Profile for J > Reviews

Content by J

J

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC 32 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by B3Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10, 10 Nov. 2013
I bought this to go in the 'Likedigi Q7 Car DVR Dashboard Camera' (B00AA49FUW and after 3 weeks it works fine. It records 2.5-3 hours of footage (not the 4 hours advertised) so definitely overestimate how long you need to record. Actual usable capacity is 29Gb. It records moving footage to good quality with no jumps.

Other reviewers have said it has problems in Samsung phones so be careful what you use this with.

I got it for £19 when usually it is £50 apparently so I'm so far happy and would buy again AT THAT PRICE. I would NOT pay £50 for it.

Real Leather Lined Belt by 'Ossi' in Black Medium Size 32" - 36"
Real Leather Lined Belt by 'Ossi' in Black Medium Size 32" - 36"
Offered by HotShuffle

5.0 out of 5 stars MENS LEATHER BELT, 10 Nov. 2013
Arrived in good time and as described. I like the look of the belt and hasn't shown any signs of wear after wearing it every work day for 4 weeks. Would buy again.

Summit SRG-970 Mirror Glass Standard Replacement
Summit SRG-970 Mirror Glass Standard Replacement

4.0 out of 5 stars Summit SRG-970 Mirror Glass Standard Replacement, 10 Nov. 2013
I did my research and found the number of the exact wing mirror size and shape I needed for my car (Peugeot 207) and ordered this. It arrived in good time and as described. It's real glass rather than reflective plastic which you sometimes get. It has lost a star because it does not fit perfectly leaving 5mm of exposed broken glass of the old wing mirror underneath which is noticeable in the car but not really for other people to notice.

It's easy to apply, simply peal off the plastic stuck to the double sided tap then stick over the top of your old broken wing mirror. Make sure you align it perfectly first time otherwise you'll have to peel it off and probably compromise the effectiveness of the adhesive.

Would buy again.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Likedigi Q7 Car DVR Dashboard Camera, 10 Nov. 2013
The dashcam arrived on time and as described. I waited until the camera arrived before buying the memory card because I wanted to be absolutely sure I was ordering the right type.

It takes a micro SD card (called micro TFT in China) and as advised by other customers I got a class 10 card so that it wrote the data to the card as fast as the camera recorded to avoid jumpy playback.

The camera itself arrived as new and came with a USB charger/data transfer cable and an in car charging cable. However it does NOT come with a suction cup to attach it to the windscreen which is not mentioned and I was told by Amazon customer services that it did.

This is a problem because if I tape it to the actual dashboard like the name suggests then the view for the camera is poor. It is best at the top of the windscreen. I’ve rectified this by using elastic band to attach it to the rear view mirror. The problem with this is firstly the mirror is turned to the driver meaning the camera is angled toward the passenger side of the car. The second problem is that this stops me from being able to flick the rear view mirror at night so that bright lights behind me are refracted away which gives me a headache.

There are a few problems with the device itself:

Firstly, when turning it on or when it comes on when the charging cable is plugged in an annoying and very loud Chinese voice starts shouting. This is very embarrassing when plugging it into my computer at work in order to charge it. This voice cannot be turned off, only turned down. This is done with the volume control in the settings menu however for some reason this also turns down the volume at which the camera records sounds so it doesn’t record potentially important sounds like rear collisions or road rage, or spoken number plates (if the camera doesn’t pick them up visually) during the journey.

Secondly the battery life is terrible. The battery after a full days charging while at work will only last for 2 hours while recording. My commute to work normally lasts for just over two hours per day so annoyingly it doesn’t last for the whole return journey.

This would be fine because I could get over the hassle and danger of having to plug in the in car charger while driving however the in car charger broke after two weeks. The charger fell apart at the charging end when I was unplugging it from the cigarette lighter. The fuse tube came out but the fuse looked unbroken so I reassembled the charger however it not doesn’t work. I asked for a replacement cable to be sent but Amazon cannot do this, they can only have me send the product back and order a new one. As I explained to the – nice and helpful - customer service staff the product may have gone up in price or be out of stock so I don’t want to risk getting a refund and reordering when the product itself is still working and it’s just a cheap cable (cheap to buy excluding P+P but difficult to find on its own and not worth buying for that alone) plus it’s just a lot of time and effort for a cable.

