Profile for V. Bradley > Reviews

Content by V. Bradley

V. Bradley "plaisir de lire" (Italy)

Almost The Truth: The Lawyer's Cut [DVD] [2009]
Almost The Truth: The Lawyer's Cut [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Monty Python
Offered by Black Wolfe

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 10 Jan. 2012
I expected this to have all the sketches as they originally appeared on TV. Instead it is a series of interviews and reminiscences with the Python team about their history, with a few bits of sketches in between. I don't think the blurb describing the product made that clear - or may be I didn't read it properly?
Could they remove Russell Brand? I didn't understand a word of what he was talking about, does he I wonder?

Tefal Inicio FV1230 Steam Iron, 1800W
Tefal Inicio FV1230 Steam Iron, 1800W

3.0 out of 5 stars Low electricity, 10 Jan. 2012
I chose this iron because it uses only 1800W and because of the Tefal brand. It works well and produces plenty of steam. But I miss the 'easy glide' feature of my previous iron, this one has only the shiny chrome/steel base which is not as efficient and not so easy to keep clean. The quality is ok, a bit cheap but then so was the price!

LEGO City 7235: Police Motorcycle
LEGO City 7235: Police Motorcycle
Offered by Just LEGO

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego motor bike, 1 Oct. 2011
Excellent value for money. I was looking for something small to give my 5 yr old grandson and this was just right. Kept him amused for ages.

Polly Pocket World's Giftset
Polly Pocket World's Giftset

3.0 out of 5 stars Polly Pocket, 1 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Polly Pocket World's Giftset (Toy)
Too many very tiny pieces to make the price of the toy worthwhile. My 4 year old granddaughter soon got bored with the fidly bits.

Panasonic Lumix FS10 Digital Camera - Pink (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 14 Aug. 2010
I hesitated a long time before choosing this camera but found it to be the best for the price. I am very pleased with the result and I recommend it if you're aiming mostly at snap shots: a good zoom, clear photos, easy to use (once you get used to handling a small camera), a good size screen and the automatic settings seem to do the trick.
I didn't give it 5 stars as the time between shots is a little long and you have to depress the shutter to focus before each shot.
The colour? Well, I won't loose it and my grand'daughters love it!!

Nella Last's Peace: The Post-War Diaries Of Housewife 49
Nella Last's Peace: The Post-War Diaries Of Housewife 49
by Patricia Malcolmson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good..., 27 Mar. 2009
I so much enjoyed 'Nella's Last War' that, inevitably, I was a little dissappointed by this follow-up. I found the diary entries did not join together as well and I was less interested in the descriptions of the countryside and life after the war.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2009 9:57 PM BST

Oscar and the Lady in Pink
Oscar and the Lady in Pink
by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt

5.0 out of 5 stars A small gem, 7 Feb. 2008
Don't be put off by the sad subject matter, this is a story of hope and acceptance, full of wit and no Hollywood-like syrupy sentimentality. I often give it as a present. Such a shame that other titles have not been translated in English, I would buy them all!!!

The Blue Zone
The Blue Zone
by Andrew Gross

3.0 out of 5 stars An 'airport read', 25 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Blue Zone (Paperback)
This book is what I would class as a 'page-turner' and quite a good one at that. Ideal if you have to wait at an airport or the dentist. I was a bit put off by the poor grammar which often obscured the meaning but perhaps that is colloquial American? The character of the heroine's father is not very credible and the story line pivots on that.

El Evangelio Segun Pilatos (Jesus de Nazaret Biblioteca)
El Evangelio Segun Pilatos (Jesus de Nazaret Biblioteca)
by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Amongst my best books ever, 23 Mar. 2007
I read this in the original french and hope it will be soon published in English for my non-french speaking children. It is such an honest and unbiased view of a very well known story: the last days of Jesus' life and his trial at the hands of Pilate. The author's personal opinion but such a thought-provoking one without ever being scandalous or blasphemous - a pleasant change from the usual publicity seeking offerings on the subject of Jesus and his life/death.