Profile for PPDK > Reviews

Scallywag: The Dirty Ways of War
Scallywag: The Dirty Ways of War
by Paula Astridge

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER GOOD BOOK THAT'S HARD TO PUT DOWN, 10 Oct. 2016
So far I have read all the books Paula Astridge has written and they always keep me engaged. This one, like her others, cleverly weaves a fictitious character into a well researched historical situation. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the Scallywags and particularly about the roles Leslie Howard and Ian Fleming played during the war. I found this book to be another one that wasn't easy to put down. When I got to the end, like Waltzing Dixie, I was left wanting more. I always think if you feel like this at the end of a book, it's a book worth reading. I really look forward to the author's next book. Worth buying.

Bad Hand: Fletcher Christian: The Last Piece of the Puzzle
Bad Hand: Fletcher Christian: The Last Piece of the Puzzle
by Paula Astridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical facts that make great reading, 9 July 2015
I picked this up to read on my last flight because I had really enjoyed the author's last book "Waltzing Dixie". Like Dixie, I couldn't put it down. It's a great read. The author's approach and extensive research challenged my perceptions and views of both Bligh and Christian and certainly gave me food for thought about Macarthur. Australian history brought to life. Well worth the read. Highly recommend.

Shooting the Past (1999) [DVD]
Shooting the Past (1999) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Duncan

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, 14 Aug. 2013
Really enjoyed this DVD. Worth watching with excellent actors. Hadn't seen it before so didn't know what to expect. Enjoyed it.

Edward The Seventh [DVD] [1975]
Edward The Seventh [DVD] [1975]
Dvd ~ Timothy West

5.0 out of 5 stars HASN'T DATED AT ALL, 14 Aug. 2013
This has stood up to the test of time thanks to the excellent acting and production. Unlike another series just watched made at a similar time this hasn't dated at all. Almost 40 years old, it is just as good to watch now.

Nancy Astor [DVD]
Nancy Astor [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pierce Brosnan

3.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT WHEN IT WAS MADE BUT SLIGHTLY DATED NOW, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nancy Astor [DVD] (DVD)
I remember enjoying this when it first came to television but unlike some series of the same period I felt this had dated a bit. Still quite enjoyable but not of the same Calibre some others available.

The Lost Prince [DVD] [2003]
The Lost Prince [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Daniel Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Lost Prince [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Had seen this before and wanted to get a copy. it is beautifully acted and a story worth telling. Very pleased with the DVD.

Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet
Arkon Folding Tablet Stand for iPad Air iPad mini iPad and Android Tablet
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars LIGHT AND PORTABLE, 5 Jun. 2013
I'm enjoying this purchase and recently used it on a trip away. Easy to carry and use. Gives me lots of angles for ipad use. Recommend

Belkin ipad Travel Flipstand (Compatible with New Apple iPad 3rd Generation HD)
Belkin ipad Travel Flipstand (Compatible with New Apple iPad 3rd Generation HD)
Offered by NOGBAD Brighton Pickup welcome. Only order if you are happy with the price

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT QUALITY STAND, 5 Jun. 2013
Very good stand. Sturdy and portable. Happy with this. Recommend at this price for those people looking for a good ipad stand

Tintamar VIP Classic Handbag liner & organiser in Silver - Limited Edition
Tintamar VIP Classic Handbag liner & organiser in Silver - Limited Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars WELL OVER PRICED, 5 Jun. 2013
I was really disappointed to receive this bag. I chose it because it seemed to be good quality compared to the cheaper options available but when it came I was surprised with it considering the price paid. It is very small and actually only good for smaller handbags and I can't work out why it was so expensive. So, I now still need to buy a larger insert but this time I'll go for one of the much cheaper ones because I can't see the value in this.
Disappointing purchase.

TeckNet® Slim Fit Apple iPad Smart Case PU Leather Cover With Stand For Apple iPad 4 & 3 (3rd and 4th Generation with Retina Display) and iPad 2, Included Screen Protector
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific value, 28 May 2013
I use this all the time. Quality is great and I'm quite pleased with myself for buying it when I go into shops and see the branded and other leather ones priced well above. Very good and tilts my iPad at the right angle for me.