Profile for Roger Sharp > Reviews

Content by Roger Sharp

Roger Sharp (Kenley, Surrey, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Garden Lighting - Set of 10 Low Voltage Garden Pagoda Lights Complete With Transformer and Cable
Offered by Olive Grove

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut down to size..............., 26 Aug. 2015
These lights aren't cheap or particularly well made, but I am confident they will last for years. (The last set, which was very similar, managed ten years). I am fed up with buying solar lights that last one season. Apart from changing the bulbs, I have confidence this set will do another ten years.

Fitting them requires some basic electrical ability in that they have to be connected to the mains supply, but that's it.

Top tip: They don't have to be installed at full height. I've got mine on a rockery and they would look stupid as shown, so I've cut them down by two thirds.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Universal (9") Tablet Magnetic Keyboard Case Cover | For Easy QWERTY Landscape Typing USB Charging Cable | Tablet Cases and Covers with Accessories by iChoose®
Offered by iChoose Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from my Bluetooth case. Good and bad in parts., 26 Aug. 2015
Although I've always used a Bluetooth case before I thought I'd try this, which is different in that it has a cable that plugs into the USB port. The build quality is fine, and you either like the white stitching or you don't. The keyboard is OK in it's action, although it's smaller than you would get with a ten inch case. When you attach it with the USB cable it works perfectly. It is not, as stated on the page, a "Full UK keyboard" but a generic one with no £ sign.

Where this case scores is that it has an easy mechanism that holds the tablet, which also means you can remove it very quickly. I thought when it arrived that it might allow the tablet to fall out, but that hasn't happened so far. A side benefit of the fixing system is that it makes the whole thing slimmer than Bluetooth cases. It's worth mentioning that there is no hole cut for the rear camera as this is a generic case, but since it's so easy to take the tablet out it doesn't matter, in my opinion.

Should you buy this? Yes, as long as your tablet has a lengthy battery life (and you can put up with the stitching). I've found that having a connected keyboard is much better than a Bluetooth one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy........., 26 Aug. 2015
I agree with another reviewer that these mealworms are so big they are a bit creepy, but that hasn't stopped them being consumed by hungry bird of all types. Buying by weight is a much better deal than buying a tub.

12V 3.0Ah Battery for Dewalt DW930 DW965 DW970 DW972 DE9074 DE9075 DE9071 DE9501

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can drill for hours and hours and hours......., 26 Aug. 2015
So far this battery has proved to be excellent. It fits perfectly and I now can drill for far longer than with a standard battery. I'll be interested to see how it handles repeated recharging. At the price It's a no-brainer.

Patuoxun Magnetic 3 in 1 180 degree Fisheye Lens + 0.67X Wide Angle + Super Micro Lens Photo Kit for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 5S 5C, iPhone 4 4S, iPad, Galaxy S2 S3 S4, Samsung HTC One M7-Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over, David Bailey........., 26 Aug. 2015
I can't believe how inexpensive this kit is because the quality of these lenses is excellent. I rarely take photos but having this kit has encouraged me no end. Contrary to what has been said by one person, if you follow the instructions there's not a problem keeping the lenses on. I've got so in to it my issue is with finding the kit when I need it.

LinkS Slimport MyDP Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter For Google Nexus 4 5 7  - Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) NOT 1ST GENERATION
LinkS Slimport MyDP Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter For Google Nexus 4 5 7 - Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) NOT 1ST GENERATION

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a well made bit of kit and does ..., 26 Aug. 2015
This is a well made bit of kit and does exactly what I expected. An added bonus is the rubbery coating to the case which makes it feel a bit special.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable, dimmable, easy to use. A winner!, 26 Aug. 2015
I've been very impressed on how well engineered this light is. The design is unusual and totally suited to it's function and the fact that it's both dimmable and rechargeable are the icing on the cake. The quality of construction is good and it weighs little. When it's on full chat, dimming is a simple matter of holding the touch sensitive on/off switch down until you get to the intensity you want. What's nice about it being rechargeable is that you can upsticks and take it easily to anything you're working on. I thought that might be something of a gimmick but in reality it's come in really handy - I find that I need more light to read by as I'm getting older - so rather than mess around with a torch I can bring this to anywhere in the house as a temporary light source.

It is a natural fit for my computer keyboard, but I've also used it for reading by. I particularly like the shade of light it puts out which is softer than another lamp I have. Weaknesses? Well, none that I've seen so far, although it could do with a slightly longer cable.

PowerBee ® High Quality Colour Changing LED Garden Solar Table Light (ochre)
PowerBee ® High Quality Colour Changing LED Garden Solar Table Light (ochre)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good thing in every way, but you can buy it cheaper on Amazon using the link below., 16 July 2015
It's a good thing in every way. The only slightly irksome thing is that you can buy the identical product at the URL below for £2 less on Amazon. Identical products should all be listed together. Oddly, just as I checked the price has gone down 20p. Even better..But the product itself is a winner. Well made, reassuringly heavy and does exactly what they say. You can even change the battery. I see someone has posted a review complaining that the top is plastic. What on earth else could be if it's a solar cell?

SoundPEATS QY7 Bluetooth 4.1 Wireless Sports Headphones Running Gym Exercise Sweatproof Headsets In-ear Stereo Earbuds Earphones with Microphone (Black/Green)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved sound quality?, 21 May 2015
What's not to like about this wireless headset? I'd certainly give it a thumbs up. Since others have already extensively reviewed it I'll focus on just one thing - the sound quality - which I'd venture t suggest is better than others in this price range. There seems to be noticeably more bass and treble giving a different experience to most others, or so it felt to me.

Ohuhu Ocean Wave Night Light Projector and Music Player with UK Plug
Ohuhu Ocean Wave Night Light Projector and Music Player with UK Plug

4.0 out of 5 stars In tests, my son found this particular calming........, 9 May 2015
I'd have to agree that not a lot has been spent on the look and feel of this product. To be brutal, it looks like the b*******d child of a union between a food mixer and a broken watch. Fortunately it performs well. When turned on and is simple to operate - it's pretty intuitive and has useful functions.

I've seen a shed load of products similar to this because my son finds they help him relax - he has a movement disorder and this means that the attrition rate is pretty high. I was a tad concerned about the robustness of the mechanism, and felt to quality of the optics could have been tweaked for a better effect, but in use he said he found this unit particularly calming, so that told me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20