Profile for James B > Reviews

Content by James B

James B

R-STYLE science experiments and interior in a triangular prism-only cross with a set (5cm)
Offered by Japan-Select

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 13 Jun. 2016
Took two months to arrive, and is not the dimensions listed in the description. Is tiny.

Traditional Garden Games Lawn Darts
Traditional Garden Games Lawn Darts
Offered by Unibos

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, cheap, useless product., 15 July 2009
These are seriously low quality, and are not in fact weighted heavily enough to even fly properly, let alone stick into the ground. Do not buy.

FoneM8 Bicycle Mobile Phone, Ipod, PDA Gripmatic Universal Holder
FoneM8 Bicycle Mobile Phone, Ipod, PDA Gripmatic Universal Holder

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but fixed size., 25 April 2008
I had initial problems with vibrations making it fall apart, but when I jammed it together a bit harder it was rock solid. Held my Nokia N95 in place brilliantly.

However, I recently changed bikes, and my (somewhat oversize) Bontranger drop handlebars have too wide a crossbar for this to fit across. Have kept it in place with a rubber band, but looking for a better solution.

Netgear WGR614UK Wireless 54G Cable Router
Netgear WGR614UK Wireless 54G Cable Router
Offered by TriStar Electronics Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Strongly advise against, 24 Aug. 2006
I've spent a week trying to set this up... I am quite experienced in networking, but still had to overcome a bunch of small problems. Then when fully set up the wireless signal strength was much weaker than expected, fluctuated wildly and dropped frequently.

I accept that I might have recieved a faulty piece of equipment, and am now returning it, but it was not helped by the fact that Netgear support is based in India and employs people with only basic english and no knowledge of networking, only the ability to read back information I could find myself. As such, I'm not buying Netgear again and I'd advise anyone thinking of buying this or any other electronic product to go to a shop with informed staff who can help you choose the right product and install it correctly. I've learnt my lesson.

P.S. As noted elsewhere, the router also gets incredibly hot. This is a very bad sign, and should be taken as evidence that something is seriously flawed in the design of this product.

Minesweeper Suite
Minesweeper Suite

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing Beatmixes, 20 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Minesweeper Suite (Audio CD)
Until I read other reviews of this album (after hearing it), I didn't consider it a 'mix album' - It's a bit more complex than that... African drums, Arabic vocals, Dancehall, R&B, Hip-Hop both hard and soulful, most of it set to breakbeats that achieve an Aphex Twin/Squarepusher level of Intensity.