Profile for English Mum > Reviews

Content by English Mum

English Mum (Home Counties)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Collagen Mask Non Surgical Facelift - Vegan Face Masque to Firm & Lift Skin Wrinkles and Fine Lines

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious and very effective, 25 Oct. 2016
This was my absolute favourite of all the Gaya products I purchased. It's really, really moisturising, and at first my skin was so dehydrated that I didn't even need to wipe off any excess, it just absorbed it all! I've especially noticed a difference on my neck, which always feels dry. It's improved both the feel of it and the texture of my skin. Luxurious, effective and worth every penny. Highly recommended!

Face Serum Anti Aging Vegan Deep Facial Skin Moisturiser - In a 30ml Bottle
Face Serum Anti Aging Vegan Deep Facial Skin Moisturiser - In a 30ml Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous packaging and effective serum, 25 Oct. 2016
Love this serum! I've been smoothing it on nightly before my evening moisturiser and I really feel like I'm waking up every day with plump, moisturised skin. The packaging is divine, as with all the Gaya products: really good quality, and beautiful on your dressing table - and the serum is effective, plus a little goes a long way. Lovely stuff.

Eye Serum Anti Aging Skin Vegan Formula to Reduce Wrinkles Fine Lines Puffiness and Dark Circles

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and luxurious, 25 Oct. 2016
I adore the packaging of these products (I've now bought three or four different ones). The glass packaging feels really heavy and good quality and the product is effective and very gentle on the eyes, with only a tiny amount needed to make an immediate difference. My eye area feels moisturised and smoothed without any stinging or greasiness. Lovely product.

Winebird's Vinalogy: Wine Basics with a Twist!
Winebird's Vinalogy: Wine Basics with a Twist!
by Helena Nicklin

5.0 out of 5 stars One to keep with you all the time!, 25 Oct. 2016
Absolutely loved this book! Not only does Helena talk about wine in a clear, easy way, without the usual snobbiness that dominates the wine industry, but she also makes it easy for you to continue your wine journey by working out what you like (and why you like it) so you can find new ones to try. Really impressed.

Gaya Comestics - Face Primer Foundation Base - 30ml Bottle
Gaya Comestics - Face Primer Foundation Base - 30ml Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious and effective, 25 Oct. 2016
I purchased two or three of the Gaya Cosmetics range and I have to say I've been really impressed with all of them. The packaging is really luxe and high end: it looks elegant and the glass bottles feel very heavy and good quality in the hand. You need only the tiniest amount of this primer. I've been using it under my normal foundation and it even worked to even out the complexion and stop shine during a trip to Florida in very humid conditions. Very impressed.

Epson EcoTank ET-4500 Multifunction Printer with Refillable Ink Tank - Black
Epson EcoTank ET-4500 Multifunction Printer with Refillable Ink Tank - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and use, and no mess., 4 Mar. 2016
I've got to be honest, being the clumsy person that I am, the thought of handling bottles of very concentrated printer ink made me a bit nervous, but setting up the machine is really easy (you just pop in a disc and it tells you exactly what to do, step by step) and it's just a case of snapping the lid off the bottle and squeezing the ink into the ink tanks. You then have to wait about 20 minutes or so for the machine to do something technical involving getting ready to print.

Next up, it's a quick process to connect the Wi-Fi and that's it! We were travelling the next day so I printed out 8 boarding cards with no issues and with very bright colours and clean lines. Impressive. I also love that you can have the printer wherever you like and can print from the comfort of your armchair! Even better, you can download an app and even print from your phone or tablet.

The four little bottles of ink provided with the printer are apparently enough to last you for two years, which is pretty impressive, not to mention eco-friendly - bye bye horrible, annoying, expensive cartridges. Our verdict? Fantastic.

InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Cream - Anti Wrinkle & Aging Lotion For Your Face - Helps Reduce Appearance of Wrinkles, Crows Feet, Circles & Fine Lines - With Vitamin C Hyaluronic Acid - 3.4 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-greasy moisturiser, 9 Nov. 2015
I was sent a sample of this product along with the serum, and have used them religiously now for about the past month. Although I feel that the pump action is a little clunky (if you press it all the way down, you get too much product), I've now got used to being a bit more gentle with it, and have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin's tone and smoothness. I've been wearing an SPF veil over the top as directed too, and started using it a couple of times a week before moving up to using it every day as I was a little worried about sensitivity. I find it great under make up as it isn't too greasy, and feel that my fine lines and overall skin texture have improved. I'll be buying this again and using as my everyday moisturiser.

InstaNatural Retinol Serum - With Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide & Organic Argan Oil - Best for Reduced Wrinkles & Fine Lines - For a Smooth & Hydrated Look - Safe for Sensitive Skin - 1 OZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smoothness and skintone, 9 Nov. 2015
I was sent a bottle of this product to review, along with the moisturiser. I've really enjoyed using it and although it took a bit of time to get used to the fact the serum is so liquid (and orange!), I've now perfected the art of putting a couple of drops into the palm of my hand and smoothing it over my face. It's a good idea to work up to using this product every day (my face was a little sensitised at first), but now I feel that my skin is smoother and more even looking too, with the darker colouring across my forehead definitely diminished. I'll be continuing to buy it and recommending it to whoever will listen!

Coming Up Roses
Coming Up Roses
by Rachael Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and uplifting, 25 May 2015
This review is from: Coming Up Roses (Paperback)
Coming Up Roses is a delightful read. Set in a beautiful English village, it’s the story of Daisy, a sweet-natured gardener who is experiencing a run of bad luck. Daisy escapes to her parents’ house to look after it while they’re away. Poor old Daisy has had a rough time, but starts to feel like she really belongs in the village and finds that tending the garden is the best form of therapy.

I won’t give the game away, but Daisy settles in the village and creates her own support network when she meets friends Elaine and Jo and forms a connection with a local man who used to tend the garden. But this is much more than a book about gardening and friendship – there’s a bit of drama, a few skeletons in closets, a rather attractive Irishman, evil property developers and some classic ‘damn you autocorrect’ texting too. It’s not quite the peaceful retreat that Daisy is expecting.

Coming Up Roses is sweet and uplifting. It’s about embracing life whatever it throws at you, and that’s a pretty great message. I loved it.

A Good Egg: a year of recipes from an urban hen-keeper
A Good Egg: a year of recipes from an urban hen-keeper
by Genevieve Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of the year, 6 Dec. 2013
This book is just perfect for anyone who yearns for the simple things - cooking simple, delicious dinners made with produce from your garden and eggs from hens pecking in the yard. It reminds me of classic Nigella books as it's a lovely read as well as having some really gorgeous recipes. A bedside book, I'd call it. Inspirational.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3