd percent and then put the book aside for a while. The writing style and world building is confusing at times, I can understand anyone who gets put off as it is often difficult to decipher what the author is trying to say. Upon returning to the book I found the second half to be far more exciting and easier to get a handle on the world itself.

The world created is a dark place and the book is one of survival and hope. The background story only becomes apparent later on in the book, but when it does I felt far more comfortable and interested in the story. By the end I literally could not put the book aside and the main characters continued to grow on me.

Harley Cutlery Tea Spoons - Pack of 12 | Teaspoons, Stainless Steel Tea Spoons, Genware Spoons
Offered by Revelation At Home

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 23 Feb. 2015
For the price a bargain. Solid spoons, which do not feel or look cheap.

Trysmoon Book 3: Hunted (The Trysmoon Saga)
Trysmoon Book 3: Hunted (The Trysmoon Saga)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 23 Feb. 2015
I am not sure who is reviewing these books, but where it's getting the 5 star reviews from I have no idea. To put simply the book is childish, contradicts itself time and again, the characters have no depth to them, the love triangle (should say quadruple but doubt if there is such a thing) is ridiculous, the story is fractured, world building non existent and the magic is frankly a joke.

I persevered to the 3rd book as the first was ok and I hoped the writing and story would improve. How wrong I was.

The Aquarium
The Aquarium
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic show, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Rogue: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I feel to many shows are centered on action and a fast paced story line, where the underlying backbone of the series is a side show rather than the main part of the story.

The show is slow moving and deep, you always feel like you are missing something and the way the story unfolds is not only interesting but exciting, gritty and brutal all in one. I hope the show continues after season 2, but like all shows of this type which are a slow boil, the US market does not seem to enamored.

Golden Son: Red Rising Trilogy 2 (The Red Rising Trilogy)
Golden Son: Red Rising Trilogy 2 (The Red Rising Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 17 Feb. 2015
Wonderful book, full of action, interesting concepts, great characters who's and a fascinating world.

The excitement is non stop and the story progresses quickly, I love the main character and the way he is conflicted. This has to be one of the best sci-fi books I have read and I cannot wait to see what happens.

Half the World (Shattered Sea, Book 2)
Half the World (Shattered Sea, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Feb. 2015
I was not overly fond of the first book in the series, but the second installment is quite simply brilliant. I could not put the book down and rushed through with a sleepless night.

The main character has to be the best female in fantasy I have come across. The interaction between characters is superb, witty and tells a wonderful story. I cannot wait to read the end game of this series.

Trysmoon Book 2: Duty (The Trysmoon Saga)
Trysmoon Book 2: Duty (The Trysmoon Saga)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Feb. 2015
The first book was promising, if a bit fractured in places. Unfortunately rather than improving I feel the second installment is inferior.

Overall the world building is poor, characterization is black and white and the dialogue is a mess. For the first 40% of the book absolutely nothing happens, the book is filled with descriptions and conversations telling us how good the main character is and how all the main female parts are falling in love with him.

The book does progress from here but becomes ever more childish in nature, which is unfortunate. If only the author had taken more care and time rather than rushing out the books.

The Last King's Amulet (The Price Of Freedom Book 1)
The Last King's Amulet (The Price Of Freedom Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed it, 9 Sept. 2014
Thought the book was great, with the main character being amusing, interesting and fun to read about.

I love characters with a ridiculous amount of flaws who does not escape from these flaws too easily. The world is quite interesting, but this book is all about the main protagonist and not a lot else. If you don;t like him, you are not going to enjoy this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12