Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for P.Inwood > Reviews

Content by P.Inwood

P.Inwood

East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon
East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars A-ha embark on a new journey., 16 Jan. 2011
A glorious album by A-ha here. My 2nd Favourite after Scoundrel Days and including my Favourite A-ha song ever Rolling Thunder just beautiful.
Fans of the band from the start will know that this album followed the (rather poppy according to some fans and reviewers at the time)3rd album Stay on these Roads and saw the band take on a more rockier and some might say darker side. The question being did the music suffer for it?
All I can say is not one bit. Some fans may have been put off by the less poppy sound of this album but A-ha were producing a more grown up mature album to there predecessors and one which would take the band in a new direction. Apart from their cover of the Everly Brothers song Crying in the rain the other songs on here would not chart well not even making the Top 40. Which is something of a crime to me. I think some fans may have started to desert the band after crying in the Rain who longed for the earlier sound of A-ha. For those that did it's a shame as you missed such classic material from this hugely under rated group.
The Album opens with Crying in the rain through to as many have described the Doors like sound of Early morning which is a lovely little song.
Next we have I call Your name which has got so much about it, great piano and saxophone and Morten Harket really hitting the notes on this.
Followed by ( at the time my favorite ) Slender Frame a really fab track which had the other 3 singles charted better should have been released maybe at the expense of Early Morning.
Next the title track of the Album East of the Sun.
This took me a long time to like and Numerous listens still only made me think it was average but eventually I really became to love this song.
I love the somewhat mysterious opening sound of the song and some great lyrics on it too. The ending is just great.
Rolling thunder is my favorite off the album and I think should have been released as the 1st single instead of CITR. I think A-ha would have charted higher in the charts with it. Buy this album and love it. I have for 20 years and it hasn't aged at all. You will go back to it again and again such is the depth of the album. A lot of this album is featured in the live from South America video which is a great live recording of the album and another A-ha bit of music that I recommend to any new A-ha fans or older fans who may have missed out at the time. Hopefully they will give that a Dvd Release soon. East of the Sun West of the Moon - A brilliant A-ha album that if your an A-ha fan should be in you record collection. Enjoy this masterpiece from a truly wonderful band.

Peter Kay: Live at the Top of the Tower [DVD]
Peter Kay: Live at the Top of the Tower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st Live Dvd., 16 Jan. 2011
This is a great 1st live dvd by Peter Kay.
I'm sure by now most people in the country will have heard of Peter Kay and probably seen one of his live dvd's.
This really is a great performance and I would recommend it to any P.Kay fans who may only have ssen The Bolton Halls dvd as there is some great material.
I think that part of Peter Kay's main appeal to everyone is that he hardly uses any bad language in his gags. The few times he does which will be the occasional word then comes across so much more funnier.
I hadn't seen this in a long time but bought it at Christmas as an extra present for my Mom who adores Peter Kay.
The item came very quickly and my Mom was very happy with it.
Hopefully Peter will do another live dvd soon as he is doing more live shows once again. He will do well to produce material as good as what he's got on here.
Once again anyone not seen this I thoroughly recommend it.
75 minutes of very good laughter that will make you laugh out loud.