Profile for J. Harrison > Reviews

Content by J. Harrison

J. Harrison "Jen" (Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)
Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very raunchy - but a bit of fun, 9 Oct. 2013
This book was a bit graphic for my taste, and a bit of a stretch of the imagination in terms of the situation. But the characters were quite fun and, leaving aside all that it is reasonably well written and an interesting storyline. I would only recommend if this is your sort of thing and you aren't too easily offended!

Gel Eze Non Slip Pad
Gel Eze Non Slip Pad
Offered by Head to Hoof

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Gel Eze Non Slip Pad (Misc.)
This pad is super thin, so I am not convinced how much difference it makes. It is non-slip, however, and I am using a thin saddle cloth underneath as well.
I may invest in a thicker one in time.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, look sturdy, 11 Jun. 2013
These seem great for the price, time will tell whether they will last as well as the more expensive ones - but that's always the risk. Currently I am very pleased with the product.

SHIRES EQUESTRIAN PADDED GRASS GRAZING MUZZLE/MASK COB
SHIRES EQUESTRIAN PADDED GRASS GRAZING MUZZLE/MASK COB
Offered by William Hunter Equestrian

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice muzzle, fits well and easy to lead from. Restricted breathing, not sure how long it will last, 3 May 2013
The best things about this are that it is easy to put on, seems to be comfortable, I can pop some nice titbits through the hole in the end, and the metal loop on the bottom means it is easy to lead from.

I bought this so that I can take my horse for walks without her spending the whole time eating. After a couple of trips out she has now accepted it and is easy to lead.

The downsides are that it is quite hot under it, and my horse seems to have restricted breathing because it is quite enclosed around the nostrils. Fine for walking, but if we trot or anything I am aware she can get a bit uncomfortable.

Also, we had one for our shetland and it didn't last too long before the rubber cracked and broke. This one seems ok for now, but I am not expecting it to last forever!

I would definitely recommend it, though, it has made my life much easier and we both really enjoy our walks now! I am not sure that I would leave her unattended in the field with it on, I suspect that she would get it off!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 10:09 AM BST

LOGIK Portable DAB Radio
LOGIK Portable DAB Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars Assume radio would be fine if it had a mains cable with it, 4 Feb. 2013
I didn't read the small print carefully enough - this product was a returned item and did not include a mains cable. Instead they packed 6 batteries, which lasted for 1 use and then the next time I came to use it they had packed in. I now have to go and buy a replacement mains cable, which is a right pain.
I have to assume the radio will be fine once I can actually use it. Pretty disappointed, would have preferred to pay the extra few £ for a radio that came with the required power source to be able to use it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 11:25 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, long, good value for money, 4 Feb. 2013
In my local farm shop I was told I needed to buy the scoop and rake, I couldn't get the rake separately. So, buying this item saved me almost £15! The rakes inevitably break after a while, but this one seems sturdy and I really like the flat head which enables scraping of the manure as well as the rake side. Good length, doesn't hurt the back, and the handle is nice and secure. Very pleased.

The House on Fever Street
The House on Fever Street

3.0 out of 5 stars Intense, twists and intrigue, 2 Jan. 2013
Quite a good book, I liked the twists and turns. Interesting, though I wasn't gripped as such. Didn't really associate with the characters, which probably explains why I wasn't totally into it. Interesting read though.

Rogues, Rakes & Jewels
Rogues, Rakes & Jewels

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 2 Jan. 2013
I liked this short novel, entertaining, fun characters. A bit cheesy, but not really an issue - lighthearted and sweet

Friend Request (Auto Series)
Friend Request (Auto Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting short read, 12 Nov. 2012
I liked this short book - it was thought provoking and a reflection of how much people could be drawn into living entirely through social media and electronics. A good reminder that being honest and having face to face communication and friendships should not be replaced by innovative ICT!

523-0039 Derby House Rancher Half Chaps Chocolate (Small)
523-0039 Derby House Rancher Half Chaps Chocolate (Small)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice chaps, buckle broke after a few uses, 6 Feb. 2012
I really like the design, fit and feel of these chaps. My main reservation is that the buckle on the top is very flimsy and broke after a few uses. I was having to do it up tight because I have thin legs, but that is what it's meant for. Having to tie something around the top now which rather ruins the look of new chaps! Otherwise fine.

Page: 1 | 2