Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "esforward" (London)

Philips OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer & Shaver with 3 x Lengths & 1 Extra Blade (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug) - QP2520/30

5.0 out of 5 stars The future of shaving, 25 July 2016
Fantastic. Goes through any length of hair like a hot knife through butter. Not the closest shave but more than good enough - plus quick, easy and cut free. A lot more cost effective plus it replaces about 2-3 various other trimmers I have. Definitely the future of shaving.

The Late Shift: Letterman, Leno and the Network Battle for the Night
The Late Shift: Letterman, Leno and the Network Battle for the Night
by Bill Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Gold, 23 Jun. 2016
Great book. As a Scottish guy with somewhat limited exposure to US TV I was still aware of the cultural significance of Johnny Carson and his show, and remember fleeting reports of the fallout from this poorly handled situation. I had the book on my list for a long time and it's lack of availability as a Kindle book was largely what stopped me from reading it. I got fed up waiting and took the plunge buying the hardback in 2015. Devoured it on holiday and it certainly lived up to the anticipation. This is proper research and writing and although I'm sure there's some dramatic licence, you just get the feeling of substance and quality. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone, I'd give it 6 stars if I could. I then followed up with The War for Late Night - like lightening striking twice - and another fantastic and insightful book.

Hyena
Hyena

5.0 out of 5 stars Hyena - no laughing matter..., 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hyena (MP3 Download)
I'll start this review by admitting I'm a little biased - I'm a big-time / long-time THE THE fan, but let's put that to the side. A good film score can really enhance a film and if really good then stand on it's own two legs - this album certainly does both in my view. The score as a whole is cracking and there's at least 5 pieces that really stand out for me that have been on constant replay since the album came out. I think this score and the film itself will go down as cult classics. While we're on that, saw the film at the weekend and loved that too - it's as brave an ending as I've seen and will divide opinion, but has left me thinking about it since I saw it. Well done to Gerald and Matt Johnson and can't wait to see more of Peter Ferdinando too, cannot recommend the score and film highly enough.

Mind Bomb
Mind Bomb

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning - still in love after almost 20 years, 25 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Mind Bomb (Audio CD)
This is the first and probably only review I'll ever write but after being given so much pleasure from this album I must pay it something back. When I first got it it was on my record player non-stop for a month, but the scary thing is I've realized is it's coming up for 19 years since its release (and my fervent purchase!). I'm am a fan but this album is one of the best ever made, all killer, no filler, if it gives you a tiny fraction of the pleasure it's given me it'll be money well spent.