Profile for Amazon Queen > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-27
GROHE Vitalio Trend Shower Slide Rail
GROHE Vitalio Trend Shower Slide Rail

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and style, 29 Dec. 2014
I am familiar with this brand so I snapped up this riser for the price. This is ideal as a replacement because you can adjust the supports so they match the holes from you previous riser. No need to re-drill the tiles and no unsightly old holes. The quality is excellent as expected from Grohe and no doubt I will get many years of usage out of this riser.

Kipling Women's Bagsational Shoulder Bag Black Animal
Kipling Women's Bagsational Shoulder Bag Black Animal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag, 25 Nov. 2014
This bag is just the right size, really roomy inside. It is very classy and dressy in the Animal Print pattern. My only criticism is the price, I think it's overpriced, the lining material is not of the usual standard but as I bought it reduced, I am still over the moon. Highly recommended. I have lots of Kipling bags and they last forever.

Tangled
Tangled
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Tangled (Amazon Video)
This a great film, I got it for my son only to be told by my hubby that it is more suitable for girls... But what does he know? (Do I detect some gender stereotyping...?) As it happens my 10 year old Call of Duty player, zombie slayer boy loved it and then we watched it together. I really enjoyed it. There are all the ingredients of a fairy tale plus some humour. What is there not to like?

ESYNiC Dual USB to SATA Serial ATA 15+7 22P Converter Adaptor Adapter Cable For Laptop Exteral 2.5" Hard Drive HDD SSD + Protective Case
Offered by eSynic

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims to do, 23 Oct. 2014
Great gadget. My laptop died on me and this allowed me to copy what I needed from the old HDD. There is a plastic fitting on the hard drive around the pins. This has to be removed and then this accessory fits perfectly.

Whispers in Time
Whispers in Time

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Whispers in Time (Kindle Edition)
Despite the fact I am a non believer in the afterlife, this book managed to capture my interest because I put aside my views and I thought the story was intriguing enough. But then it became too silly and I lost interest half way through. I skipped to the last pages and I am so glad I did because I saved myself hours of reading. The end is just pathetic. Sorry, not for me. Too Mills and Boon for my taste and too far fetched and ridiculous. Still, churning out this sort of drivel seems to pay the author's mortgage and at the end of the day we have to do whatever we can to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.

Extant Season 1
Extant Season 1
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Extant Season 1 (Amazon Video)
This could potentially be a good series but somehow things don't gel together. The acting is mediocre except for Halle Berry, it's as if the actors can be bothered and are struggling to be motivated, it's not enough to throw in a good actor and then wait for things to happen. And then there are stupid mistakes even a child could spot. They have all that technology and yet the Japanese guy (I forget his name...) wears glasses, even I have had eye laser surgery, plus he has been taking this potion found in a cave that has prolonged his life and kept him young, and yet his his eye sight declined over the years... They can take the Offsping alien from Molly's womb and "grow" him in an incubator type machine and yet Molly herself can't have children. Surely with that sort of technology couples wouldn't need to be childless. Anyway, this series has failed to inspire or interest me so I won't be watching Series 2.

Virgin Avocado Oil (50ml)
Virgin Avocado Oil (50ml)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 25 Sept. 2014
When it arrived I noticed that the oil had leaked because the pump part doesn't screw properly round the the bottle neck and the pump action can't be used, I have to unscrew it every time to get to the oil, if I try to use the pump, oil pours everywhere. I have never used avocado oil before so I can't compare but the oil absorbs well and is quite thin and odourless. When the parcel arrived I noticed that the postage cost £4.00 and I only paid £4.60 for the oil so how do they make their profit? I suspect it's because they store the oils in large containers and then just put them in these smaller bottles for shipping. The pump part is just screwed on (and badly at that, it fits poorly), which doesn't give me much faith in this product, I would prefer it if the container was tamper proof. I shan't buy from this seller again.

Police Riot Leather Cuff 17cms
Police Riot Leather Cuff 17cms
Offered by uhrenhuette & more

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my style, 9 Sept. 2014
This is really well made but it's not at all a feminine piece. Also, it doesn't stay up on your arm, despite adjusting, it keeps sliding down which would have made it awkward to wear. I sent it back and, as always Amazon made a prompt refund.

Maybe Someday
Maybe Someday

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, boring, boring....yawn...., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Maybe Someday (Kindle Edition)
There must be something wrong with me because I couldn't finish this book and I am an avid reader and there are so many positive reviews here and I seem to be the only one to disagree. I did try out of consideration for the friend who gave it to me but in the end I gave up. I do like a good story and a good plot and this book had neither. How this type of book sells the way it does is beyond me. There is no plot, no story, no character development, just endless descriptions of how the characters are feeling and the struggle they face against their urges/feelings. It's so predictable... To be honest, words fail me... Immediately after giving up on this book, I needed a detox for my brain and read a book that I found here on Amazon (the Kindle edition was free at the time), it was Heartstones by Kate Glanville and that is my kind of book, it gripped me from the first page and told the stories beautifully. Maybe Someday is just a Mills & Boon for the 21st century (i.e. they use laptops and smartphones a lot - that's it - contents wise is on a par with Mills & Boon).

Hush Puppies Women's Rustique 14" Boots Black 3 UK, 36 EU
Hush Puppies Women's Rustique 14" Boots Black 3 UK, 36 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 28 July 2014
These fit as expected and are extremely comfortable. Good quality as expected from this brand. I wear them with jeggings and straighten the furry bit upwards and they look great.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-27