Profile for Val > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Little Beach Street Bakery
Little Beach Street Bakery

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story I loved it., 19 April 2015
I have this book on audio and have listened to it twice now. I was drawn to each character even the bird, won't spoil it for you, and was quite emotional during the storm. It's a lovely warm book.

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 10 Mar. 2015
I loved this book, the characters were well written and rounded. I felt as if I came to know each person. Have tissues at the ready. Please consider making this into a series Milly, after all there are other units to fill,adventures to be had and reported back on, and all set around The Teashop on the Corner.

Summer with my Sister
Summer with my Sister

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 25 Jan. 2015
Have enjoyed each of the Lucy Diamond's books that I've read so far. Summer with my Sister is excellent, the characters well rounded, I feel as if I know them well. The story line, as with each of Lucy's books is so good, there are bits of each of our families in it and I found myself wondering how she knew! Do yourself a favour and read this book.

Me and Mr Jones
Me and Mr Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Me and Mr Jones (Kindle Edition)
This is the second of Lucy Diamond's books I've listened to. I listened to the audio book which was so well read I felt as if I were with this lovely family. The story is based around the Jones family, Mum and Dad who run a B&B and their three sons. Two of the boys are married and then there is Charlie! Each of them are coping with their own problems and as a family unit they find pulling together the answer. This is such a feel good story and if you're tired of lives falling apart, this is for you. The one thing I didn't like and thought unnecessary was the foul language. Love having books available as an audio option.

Stranded (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #4)
Stranded (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, a jolly good read, 12 Oct. 2014
Looking forward to the next one, would love them as an audio option too, how about it Lorena, any chance

Heaven is for Real: 5 Minute Digest
Heaven is for Real: 5 Minute Digest

3.0 out of 5 stars Heaven IS for real, 24 Sept. 2014
This review was helpful. There are many grammatical errors in this short book, it would be an easier read if these were corrected.

On the Run (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #3): A Novel
On the Run (An Ivy Malone Mystery Book #3): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable fun well written read, 11 Sept. 2014
I so enjoyed this Christian novel, as much as I did the first 2. Good, well written characters and a story that kept me interested, a good plot and I didn't know who dunnit until the end. Please give us more ms McCourtney

Michal (The Wives of King David Book #1): A Novel
Michal (The Wives of King David Book #1): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Aug. 2014
I would highly recommend this book. I've been taught the stories of King David all my life but never considered how Michal or any of his wives might feel. Jill Smith weaves scripture through this story with compassion leaving you feeling as if you know these people. I read this book in three days coming back to it whenever I could to read more, couldn't put it down! I will definitely read more of her work.

Between Heaven and Texas (Cobbled Court Quilts)
Between Heaven and Texas (Cobbled Court Quilts)

5.0 out of 5 stars A heavenly book, 19 July 2014
I can't say enough about this series, if you've not read any, this book would be a good one to start with. A heartwarming story, love, life and a families triumph over adversity (and quilting to boot). I loved it, give it a try, I'm sure you will too. (No, I don't work for the publisher, I just love reading.) Ms Bostwick, please keep writing.

Murder by Vegetable (Five Star Mystery Series)
Murder by Vegetable (Five Star Mystery Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder by vegetable, 15 July 2014
Excellent story line, strong believable characters, I had no idea who dunnit at all. Love that there's a free mystery quilt too! Can't wait to read the next one, please write more in this series Barbara.

Page: 1 | 2