Profile for James L. Allen > Reviews

Content by James L. Allen

James L. Allen "eilerson" (Chester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Grand Theft Auto V (PC)
Grand Theft Auto V (PC)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a waste., 7 Jan. 2016
All of the logging in and general online functionality of this game gave me the impression that I didn't have to worry about silly save game folders. This game makes out like it has a form of cloud saves, with all its webpage profile persistence etc, but I lost my save file about 40 hours in, and I wont be replaying. What a shame.

Elite Cycling Project Men's Cycle Beanie - Black, One Size
Elite Cycling Project Men's Cycle Beanie - Black, One Size
Offered by Glendinning Ltd Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Aug. 2015
I am hoping it will stretch a bit over time. I wouldn't call this one size fits all.

Weider Abs Crunch Trainer
Weider Abs Crunch Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Weider Abs Crunch Trainer (Sports)
More crunch than a bowl of cereal

Swissgear GA-7303-13F00 15.4-inch Maxxum Laptop Backpack (Red)
Swissgear GA-7303-13F00 15.4-inch Maxxum Laptop Backpack (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars It survived, 15 Feb. 2014
I bought this bag about 4 years ago to carry a heavy gaming laptop. It has been absolutely brilliant. Its traveled the world, survived a couple of years in China. Its carried my food shopping so many times, always having enough space.

Logitech G500s Laser USB Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500s Laser USB Gaming Mouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Its pretty good, 15 Feb. 2014
This mouse feels a bit cheap but its functionally quite good. The buttons are great. I love the unlocking wheel, the weights, the dpi adjustment. I don't like the cable, which seems to be stuck permanently at a downwards angle which causes it to rub against the desk for maximum friction. I have since bought a bungee, however the cable is stubborn and still wants to do what it wants even after a few months of use.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware, 15 Feb. 2014
The card itself is great. The software has caused me some issues however. The Asus tweak OC software has some odd bugs in it where it screws with your display settings despite not having anything to do with what resolution you are running etc. It is such a pain in the arse I have stopped OC'ing completely until I can find some better software. The Nvidia experience is annoying more than anything else. It keeps trying to update game settings but most of the time its just trying to overwrite my preferences such as windowed mode etc. Also I have been blue screening on the latest drivers, started a couple of weeks ago.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 12:28 AM GMT

MSI Z87-G45-GAMING ATX Motherboard (Intel Z87, 4x DDR3, DVI, HDMI, 6x USB3.0, GBE LAN, LGA1150 Socket)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 15 Feb. 2014
It looks nice and no major problems. I wasn't able to push my i5 as high as I had hoped, but I doubt its the fault of the board. I did have some memory leak issues with the killer LAN solution in win 8, but they got back to me with a command line solution.

Duronic Black 3m CAT6 FTP Professional Gold Headed Shielded Network Cable - Black - High Speed 500MHz Premium Quality Cat6 / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money, 5 stars, 15 Feb. 2014
I was surprised by the quality of these despite the low price. The cables are very thick with solid feeling connectors.

TP-LINK TL-PA551KIT AV500+ Gigabit Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 15 Feb. 2014
These work flawlessly. Its just like being plugged into the router's gigabit port even though I am on the other side of the house. I am not sure why gamers are so content to put up with wireless when these things are amazing.

Lavolta Stand Arm Pole for 2x Monitor LCD LED TV Screen Display Flat Panel Plasma
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 15 Feb. 2014
I returned this product after finding it unfit for purpose. It cannot support the weight of a monitor and the fitting is a nightmare.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3