Profile for C. FULLER > Reviews

Content by C. FULLER
Top Reviewer Ranking: 53

C. FULLER (Devon, United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
eBoot 10 Meters 4mm Picture Hanging Cord Hold Up to 50kg
eBoot 10 Meters 4mm Picture Hanging Cord Hold Up to 50kg
Offered by eBoot

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cord..., 25 Aug. 2016
Fine quality cord that is strong and has multiple uses. Ideal for hanging picture frames. Good thickness. Natural colour. Ties off easily and securely. Very reasonable price.

Tala Tools TA50006 6-Inch Pointing Trowel
Tala Tools TA50006 6-Inch Pointing Trowel

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tool..., 25 Aug. 2016
Good quality 6 inch pointing tool with nice point. Produces a good finish to the mortar. Good handle. Not too heavy weight. Price very reasonable.

The Tommy Dorsey Centennial Album
The Tommy Dorsey Centennial Album

4.0 out of 5 stars 1938 to 1953..., 25 Aug. 2016
Very much a mixed bag in every respect but by no means disappointing. EVen after 11 years this compilation stands up well. Many of the tracks are taken from radio shows and display an atmospheric quality. We hear a good mix of instrumentals and numbers featuring the vocalists. The tracks cover 1938 to 1953 so the peak years do feature well. Nice to hear one of few vocals available from Dick Haymes and the classic That Old Black Magic given the full works.
I suppose as a collection it would have been better for me if the tracks had been presented in a chronological order but the mix of broadcast and none broadcast makes for pleasant listening.
As regards the sound quality being mainly broadcast it is not hi-fi obviously and so overall I think a good 4/5. The liner note is by Richard C March of the West Surrey Big Bands Society. Running time just under 62 minutes.

Rapesco Double Hole Metal Wedge Sharpener (Pack of 20)
Rapesco Double Hole Metal Wedge Sharpener (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality sharpener, 23 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent quality product. The 2 hole fits both thin and medium diameter pencils. The sharpening edge is very sharp. You do not need to exert much pressure to get a fine point. This is a retro looking item. I am quite sure that most of us over a certain age had one of these when we were at school. You never get out of using a pencil and for that you need advent sharpener.

LG Harris Extra Emulsion Sleeves Pack of 10
LG Harris Extra Emulsion Sleeves Pack of 10
Offered by DOM'S DIY DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Pack of 10 mini sleeves..., 21 Aug. 2016
I use a lot of LG Harris products and normally find them to be really good value. However, I think these sleeves are just a little too costly. Also, you can get other sets of 10 sleeves that also include a mini roller.
I have checked the 2 different types I have purchased and to be honest the LG Harris are not as well made. However, they do fit the roller and hold the paint well. Hence 4/5.

Silverline 555252 Mini Roller Frame and 10 Sleeves - 100 mm
Silverline 555252 Mini Roller Frame and 10 Sleeves - 100 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain mini roller & sleeves..., 21 Aug. 2016
Mini roller & 10 sleeves for the asking price is a real bargain. I have used these for ages and this is a replacement set. I agree with one of the reviewers who says these smaller rollers are so convenient. I use them on jobs inside and also when I need to do smaller areas of weathershield outside. I use these on an extension pole with another mini roller to great effect. I think this pack is excellent because you get a new roller each time for free! I will certainly buy these again.
I use these with emulsion paint or the weathershield and find the finish very pleasing.

Solgar, Natural Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, 120 Softgels
Solgar, Natural Vitamin D3, 10,000 IU, 120 Softgels
Offered by Parkway Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to swallow..., 21 Aug. 2016
I am taking these as directed and as far as I can tell they are having no adverse effects. It will be the long term effect that I am hoping for as we go into the Autumn and winter.
The capsules are easy to swallow and I just take them with breakfast.
The packaging is fairly lightweight. I did find that if they are kept in a warm place the capsules stick together a bit.
Price wise seems fine.

The Food Doctor On Your Whey Banana and Cacao Meal in a Bar with Chia 65 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Took away the feeling of hunger..., 21 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had these a little while and wanted to try them when the weather was a little less warm. I am not sure if that was because some of the reviews make me think that the bars are very heavy.
Anyway I have tried the bars and followed the instructions and found that they were very filling and certainly took away the desire for the next meal.
As regards the flavour I do enjoy banana so anything with that included always gets easily digested.
The texture is somewhat stodgy and the bars are a hit flexible too.
I have tried these sorts of products before and after one pack or box I tend to revert to normal eating.
Price wise fine.

The Queen's Hall Light Orchestra - Volume 1
The Queen's Hall Light Orchestra - Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sound quality, 20 Aug. 2016
I bought this for a good copy of just one record. I am so thrilled with the sound quality of all 29 tracks. This is a wonderful collection. Interesting liner notes with bios of the composers/conductors.

The Centenary Collection
The Centenary Collection
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Stan Britt compilation..., 19 Aug. 2016
Tommy Dorsey
The Centenary Collection, Pulse PDSCD601

This is a wonderful 47 track collection covering what many will consider the leak Dorsey years (1927-1950) and certainly focusing on his instrumental ability and that of showcasing a vocalist.
The sound is original and comes over well with authentic mono tone. The compiler was the late Stan Britt. Stan did many compilations for CD labels and I must admit that if he did it then I added the CD to my collection.
Originally released in 2005 this is a nice collectors item. Can I also suggest that you actively look out for the other Stan Britt compilations.
Short liner note and years of recording and other info on track listings.

CD1: 77 mins