Profile for robstan > Reviews

Content by robstan

robstan (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Legacy Code: (Legacy Code #1) (Fractured Era Series)
Legacy Code: (Legacy Code #1) (Fractured Era Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get into this book stopped reading at 71%, ..., 23 Feb. 2015
Couldn't get into this book stopped reading at 71%, which is most unusual for me. The heroine's thinking drove me to distraction, I really didn't care what happened to her just wished it would happen quicker.

Defect #1 Legacy Code Prequel (Fractured Era Series)
Defect #1 Legacy Code Prequel (Fractured Era Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars feel conned, 7 Feb. 2015
OK, the good news, I quite enjoyed the story and characters and would like to know more.
The bad news, at 100 pages with part 2 at 110 pages this is an outright con.....just charge me 99p to read the book for goodness sake. This is not a cliffhanger it's an unfinished book and if you want to know the end wait until the author has got around to writing it and, oh, by the way that's cost you money. I don't care if it is 99p or £99 I will not be cheated, so, no part 2 for me out of principle.
Authors and publishers play fair please!!!!!!

Sony KDL40R483 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Television with Freeview - Black
Offered by Hughes Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars cheepstakes, 29 Jan. 2015
Nice picture but slow menu.
One BIG complaint...to avoid the TV tipping forward and crushing my grandchildren I have to......BUY 2 m6 bolts, screw them into the back of the set, attach string to the screws, then screw the string to the back of the cabinet!!!!!!!!
Am I going mad????
They recognise the danger.....but do not provide 2 inexpensive screws to make the set safe!!!!
Health and safety help me!!!!!
Should this happen I will sue for negligence on the part of sony
So if you have your super glue handy and are willing to put up with the slow menu, then this is a good buy, because of the massive safety issue for 2 bolts (£4 for a pack 12) only 2 stars....cheepskates!

Flying Blind (Nathan Heller Novels)
Flying Blind (Nathan Heller Novels)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 29 Jan. 2015
Hated it

Warchild: Pawn: A Young Adult Dystopian Novel (The Warchild Series Book 1)
Warchild: Pawn: A Young Adult Dystopian Novel (The Warchild Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book although the writing style was a bit ..., 29 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed this book although the writing style was a bit odd, you do get used to it. But don't get this free book unless you're prepared to buy the next 2......very addictive , no swearing or people taking each others clothes off (which makes a change these days) bit violent though. Very readable

The Man Who Lived at the End of the World
The Man Who Lived at the End of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing style (ignore the few mistakes), 10 Dec. 2014
Read this book!!! I have just created a new folder on my kindle entitled favourites, it has got 1 book in it, this one. Excellent writing style (ignore the few mistakes), great characters that I cared about and a good story line. I will definitely watch for more from this author... More please

The Dossier
The Dossier

1.0 out of 5 stars another super hero...yawn, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Dossier (Kindle Edition)
Stopped reading it after enduring the bad language and perfect hero began to grate on my nerves. Believable heroes please and swearing just devalues the story never improves it

Goliath (A Ryan Mitchell Thriller Book 1)
Goliath (A Ryan Mitchell Thriller Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 12 Nov. 2014
Fast paced but predictable "chase the baddies" adventure, it's okay but i put it down and wasn't really bothered if I finished reading it. I found that I didn't identify with the good guys or are how they were going to win (a forgone conclusion).

The Beggar King (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 3)
The Beggar King (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Oct. 2014
great series of books. The historical setting is convincing and the characters are interesting and believable

Trapped (The Prometheus Project Book 1)
Trapped (The Prometheus Project Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Oct. 2014
I liked this, obviously written for younger viewers but I found it

interesting