Profile for Kerri > Reviews

Kerri

THE TRYSTING TREE
THE TRYSTING TREE

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 20 Jun. 2016
This review is from: THE TRYSTING TREE (Kindle Edition)
Another fantastic book from Linda Gillard, I've read and loved them all and have been waiting eagerly for this one. It certainly didn't disappoint, very cleverly interweaving the period of the Great War with the present day. I had to ration myself or I would not have got anything else done and would have been up all night!

Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords
Crossword : World's Biggest Cross Word - 100s of great free crosswords

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for odd moments, 8 Feb. 2015
Not very demanding so far, but good to pick up if you have a few minutes to fill. No need to purchase anything.

Can You Escape - Tower
Can You Escape - Tower

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Can You Escape - Tower (App)
Really made me think at times, just as good as the other games in this series that I have played.

The Artist's Way: A Course in Discovering and Recovering Your Creative Self
The Artist's Way: A Course in Discovering and Recovering Your Creative Self
by Julia Cameron

1.0 out of 5 stars This book was recommended to me by a very good art teacher, 22 July 2014
This book was recommended to me by a very good art teacher, so I was very disappointed to find that it was a load of religious New Age clap-trap! I started of trying to follow it, although I was put off by all the references to God on every page, but soon decided that the time I was spending writing my daily pages of drivel and doing the exercises that were supposed to free my creativity could be far better spent by actually painting. Maybe it would be useful to writers, although I doubt it.

BlockPuzzle
BlockPuzzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Mindless fun, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: BlockPuzzle (App)
Very easy so far (level 100+), but good for a spare few minutes. I got it free and wouldn't have wanted to pay for it.

QuizClashTM PREMIUM
QuizClashTM PREMIUM

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: QuizClashTM PREMIUM (App)
Very good game, seems slow at first until you realise that you can have lots of games going at the same time and keep coming back to them - don't expect your opponent to play their round straight away. Good variety of questions of varying difficulty.

CAULDSTANE
CAULDSTANE

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: CAULDSTANE (Kindle Edition)
I've loved all Linda Gillard's books and have been waiting eagerly for this one, and it certainly didn't disappoint me. There are so many twists and turns in the story that you are kept on the edge of your seat wondering what is coming next, and although in the cold light of day I suppose it's an unbelievable story, it's so well written that it seems completely credible. I was in the middle of reading a book by a much better known author and was getting rather fed up with all the coincidences and unlikely events, so was delighted to drop it to read "Cauldstane". I expect I shall go back to the other book eventually, but I know I shan't enjoy it to the same extent. I won't spoil it for other people by revealing anything, but don't be out off by the mention of ghosts and gothic - I don't usually like that genre either, but I loved this book and am sorry to have finished it.