Profile for jazzy2 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Writing Home
Writing Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Alan Bennett, 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Writing Home (Kindle Edition)
I gave three stars because truthfully I got a bit bored halfway through. I enjoyed some of the articles and diaries,which were amusing, but could easily have given up - it all got a bit samey! I guess I made a mistake by reading it through rather than dipping in which would probably made it more interesting. I still like his work though!

The Monogram Murders: The New Hercule Poirot Mystery (Hercule Poirot Series Book 43)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Jun. 2016
I gave it 3 stars because I generally like Sophie Hannah's writing so I'm being generous but I didn't really care for this.I used to read Agatha Christie and thoroughly enjoyed them but this was so convoluted I lost interest very early on. I didn't really care who did it I just felt pleased to have got to the end without giving up! I see she has written another ' Poirot ' novel - please stop and stick to writing your own original novels

TECNI ART Volume Lift spray mousse 250 ml
TECNI ART Volume Lift spray mousse 250 ml
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume booster, 24 May 2016
This was recommended by my hairdresser. I have thin, limp hair and needed some volume. This product is the best I have ever bought - well worth the money.

Flesh House (Logan McRae, Book 4)
Flesh House (Logan McRae, Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good story, 20 May 2016
I do enjoy Logan McRae books and this doesn't disappoint. Some of the scenes were bit gruesome - not necessarily high on the list of qualities for my holiday read, but I found it hard to put down and kept having to read just a bit more!

Virgin Widow
Virgin Widow

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable holiday read, 20 May 2016
This review is from: Virgin Widow (Kindle Edition)
I have to disagree most strongly with anyone who thinks Anne O'Brien's books are better than Phillipa Gregory's - and confess that the literary reviews I read and take note of, are not contained in The Sun. There is really no comparison - PG is far superior. It's an OK read but needs to be taken in the spirit of an interesting imaginative story. I realise that little is known factually about Anne Neville, but I couldn't help feeling that this was a work mostly of romantic fiction rather than any historical fiction. I gave it 3 stars because it was a reasonable holiday read and I bought it because it was cheap. I wouldn't pay full price for these books.

Ladies Women Soft Leather Backpack rucksack Shoulder Fashion bag
Ladies Women Soft Leather Backpack rucksack Shoulder Fashion bag
Offered by LuggageCentreUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended bag, 20 May 2016
I wanted a small backpack to take on holiday with me. I had left ordering to the last minute and this was the only one with a quick delivery which would arrive in time. I have just returned from a holiday touring around Cuba. The bag was used every day and proved to be a wonderful bargain. The leather is beautifully soft. It has three compartments, one large which is just the right size to hold a bottle of water, suntan cream, sunglasses, tissues, kindle,phone, passport; the next compartment has a separate space and plenty of room for hand wash, hand cream,lip salve, any little bits and pieces and then there is a section which goes next to your back where I kept a packet of wipes and sheets of loo paper (essential for this trip!). It was comfortable to wear - the two shoulder straps can be zipped together to make one strap if you want a shoulder bag. A real bargain.!

LEGO Elves 41075: The Elves' Treetop Hideaway
LEGO Elves 41075: The Elves' Treetop Hideaway

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun lego set, 22 April 2016
This was bought for my 8 year old granddaughter. She says there were lots of pieces but it was easy to build. She liked the few technic pieces which means things move around. It's fun to play with.

The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)
The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 April 2016
I bought this for my 10 year old grandson and he says it was exciting and a good finish to the series. He couldn't put it down once he had started and would definitely recommend it.

A God in Ruins: Costa Novel Award Winner 2015
A God in Ruins: Costa Novel Award Winner 2015
by Kate Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 19 Feb. 2016
I loved Life After Life and had recently re-read it and discussed it at a Book Club. I bought this to read on holiday and it was very difficult to stop myself reading it as soon as I bought it! However, as soon as I started it I was drawn back into Teddy's life - I couldn't put it down. Does Teddy die in World War 2? Read the book and find out! This is yet another amazing book by Kate Atkinson - what an author!!!! I really can't praise and recommend all of her books enough.

The Forbidden Queen
The Forbidden Queen

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Historical Novel, 19 Feb. 2016
I'd never read any books by this author before and while I wouldn't agree that she's better than Philippa Gregory, she can certainly write a good story. I read this on my Kindle so the family trees were hopeless, but fortunately, I had recently read a factual book set in similar times, so the names were familiar to me. As so little is known about Catherine de Valois, it was a very readable, imaginative story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11