All in all the product performs well and is easy to use. The video quality is good but certainly not high definition by any… definition of high definition. This has been said countless times by other reviewers for this and similar products so I don’t know why Amazon let them get away with advertising it like that on the website.

It does what I want it to but combining the camera and micro SD of sufficient quality brings the cost to £50.26 (I paid £30.95 for the camera and £19.31 for the following ‘SanDisk microSDHC Ultra 32GB, class 10’: B007JTKLEK which I think is too expensive especially when I can no longer charge it in the car and it has the problems outlined above.

All in all I’d give it 2.5 stars if I could for prompt delivery, good condition, good recording quality, and good customer service but countered by all the problems above but I’m going to be generous and go for 3/5 instead of 2/5.

Casio Collection - Unisex Digital Watch with Resin Strap - STR-300C-1VER
Casio Collection - Unisex Digital Watch with Resin Strap - STR-300C-1VER

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Sport Runner's Watch, 2 Aug. 2012
The watch is everything I need as a casual runner. As well as functioning as a standard watch the stopwatch function with splits allows me to time my runs and these are then saved to be viewed later. Fits well and looks ok. Works fine after 3 runs after getting wet in the rain and from drink.

PhD Nutrition Mixball Shaker, 600 ml
PhD Nutrition Mixball Shaker, 600 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars PhD Mix-Ball Shaker Cup, 4 July 2012
Great buy. I drink all my shakes out of this, whether it's just whey or BCAAs or Creatine and Beta alanine. The metal ball really helps dissolve supplements. Before this I used an electric blender but that's unnecessary with this. Used everyday for a week and no leaks.

Everlast Men's Velcro Pro Style Training Glove - Black, 12 oz
Everlast Men's Velcro Pro Style Training Glove - Black, 12 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Everlast Pro Style Boxing Training Gloves, 4 July 2012
Nice gloves for beginners, have held together well over 12 sessions. Feel good and solid when punching. However I stupidly bought 12oz gloves when I should really have 14oz minimum if not 16oz. Lesson learned.

Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Leggings - Black, Medium
Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Leggings - Black, Medium
Offered by SUB SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Sports Compression Fit Baselayer Leggings, 4 July 2012
Contacted the seller for advice on size and received prompt response. Arrived and fit perfectly. I wore them when hiking the length of Hadrian's wall. Helped with muscle soreness. Also wear when weight lifting and helps with DOMS.

Lichfield Explorer 60+10 Rucksack
Lichfield Explorer 60+10 Rucksack

5.0 out of 5 stars Lichfield Explorer 60+10 Rucksack, 23 Jun. 2012
I bought this product to use when hiking the length of Hadrian's wall. Worked very well, very spacious, comfortable padding on your back and the straps and the waist support which keeps the bag from moving around. Exactly what you need when exhausted and want all the energy to go into walking and not adjusting the bag.

Zips were a little stiff to begin with but did not break on the trip. Would buy again.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
Offered by Game-Vault

5.0 out of 5 stars The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD), 29 May 2012
I spent hundreds upgrading my PC and looked for a game to test my new hardware. This was the perfect choice. I have so far put in 130 hours of my spare time, the odd hour here and there in the evenings, and the game has so much more to offer. Very few games have this level of depth. The graphics are absolutely fantastic and provide a really enjoyable experience.

I would urge everyone to get the PC version due to the availability of the console to enter commands. I previous had oblivion on the Xbox and could not progress in the game due to a glitch. In a game this massive and complex glitches and bugs are bound to occur and a couple have occurred again in Skyrim however these have been instantly rectified with a console command. For example, I had previously cleared out a dungeon and a later quest required me to clear out the same dungeon. I couldn't complete it because the enemies wouldn't respawn so I simply entered the console command to advance the quest. It's not cheating because I had already done it. The same thing happened in Oblivion but because I had it on Xbox I could do nothing.

Furthermore a PC has the potential for much better graphics I have seen Skyrim on XBox and it just doesn't compare.

Great game.