Profile for Casper the friendly cat > Reviews

Content by Casper the fri...

Casper the friendly cat "Hi there!" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sephia Spring Reinforced Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Micro USB Charging Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Android, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony and More
Offered by Sephia

5.0 out of 5 stars Braided is great, 8 Jun. 2017
A high quality feeling cable that stands out from all the others I have.

(2Pack)Lint Roller,WOWGO Reusable Pet Hair Remover Sticky Washable Pet Hair Roller with Cover and Travel Size Roller-Pink
Offered by POP Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Complements my sticky roller very well, 24 April 2017
Nice product and works well. I have two cats and this roller is a great help in ensuring I get out the door looking presentable.

Raspberry Pi 3 Official Desktop Starter Kit (16Gb, White)
Raspberry Pi 3 Official Desktop Starter Kit (16Gb, White)
Offered by New IT limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Pi-hole!, 22 April 2017
Wonderful device that is serving as an ad blocker on my network using Pi-hole.
Very easy to set up.

Moto Z Play Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Moto Z Play - Clear
Offered by LK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 5 Feb. 2017
Can't argue with a nice transparent gel case that protects my new phone and allows the look of the phone to be shown.

MEE Audio Connect AFT1 Bluetooth Dual Transmitter for TV - Black
MEE Audio Connect AFT1 Bluetooth Dual Transmitter for TV - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate to be negative but I had to return them - possible headset issue?, 5 Feb. 2017
The problem I had was not being able to link the device to my Bose QC35 headset.

I normally have no problems with bluetooth syncing, from my Taotronics in ear phones with my Nexus 5X or Moto Z Play, the QC35s with those phones or with my Amazon Echo.
My bluetooth on my Chromebook is fine and dandy if I need it to pair with a mouse or headset. Basically I'm good on the bluetooth front.

However this device was a b*tch to pair. It worked once with me standing over it and with my headset in one hand urging the light to turn solid blue. The second evening it plain refused and it never synced again. Perhaps it's the new QC35s that I only got quite recently but they were the trigger for this purchase. It's a nice headset and to use them late at night to keep the tv sound off seemed like an excellent idea.

The fact that they worked once, after much gnashing of teeth, suggests they should work but there's something in my set up that must be throwing it. I used the optical connection to my LG tv.

Just a heads up in case someone has the same kit - otherwise I'm sure the MEE is a fine piece of kit.

Lenovo N22 11.6 inch HD Chromebook Laptop (Intel Celeron N3060, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB EMMC, Chrome OS) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid entry-level Chromebook, beware a glitchy setup which can be overcome, 21 Oct. 2016
Given the price of £105 it seemed a good time to get a backup Chromebook for my trusty Acer CB3-111.

Screen is an improvement but still is nicely non-reflective. Camera can be rotated away which is nice for the paranoid. Keyboard is a step up I feel on the Acer. It has a bit more response and so typing is definitely more pleasurable. Minor point but the power connector is positioned on the side which I like as when I'm charging the power source is most likely to the side somewhere.

But now a warning. Unlike my Acer which I had running from a cafe shortly after buying, the N22 did not play ball. I had a blinking screen which continued for about a minute, refusing all attempts to even open settings and then logged me out. Guest mode worked thankfully and I updated ChromeOS from there and I did get in but performance was patchy. This evening it was so bad I thought it was broken.
Thus for the first time on a Chromebook I powerwashed and finally the N22 started behaving. The whole thing feels snappy and handles multiple tabs very well.

Despite the processor clocking in lower than the Acer it's more power efficient and I have a healthy 9 hours left with a YouTube tab playing music. To be honest it feels fast enough.

In terms of looks it feels a bit chunkier and curvier than the sharper lines of the Acer with noticeable large top and bottom bezels. While it won't win any design awards, the weight is still about the same and that means it's very light and extremely portable. If only Windows laptops were this practical.

**TLDR**
To summarise, if you get a blinking N22, try guest mode and update. Then log in and powerwash to get the correct setup and obliterate any odd configuration issues.

Based upon my personal experience I knock off a star because there's no excuse for a Chromebook to arrive in a glitchy software state. However I recommend this wholeheartedly in terms of general performance and value for money.

USB C Cable, Rankie 1m Hi-speed USB 3.0 Type C USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Charging&Data Transfer Cable for Nexus 6P/5X, Pixel C,ChromeBook Pixel, Lumia 950/ 950XL, Apple New Macbook 12 Inch, Nokia N1, and Other Type-C Supported Devices (Black)- R1201
Offered by Rankie-Direct

Below The Belt Grooming - Fresh & Dry Balls
Below The Belt Grooming - Fresh & Dry Balls
Offered by Cosmic Healthcare

5.0 out of 5 stars My balls say thank you, 1 Jun. 2016
I use this every day and it really works rather well to keep everything fresh down there. Better than talc or random sprays.

Kinzd Ultra Thin Aluminum Metal Wallets - RFID Blocking Credit Card Wallet Holder for Men & Women - Best Card Protector with 6 PVC Slots and Durable Stainless Steel Latch
Offered by buyftb

5.0 out of 5 stars What a neat little product, 1 Jun. 2016
This is one of those little purchases that works out really well sometimes. It offers solid protection for my credit/debit cards so I'm less likely to break them. And the RFID protection gives peace of mind.
What's really nice though is the way it opens and fans out the cards nicely for you to choose which one to pluck out. It opens and closes satisfyingly.

Recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best quality blue-tooth in-ear headphones I have used., 16 Feb. 2016
These felt great from the start. Good build quality and nice, large, clickable button on the right bud to activate and turn off. Connects quickly and does not drop the connection.
Battery life also seems impressive. Much, much better than the Mpow set I first bought.

Great value for money and I recommend them unequivocally.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5