Profile for Frank Bison > Reviews

Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette for Men, 100ml
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette for Men, 100ml
Offered by Fragrance New York

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 24 April 2016
The real deal. Citrus, woody, fresh sea breeze. One of my favourite scents for summer.

National Bee Hive Cedar Super box x 1 (178)
National Bee Hive Cedar Super box x 1 (178)
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cedar super but with some manufacture issues., 18 April 2016
Good quality cedar super....I found that the two end walls that slot into grooves on the side walls were about 5mm too short meaning that there are gaps at either end (inside the hive) not the end of the world but there shouldn't be gaps. Also Easipet use the dreaded Yodel for their deliveries....so wheras my regular postie will sign for and leave a parcel for me in the porch, the yodel guy won't and it's a little bit more hassle.

Super Frames National SN4 (185) x 10
Super Frames National SN4 (185) x 10
Offered by Far East Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality!, 18 April 2016
Very nicely manufactured frames....the quality of the wood is very good and the cutting is accurate with very little work to be done tidying them up after removing the batons. They came cleverly packed in a flat cardboard box. Will buy more of these when the time comes.

10 x National Bee Hive SN4 Hoffman frames - WITH PINS
10 x National Bee Hive SN4 Hoffman frames - WITH PINS
Offered by Simonthebeekeeper

2.0 out of 5 stars I've bought better frames!, 18 April 2016
These frames arrived well packaged in bubble wrap etc, however I found the quality of the wood to be sub standard, there were quite a few knots which were difficult to deal with and the quality of the cutting of the removable baton on the top bar meant that there was still a lot of work to be done tidying the top bar up....not easy when it's full of knots. There are better frames available on Amazon, knot free, better made and the same price. However, these frames came with free gimp pins which was helpful.
I've reduced the star rating again from three to two stars as when it came to putting in the foundation, the foundation groove was narrow and poorly formed. I compare these frames to frames that I bought from Abelo which are made from knot free pine and beautifully machined to make the job of knocking up more frames a total delight. Simon the bee keeper describes these frames as first rate/not seconds....I regret to disagree! They're poorly made. I also don't like to mention another seller in a review but I'm sorry...in this instance I must suggest that there are better frames available elsewhere.

Oral-B Essential Dental Floss Regular 50 m 96171 (Pack of 6)
Oral-B Essential Dental Floss Regular 50 m 96171 (Pack of 6)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat Oral B dental floss., 11 April 2016
It's not until you run out of your favourite dental floss and have to buy a different brand that you remember how good the Oral B floss is....it doesn't shred, it slides between close fitting teeth easily and it cleanes effectively. The photo is wrong, that's the old packaging, the ones I received were the newer round design.

Whitefurze Plastic Medium Cat Litter Tray (From 4 Colours)
Whitefurze Plastic Medium Cat Litter Tray (From 4 Colours)
Offered by HomewareNeeds

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect tray for my Japanese water stones : )), 7 April 2016
So I bought one of these trays for soaking some Japanese Water Stones in water for when I sharpen my kitchen knives. It is just the job....and a great price. Very happy. 39cm x 27cm x 8cm is perfect for my needs.

Heritage Beanie Heather Burgundy
Heritage Beanie Heather Burgundy
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely beanie!, 1 April 2016
Really nice quality beanie...love the colour (Heather Burgundy) and the fit is good i.e snug....can't stand a loose fitting beanie! It can be turned up as much as you want and still looks good unlike a lot of beanies. Double knit so nice and warm....I'd say it was perfect for light/moderate cold, coastal walks etc.....it isn't lined and so I think strong cold wind would get through. Perfect for what I want though....coastal walking on chilly days and in the garden.

Mens Work Trousers Tuff Pocket Trade Extreme Pro Pants Triple Stitched Workwear Adults (34R, GREY / BLACK)
Offered by Waterproofs UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice work trousers., 1 April 2016
So, well made pair of work trousers, the material and stitching looks good. The waist size is bang on it's a tight fit and hopefully won't shrink...the sort of trousers where you don't need a belt! I find them a little roomy in the leg. The two multi pocket flaps that hang down from the waistband at the front are useful...but they stop you being able to gain access to the normal pockets behind them. I thought I'd still be able to use the pockets behind but I can't. I can however tuck the front flaps into the pockets behind which is a bonus. All in all a good pair of work trousers. Pleased with them.

Mens Work Socks (12 Pair Pack) FM® Mens heavy duty, cotton rich work socks with reinforced heel and toe
Offered by FM London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work socks for under a pound..., 1 April 2016
Work socks for under a pound a pair....fantastic. They seem well made and fit well. Recommended.

Satie: Piano Music (DECCA The Originals)
Satie: Piano Music (DECCA The Originals)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely playing from Pascal Rogie....but I hear deep rumbling..., 28 Mar. 2016
I bought this Decca/Pascal Rogé CD many years ago and there was a tiny glitch on one part of the CD....really annoying (I should have returned the disk) and after many years of playing the general quality of the CD deteriorated to the point where it was unplayable. So I was a little nervous of re-ordering this Decca recording many years later. That said, Pascal Rogé is highly regarded in his interpretation of Satie and for me this recording is the definitive interpretation. There are however, and there were on the recording I bought many years ago, some strange deep rumblings on the recording. The sound is often not clean because of this, again it's annoying but not to the point where I'd send the CD back. It's possible the rumbling might be deep harmonics from the piano! So, I love the playing....but I have reservations about the quality of the original recording.....and hopefully this edition has also been made to last!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20