Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Cheznous > Reviews

Content by Cheznous

Cheznous "Jonboy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
KOBO N709-KU-BK-K-EP AURA ONE I.MX6SOLOLITE 8GB E2ECAPACITIVETOUCH - (Gadgets > Ebook Readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars The alternative reader for the cognoscenti, 25 Sept. 2016
Obtained direct from Kobo came via Netherlands.
Cost 189 pounds, pay no more.
Brilliant reader, especially if you prefer the larger screen.
The night light is strange but works pretty well, idea being you sleep better after late night reading than standard light setting.
I would recommend Calibre and converting epub and mobi files to kepub as they give a little more information on the screen but epub are fine.

I have most of the Kindle and Kobo readers and to date I think the Kobo Glow HD has been the best of all but I do like the bigger screen and the resolution is very good. Waterproof as well for those of us who read in the bath.
It is better value than the Oasis but I think to really benefit from Kobo readers it helps if you are familiar with Calibre and side loading books to get the full benefit.

Astell&Kern Layla Special Edition Universal Fit IEM PSF11
Astell&Kern Layla Special Edition Universal Fit IEM PSF11
Price: £2,333.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime Treat for the Ear, 9 July 2016
I have had these IEMs for over twelve months now so I can give a fair review.
Quite simply, with one caveat, these are the best IEM I have ever owned or indeed heard.
Prior to this I had upgraded over the years to the Shure 846 and the Westone W60, both fine earphones.
The shear detail you get from these with minimum red book files is quite astonishing.
Obviously for MP3 these are a waste of money, but for FLAC red book and above these are superb.
The separation of instruments and the sound stage for an IEM is excellent.
The bass is adjustable via a screw driver and two screws on the cable. I find half way or 1pm about right.
You also get a balanced cable to use with those DAPs with 2.5mm balanced capabilities and I do think this has the edge.
In summary if you can afford these and love music get a pair.
The caveat I mentioned. These are big iem and will stick out like no other iem. The Shure 846 look tiny in ear compared to these.
I use Comply 500 tips if it is any help.

Naim Mu-So Wireless Music System.
Naim Mu-So Wireless Music System.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent one room solution and is certainly the best streamer ..., 28 April 2016
This is an excellent one room solution and is certainly the best streamer I have used to date.
I would recommend using the LAN connection rather than wifi if you are using UpnP and want to stream bit rates higher than red book FLAC.
I use the Serviio media server on my MAC and it works brilliantly.
Using the NAIM app on an iPad I can even get information about the particular album and artist I am listening to.
I even bought the QB to use in the bedroom as I was so impressed with this.
HOWEVER do not pay more than 895 pounds. Naim do not discount but likewise you should not pay more than the retail price which is 895 pounds.

Kindle Oasis E-reader with Merlot Leather Charging Cover, 6'' High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars The current best e-reader., 28 April 2016
Having owned every Kindle since day 1, I pass the older ones on to friends and family, I had to get this new model.
It is smaller than I imagined but works perfectly with the case.
I actually thought the newish Kobo HD was the best reader but the new Oasis takes that number one spot because a. Battery life
b. Looks so good in the merlot case.
Screen wise it is not so different from the Voyager so unless you have to have the latest Kindle there is no real reason to update
but if you do you will not be disappointed. Plus giving your old Kindle away can only encourage more people to read so that is a good thing.
Still no colour but do we need that for anything other than text books and comics?
Intersting to see how long the battery life is. I tended to get days rather than weeks out of previous models as I read a lot.. So will be happy if I get 4 weeks plus.

Brabantia Touch Bin, 60 L - Passion Red
Brabantia Touch Bin, 60 L - Passion Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Its big and red but its not a postbox, 8 April 2016
Our old bin seemed to be full every couple of days.
The extra capacity of this is so much better.
I personally love the red colour though one also has the feeling one should be posting a letter in it rather than disposing of the crap.

Monogram Allergyfree Heated Super King Size Dual Controller Mattress Cover with Allergy Protection Using HHL Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty Nights, 8 April 2016
Had a while now so can make a valued judgement.
Very good and the twin controls work like a charm.
The dog of course loves it the most.

Rohde Mens Slippers 6600 90 Black 10 UK, 44 EU
Rohde Mens Slippers 6600 90 Black 10 UK, 44 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to be excited about slippers but....., 8 April 2016
This review is from: Rohde Mens 6600 Slippers (Shoes)
They are slippers so it is hard to get too excited about about.
They are very good though and have lasted longer than most of the slippers I have had.
The fact they are slip on with no back means I have not ruined the back which I inevitably do on normal slippers.
Though they appear a little plasticky perhaps they are surprisingly comfy.
Recommended.

Astell&Kern PEM14 AK-CD Ripper
Astell&Kern PEM14 AK-CD Ripper

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say this is an excellent bit of kit, 8 April 2016
I have to say this is an excellent bit of kit.
It allows you to rip cd in FLAC or WAV format direct to your AK320 or 380 where they are stored in a separate section on the DAPs internal memory.
You can then easily copy from your DAP to your computer for long term safe keeping.
The ripper is remarkably quiet under normal mode though you can use a number of faster ripping settings.
You can use it even when you player has the AK amp attached and it uses the built in wifi of your player to access the cddb database for track details and artwork if available.
Very good and unlike most AK stuff not too overpriced.

Rawblood
Rawblood

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but very bleak., 26 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Rawblood (Kindle Edition)
Though I do recommend this book it is resolutely bleak and never lets up.
There are no chinks of light no real redemption and perhaps it needed at least some moments of
light amongst the despair.
The book jumps at times over the time line and you realise it should all pull together at the end with some grand denouement, however it
doesn't really.
However it is well written and there are moments of real unease throughout the book.
If you like gothic horror with a touch of the metaphysical then this could be for you.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars English Birds are not as smart as their American Cousins, 26 Dec. 2015
I like the capacity of this feeder and its build quality is amongst the best, Then again it is not cheap.
However I do find that not only do the birds have to get used to it but that they prefer to feed from the more traditional feeders first and then this unit when the others are depleted.
Maybe I have silly birds but they seem to try and peck the seeds through the perspex without realising they need to land on the mounts and stick their heads in the feeding points. I took the ring off and this does improve matters somewhat.
I like it and will persist but have traditional feeders as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6