Profile for Geronimo > Reviews

Geronimo

The Darkest Secret
The Darkest Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 3 Jan. 2016
Another crackingly good book from this author, and, be warned this one sails VERY close to the wind. As always with Marwood, she digs deep into the psyche of her characters, and I do so love a chance to grub around with the darker side. I got plenty of those chances here.
The story shifts between different time frames which I sometimes find cumbersome handled by lesser writers, but Marwood manages it as deftly as always, and I think it makes for a much more satisfying read.
It is gripping and it is thought-provoking but most of all, I know it is a book I will read many times over and always enjoy.

Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions
Weather Live - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 2 Nov. 2015
Wonderful graphics, accurate forecasts.

The Killer Next Door
The Killer Next Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for Marwood. A genuinely superior thriller., 16 Dec. 2013
Vesta Collins has lived her forlorn little life at 23 Beulah Grove, now divided into bedsits and presided over by the unloved and unlovely landlord Roy Preece. She shares the house with a thief, a teenage runaway, a disgraced music teacher, a social misfit and an asylum seeker, each with good reason to glance over their shoulder as they squirrel away their secrets.

The squalor of this increasingly fetid house and the hopelessness and desperation of the inmates is so well interpreted, the plotting is tight, and the detail is bang on the money. Spiked with moments of grisly humour, Marwood has a real eye for the macabre and gets inside the head of her psychopath with uncanny ease.

Be warned, this is not a book for the squeamish, but if you're a fan of Ruth Rendell / Barbara Vine you'll love it as much as I did.

AND... no-one kills the cat. Bonus!

Hold My Hand
Hold My Hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm spooked., 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Hold My Hand (Kindle Edition)
Oh my I did enjoy this book - if enjoyment can be defined by being glued to a chair and scared nearly witless. This story is really enthralling ( I loved the Cornish setting) and the plot is complex but so well structured that each twist just made my blood run a little colder. It all just rings so unnervingly true. A brilliant book, thoroughly recommended.