Profile for Dinkytoy > Reviews

Gemstone Settings: The Jewelry Maker's Guide to Styles & Techniques
Gemstone Settings: The Jewelry Maker's Guide to Styles & Techniques
by Anastasia Young

4.0 out of 5 stars A well written sourcebook for the keen amateur, 8 Mar. 2013
I found this book to be a wonderful resource for anyone interested in jewellery making and looking to experiment with gemstone settings. Like other silversmithing publications it has a comprehensive section on tools and a very useful section on gemstones which I found helpful.
I would say that most of the techniques are somewhat advanced and if you are starting out in jewellery making there are other more helpful books but in saying that the descriptions are easy to follow.

Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers
Silversmithing for Jewelry Makers
by Elizabeth Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sourcebook, 11 Dec. 2012
The best book I've come across for beginners. A great cross section of techniques for anyone with minimal skill to read and try.

Kolay Black iPad 2 Leather Case & Screen Protector Kit for New Apple iPad 2 (2nd Generation)
Offered by FA Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value-for-money product, 18 Jun. 2011
I was very pleased with this when I received it, although it is a budget item it holds my IPad securely and is light yet sturdy. Since purchasing this I have never had my IPad out of it!
My only tiny criticism is that the cover material is easily scored. It is marked and indented where it has come into contact with other items in my bag. Despite this I would recommend it to anyone.

Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
by Daniel Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Insiring!, 21 Nov. 2010
I loved this book. It is written in such a way as to really get you engaged in all of the processes, step by step. My first attempts were successful and the formula for the bread mix has worked out every time I have attempted it.

I particularly liked the photographs which accompanied the instructions. Made each step that bit easier to understand.

All in all a great book at a fantastic price for anyone wanting to get into bread making