Profile for keven > Reviews

Content by keven

keven "cool J" (new york)

Fargo (Special Edition) [1996] [DVD]
Fargo (Special Edition) [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frances McDormand
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars What they DONT TELL YOU, 12 Aug. 2010
I loved the movie Fargo. I thought it was one of the the most brilliant exposes of the uselessness and stupidity of violence, and the nature of selfishness, ever put to screen.

YET...of vital importance is the fact that this DVD does NOT contain the film that won the Oscars.

This version of the film has edited almost every scene with the kidnapped victim, Jerry Lundegaard's wife, and the two idiot criminals, Carl and Gaear. I assume that this is been done because this film is based on a true story and a family member was unhappy with how cruelly she was treated in real life and on the screen. I sympathize 1000%. However, the thing that made this film good is that the story progresses with such dark (an comic) realism that you are left with the total sense of the insanity of placing money (however large or small the amount) over the health, welfare, happiness or life of another person. It is a tremendous disappointment to find that this copy of the film has been edited to a meaningless pulp in which the wife simply becomes a comic character for whom one could potentially be left feeling nothing.

Please bring back the real Fargo!!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 12:07 AM BST

Avatar [DVD]
Avatar [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS JUST THE BEST DARN THANG!!!!!!!, 24 April 2010
This review is from: Avatar [DVD] (DVD)
THIS I HAVE TO SAY IS THE BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN! AT HOME I HAVE A LIBRARY OF OVER 1000 FILMS AND I ONLY BUY THE ONES I LIKE.
I SEE ALMOST EVERY MOVIE IN CINEMA AND BUY IT IF I DON'T. YOU WILL NOT BE WASTING YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU BUY AVATAR ITS 100% ORIGINAL AND FUN TH BEST EVER MADE :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2013 5:34 AM GMT

Apple AirPort Extreme Wi-fi Card
Apple AirPort Extreme Wi-fi Card

1.0 out of 5 stars The Image for this Item is NOT the item you will receive!!!, 21 April 2010
Amazon has a glitch and is presenting an incorrect item image. The item you receive is not the one pictured. If you are looking for Airport Extreme for an older Mac than this won't work.

The Fox And The Child [DVD]
The Fox And The Child [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luc Jacquet

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical filmmaking, 27 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The Fox And The Child [DVD] (DVD)
Watching this movies was like walking into a dream world of nature at its most beautiful. The seasons unfold one after another with magnificent intensity as a lovely 10 year old girl seeks friendship with a wisely wary fox. I was amazed by the incredible patience that she displayed as she wooed the fox, day after day, in the hope that she could connect with him, and is rewarded with a genuine friendship, with film footage that astounded me on every level. Yes, the fox is very cute, but the sensitivity with which this movie was filmed takes the story to a whole new level. I won't go into the story, as I wouldn't want to ruin if for you, but I can't imagine anyone watching this film and feeling a moments boredom or disappointment. I think that it is about time I spent some time sitting quietly in the woods. Perhaps, after watching this, you will feel the same way too.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2015 9:35 AM GMT