Profile for Alison H > Reviews

Content by Alison H

Alison H "Alison Harris" (Belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Only the Worthy (The Way of Steel-Book 1)
Only the Worthy (The Way of Steel-Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great start to a new series, 30 April 2016
I have to say from the first time I read a Morgan Rice book I was hooked, and this one is no different. She reels us in from the beginning with characters we can only either love or hate. From the start the battle lines are drawn and us with them. This book captured my imagination from the start. The story is an old one; poor boy turns out to be a mighty king, warrior or leader, but it's one we all love. Through a little romance, betrayal, true friendship and history in and, if told properly, you have a winner. Morgan Rice is a fantastic story teller so she wins every time as far,as I am concerned. The only thing that takes anything away from this book is the bad proofing errors. They are so obvious in places that it can be annoying but they do not take away from the story for me so it's 5 stars. I can't wait for the next instalment.

Owen - Book One of the Tudor Trilogy
Owen - Book One of the Tudor Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good historical fiction, 17 April 2016
The author has ensured that the reading of this book is easy by writing it in a modern way. I am glad to say though that this in no way took the historical feel from the story. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

The Girl in the Ice: A gripping serial killer thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 13 April 2016
Wow!!!! This book was a fantastic read. The author draws you in and he describes the characters so well you feel you know them. Also at times I felt like I was there witnessing everything happening. I just couldn't put this book down. Great story and superb story telling. I have loads of books on my kindle to read but I assure you once the next book comes out it will move to the top of my reading list. Buy it you won't be disappointed!

Gemcrafter: Puzzle Journey
Gemcrafter: Puzzle Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game!, 5 May 2015
This review is from: Gemcrafter: Puzzle Journey (App)
I love this great gameme. It is not the standard match 3 games in that you have to think carefully and work.out a way to win the level. To me this is a more challenging type of game. In fact I feel I have 2 games in one; that's because I'm not working on winning the keys this time round but concentrating on completing the levels, saving finding the keys after my first Completed run. No doubt that will keep me.amused for the next couple of years!!

So if you like a challenge try this game you won't regret it. (BTW levels get progressively harder as you play)

No One Left To Tell (The Baltimore Series Book 2)
No One Left To Tell (The Baltimore Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant., 15 Feb. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this book. It has everything. An intriguing, twisting crime story, a bit of court drama, a romance and a wonderful feeling of belonging. It was quite a ling book but it held me captive for its entirety. I'm now going to read the remaining books on the series & if they are like this book I'm in for a wonderful time. Buy it!!!!

Brazen
Brazen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Brazen (Kindle Edition)
While this book is historically correct in the setting it is a wonderful fictional story. I truly enjoyed this light read. I say light as I found it very easy to read, though I would say it is more a woman's read than anything. That certainly did not stop me thoroughly enjoying it. In fact it kept me sane while my bathroom was being refurbished. A most for any woman who enjoys a good story & an absolute perfect choice for a holiday read.

A Blight of Mages (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 3)
A Blight of Mages (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just brilliant., 14 Jan. 2015
Having read the other titles in this series I couldn't wait to settle down to this one & boy was I not disappointed. I could hardly put this book down. I agree with some other reviewers that it was a bit strange at first, knowing the paths these characters take later on, this being a prequel. However none of this spoilt one second of the enjoyment. If you haven't read any of this series I would probably say read this one first. However the writing and the story are so good that so long as you read 1&2 in order it won't matter. Love this author and can't recommend her work highly enough.

The Escape (John Puller Series Book 3)
The Escape (John Puller Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet!, 11 Dec. 2014
While I always thoroughly enjoy David Baldacci novels to me this is his best work. It was so believable, so current and so unputdownable. John Puller is a great character. I think I've fallen for him a bit myself in all 3 books he has starred in. After all what woman would not fall for such an attractive, principled man who is also a hero most men would love as a friend. If you have never read a John Puller story I would recommend any but advise you to start with the first. Don't wait because you'll want to be caught up before the next one.

Closer Than You Think (The Cincinnati Series Book 1)
Closer Than You Think (The Cincinnati Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet., 28 Nov. 2014
Lived, loved, loved this book. It was jam packed with so many great ideas. There are multiple suspects that you really can't figure out the killer until very near the end. The twists and turns are so many and varied but never get unbelievable. I loved this writer before, not I simply adore her. Brilliant book, worth every penny. BUY IT!

The Jury Master (David Sloane Book 1)
The Jury Master (David Sloane Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 25 Oct. 2014
I came across this book while searching for something else but I am so delighted I did. What attracted me was the reference that if you like John Grisham's books you would like this. Like is an understatement, I loved this book. The story is riveting as are the characters. The book flows smoothly & anytime I was forced to put it down I couldn't wait to get back to it. Other reviews will deal with the storyline in detail but the best detailed review I can give is BUY IT.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8