Profile for Joanne > Reviews

Content by Joanne

Joanne (Clavering, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
New Aeroball Trainer Practice Stitched Seam Coaching Cricket Ball Jnr/Snr
New Aeroball Trainer Practice Stitched Seam Coaching Cricket Ball Jnr/Snr
Price: £4.30 - £8.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 24 May 2016
Stitching came undone after two uses. Split wide open, so we are disappointed. Item returned. We have a second one, bought at the same time, which is faring slightly better though I don't think it will last very long until it splits as well.

I have given two stars rather than one, simply because it is possible we got a duff ball to split so quickly, but signs aren't great for second one so score remains low.

The Drowning Lesson
The Drowning Lesson
by Jane Shemilt

3.0 out of 5 stars Distinctly average., 5 April 2016
This review is from: The Drowning Lesson (Paperback)
Rather average, and ultimately, disappointing, as I had quite enjoyed Daughter.

Three stars may even be generous. Just fizzled out. Implausible

Jazooli Guitar Capo Clamp for Electric and Acoustic Guitar Quick Trigger Release - Gold
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2015
I bought this for my son and he tells me that it is excellent, much easier to use than the previous capo he had. Just the job and very cheap to boot. Arrived quickly as well.

Neverwhere
Neverwhere
by Neil Gaiman
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio/Audio Drama at its finest, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Neverwhere (Audio CD)
Utterly fabulous. Until I listened to this on Radio 4, I had no idea what the fuss about Gaiman was. Now I am converted. That said, I really prefer to listen to his work, rather than read it in print. His books are zany and to me, really benefit from the input of a great narrator or cast, like this one, to give it the edge.

Cannot recommend enough, it's over a year since I listened to it and it is still firmly with me.

The Wrong Knickers - A Decade of Chaos
The Wrong Knickers - A Decade of Chaos
by Bryony Gordon

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably dull., 23 Jan. 2015
My instinct tells me one star, but I feel sorry for her so it's a meagre two. Why would you write this book? Dull and a bit pathetic. I can see how it worked as a column but a whole book? Give me strength.

The Hypnotist's Love Story
The Hypnotist's Love Story
by Liane Moriarty

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit sedate, 6 Jan. 2015
It told a good story, as far as it went. But not exactly compelling, rather run of the mill. A bit of intrigue and excitement which promised some twists and turns, but every time this just fizzled out. A very long book for what it was. This could be a great short story as it has interesting themes, it's just way way too long. Not a patch on What Alice Forgot or The Husband's Secret.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtakingly good., 11 Dec. 2014
My book of the year. I read Harold Fry and loved it. I listened to the Radio 4 abridged reading in which Sophie Thompson played the part to perfection. And then, saving the very best to last, I read this from cover to cover. It is simply outstanding. I gasped out loud, and I cried, several times. The story, the journey, the love, the regret and ultimately the ending, which is sublime.

Irène: Book One of the Brigade Criminelle Trilogy (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)
Irène: Book One of the Brigade Criminelle Trilogy (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I AM SO SO VERY VERY CROSS WITH AMAZON. And here's why, 10 Oct. 2014
This book is NOT the second in the trilogy it is the first. As a result, I had read Alex first so knew the ending of this book.

I read it anyway, and the book itself is amazing, gruesome, possibly a bit too graphic in places, but an extraordinary work.

I just wish I hadn't know the ending.

Get your descriptions right, Amazon.

Prestige Cook Gravy and Fat Seperator
Prestige Cook Gravy and Fat Seperator

2.0 out of 5 stars but the label doesn't come off which is seriously annoying, please use peelable labels, 12 Sept. 2014
Nothing wrong with the jug, but the label doesn't come off which is seriously annoying, please use peelable labels, or a paper insert to go in the jug. Considering sending it back for that reason alone.

Gul Kids Response 3/2 mm Flat Lock Steamer Wetsuit - Black/Red, Medium
Gul Kids Response 3/2 mm Flat Lock Steamer Wetsuit - Black/Red, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars and the price is like none I have seen anywhere else, 27 Aug. 2014
Absolutely outstanding. Quality what you expect from Gul, and the price is like none I have seen anywhere else. Arrived very quickly to boot. Thanks, can only recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5