Profile for Anna Frances > Reviews

Content by Anna Frances

Anna Frances (Southern England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Met A Monk: 8 Weeks to Happiness, Freedom and Peace
I Met A Monk: 8 Weeks to Happiness, Freedom and Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear, helpful and positive introduction to mindfulness and ways to reach happiness, 11 Aug. 2015
I would recommend this book to anyone who is suffering from stress or who feels meditation and mindfulness would benefit them.
Rose's clear and helpful guide has helped me enormously, giving me tools to work with to combat stress and anxiety which I feel will really work for me.
The book is very readable and easy to follow, with a friendly,chatty personal style. Rose's honest approach is compelling and you feel that you are joining her and working together to understand how to reach personal happiness. There is a sense of not being judged which is very inspiring and encouraging.
It is also great if you want to understand Buddhism, it explains mindfulness and other aspects of the Buddhist approach in a really clear way which anyone can understand. It also gives practical advice and tips at the end of each chapter.

Strolling Around Bruges
Strolling Around Bruges

5.0 out of 5 stars This brilliant book made our holiday!, 11 Aug. 2015
I bought this book as we were off for a weekend break in Bruges. It would be no exaggeration to say that it really made our holiday! It gives you a 'guided tour' of the city with just the right amount of detail and interest. We were able to find all sorts of 'secret' or unexpected places that we would never have found without this book, including the most amazing bar! I love the writer's chatty style and insight into things.

This is perfect if you are interested in history, culture and seeing beyond the usual 'tourist traps'. Thoroughly recommended!

White Eagle Medicine Wheel Deck
White Eagle Medicine Wheel Deck
by Wa-Na-Nee-Che
Edition: Cards

1.0 out of 5 stars Not 'White Eagle' the spiritual teacher., 17 Nov. 2014
As another reviewer has pointed out, these cards are nothing to do with White Eagle, the spiritual teacher, or The White Eagle Lodge. His beautiful teachings are available on Amazon and contain the spiritual wisdom of the Native American culture as well as a beautiful philosophy of wisdom and harmony. I recommend you try 'The Quiet Mind', 'Seeking Serenity' or 'Beautiful Road Home'.

Walking With White Eagle In Sacred Places: Your Own Spiritual Pilgrimage
Walking With White Eagle In Sacred Places: Your Own Spiritual Pilgrimage
by White Eagle

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and energising, 14 July 2014
This book is truly inspirational. It gives a real sense that everyone - no matter where they are, or how poor/old/unfit they are - can travel, in spirit, to the exotic and beautiful places of the world and experience their spiritual power. So many amazing places are covered by this book, from Tibet to the Andes to Stonehenge - but also to the tiny church, gorgeous hill-top or ruined castle down the road, where you personally feel a strong spiritual connection. All the sacred places of the world are opened by this book, and White Eagle's teaching is (as always) beautiful, helpful and relevant to today's world. I loved the real experiences by actual spiritual seekers and the photographs.

Farmageddon: The True Cost of Cheap Meat
Farmageddon: The True Cost of Cheap Meat

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening, 10 Mar. 2014
This is a book everyone should read as it deals with an issue that is central to society today and one that we cannot afford to shut our eyes to any longer. It is a well-balanced, sane and informative account and well worth reading. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in food, farming or health.

Revelation (The Shardlake Series Book 4)
Revelation (The Shardlake Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely addictive, 18 Sept. 2013
Every Shardlake book seems to get better and better and this one is no disappointment. They are quite compulsive and my only regret is that I have now read them all. Amazing historical detail and utterly believable characters coupled with very exciting plots that nearly always leave you shocked by the denouement. Wonderful.

The Spiritualists' Handbook: A concise and extensive guide to Spiritualism and all its practices
by Rev Lyn Guest de Swarte

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive guide for Spiritualists, 25 Jun. 2013
Lyn Guest de Swarte was Editor of the Psychic news for many years, and has an impressive knowledge of all aspects of Spiritualism. This has enabled her to write with complete authority and experience. The book covers every possible aspect of Spiritualism including its history, memorable Spiritualists, and many different elements of spiritual practice, before dealing with the different functions of Spiritualist services. Most helpfully, it also contains a number of engaging Workshops helping the reader in a practical way on topics such as `Learning to communicate with Spirit' and `Chakras and Meditation'. A very useful book for anyone interested in Spiritualism.

Starting Over (Middledip Book 1)
Starting Over (Middledip Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful & unputdownable, 9 Jun. 2013
I absolutely loved this book. Crammed with sexual tension yet cosy, relaxing and lovely to read, emotionally entirely convincing and with a completely gorgeous hero. Delighted to have discovered a new author I love and am about to buy all her other books! I have just ignored my family for hours while I devoured this book. Wish I could wipe it from my memory so I could read it all over again!

Sealed with a Kiss
Sealed with a Kiss

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable if slightly predictable, 11 April 2013
I loved the setting and idea of this book, and it was a pleasant, easy, enjoyable read with nice characters. I found the love story rather predictable and would have liked a bit more bristling antagonism or similar between hero and heroine, though. It is fine to know from the moment a character is mentioned that he must be the hero...but the whole Lord of the Manor thing is a tad too cliched to work without some sort of problem to resolve! I would also have welcomed a bit more detail about the renovation projects she was supposedly engaged on...it all seemed to be accomplished a bit too easily and a few problems to get our teeth into would have added zest to the story.
Well worth reading though and I will look out for her future books.

Croissants and Jam (a romantic comedy): 1
Croissants and Jam (a romantic comedy): 1
by Lynda Renham

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely hilarious, 31 Jan. 2013
I rarely write reviews but I just had to with this book. It is hilarious. Really, really funny. I have now bought it for three friends and everyone finds it hysterical. Please somebody make this into a film. Think Leap Year crossed with French Kiss and you are getting there. It has overtones of Slummy Mummy and I found myself reading several bits aloud to passers by, possibly to explain my embarrassing public giggling. The writing style is unusual - I wouldn't say it was brilliantly written - but it grows on you and adds to the humour in the end.
Off-putting title, I suspect people buy it looking for Katie Fforde and end up getting something a bit faster-paced and younger in style. If you like Sophie Kinsella, Jenny Colgan etc I suspect you will enjoy this. Her other books are funny too though not as good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3