Profile for Alison H > Reviews

Content by Alison H

Alison H "Alison Harris" (Belfast)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No One Left To Tell (Romantic suspense Book 13)
No One Left To Tell (Romantic suspense Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant., 15 Feb. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this book. It has everything. An intriguing, twisting crime story, a bit of court drama, a romance and a wonderful feeling of belonging. It was quite a ling book but it held me captive for its entirety. I'm now going to read the remaining books on the series & if they are like this book I'm in for a wonderful time. Buy it!!!!

Brazen
Brazen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Brazen (Kindle Edition)
While this book is historically correct in the setting it is a wonderful fictional story. I truly enjoyed this light read. I say light as I found it very easy to read, though I would say it is more a woman's read than anything. That certainly did not stop me thoroughly enjoying it. In fact it kept me sane while my bathroom was being refurbished. A most for any woman who enjoys a good story & an absolute perfect choice for a holiday read.

A Blight of Mages (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 3)
A Blight of Mages (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant just brilliant., 14 Jan. 2015
Having read the other titles in this series I couldn't wait to settle down to this one & boy was I not disappointed. I could hardly put this book down. I agree with some other reviewers that it was a bit strange at first, knowing the paths these characters take later on, this being a prequel. However none of this spoilt one second of the enjoyment. If you haven't read any of this series I would probably say read this one first. However the writing and the story are so good that so long as you read 1&2 in order it won't matter. Love this author and can't recommend her work highly enough.

The Escape (John Puller Series Book 3)
The Escape (John Puller Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet!, 11 Dec. 2014
While I always thoroughly enjoy David Baldacci novels to me this is his best work. It was so believable, so current and so unputdownable. John Puller is a great character. I think I've fallen for him a bit myself in all 3 books he has starred in. After all what woman would not fall for such an attractive, principled man who is also a hero most men would love as a friend. If you have never read a John Puller story I would recommend any but advise you to start with the first. Don't wait because you'll want to be caught up before the next one.

Closer Than You Think
Closer Than You Think

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best yet., 28 Nov. 2014
Lived, loved, loved this book. It was jam packed with so many great ideas. There are multiple suspects that you really can't figure out the killer until very near the end. The twists and turns are so many and varied but never get unbelievable. I loved this writer before, not I simply adore her. Brilliant book, worth every penny. BUY IT!

The Jury Master
The Jury Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Jury Master (Kindle Edition)
I came across this book while searching for something else but I am so delighted I did. What attracted me was the reference that if you like John Grisham's books you would like this. Like is an understatement, I loved this book. The story is riveting as are the characters. The book flows smoothly & anytime I was forced to put it down I couldn't wait to get back to it. Other reviews will deal with the storyline in detail but the best detailed review I can give is BUY IT.

The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1
The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!, 5 Oct. 2014
I simply loved this book. The story telling is brilliant. The characters are really believable and become friends or enemies. The story just flows. Perhaps what impressed most was the length of the book. There are other fantasy authors, whose work I have read, who would publish this in at least 2 books. Thankfully this author obviously enjoys telling a story without breaks and ensuring she gets as much money from her readers as possible.

There were times that I became so engrossed in the life of the characters and their story that I literally couldn't put this book down. At times I felt I could not only see the settings but smell the scene set. I really felt like a fly on the wall as this book progressed. Needless to say I can't wait to get stuck into the next one. So enough said except BUY IT you won't be disappointed.

The Lore of the Evermen (The Evermen Saga Book 4)
The Lore of the Evermen (The Evermen Saga Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book & Saga, 20 Sept. 2014
I have just finished this final book of The Evermen Saga & I was in a lucky position to be able to read them back to back. The story line, while being true fantasy, could in many places, been true to life. The author is quite brilliant at developing characters and their relationships. In fact I shed a tear a few times during the saga but I also felt very uplifted at other times. While the story was split in places to allow the author to follow different characters and their section of the story; he did so very smoothly. And while I have seen other authors split this in order to have more books published, this was, to me just perfect

I could not recommend this saga highly enough. The story is great, the characters are terrific and the worst thing I can say about it is, it'll leave you wanting more. Buy it!!

Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 7 Sept. 2014
I can't say anything else but brilliant. In fact it is one of the best Teacher books for a while. Totally absorbing & fantastically twisted. In other words - perfect. Buy it, it won't disappoint.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a chore to be honest, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
There is nothing I love better than I good legal thriller and for quite some time John Grisham's books have always delivered. However I have to say I feel really let down by this one. Normally my family complain when I get 'into' a good book as I shut everything else out, no complaints this time as I had to literally force myself to finish this book. The story is ok but could've been better written. I, as others, qusssed the ending quite early on. All in all a very surprising, disappointing read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8